Login

russian armor

AT / Raktenwerfer OKW revamp

7 Jun 2019, 21:39 PM

Raketenwerfer needs to be changed as we all know. It play a better supportive role rather a sneaky backstabber, meaning has to get closer due to its range and sneak cuz of camo.

Which we all know is a disturbing feature and it should be changed.

Remove Camo and Retreat completely and make the range the same as any other. Rak should be 5 man and should be able to move faster as passive ability than any other AT gun. Since it is vulnerable, that is why it should be 5 man, to give a little edge. No abilities. Just has the passive to move faster. Although it is the most vulernable AT gun as it is currently but it should be not made too weak its survivability as it currently is. That is why 5 man is enough.
[/u]
Currently on both sides, allies and axis it is frustrating. Please change it.
___

OKW has no proper mobile infantryAT unit. Sturmpio with 1 Pzshrek is lackluster for 70 ammo which is a lot. It is not worth it and if anything it should be improved. They should be able to get 2 Pzshrek and each costing 60 ammo. Why should it be 70 ammo. It is a lot just for one only that proves with little effect.

Every faction has proper AT mobile infantry unit and OKW with the worst. What is the definition of proper mobile infantry AT unit is the following. Has high Vehicle Damage per second and has has snares in addition. Sturmpio with one Pzshrek has the lowest Vehicle overall damage and no snares.

It would make more sense if they had 2 instead. 1 Makes no sense and it is useless.

If it should remain 1 Pzshrek than I suggest Volksgrenadiers to get it instead but locks their STG upgrade if the AT upgrade is acquired. Because factions such as USF and UKF can have a unit Royale Engineers with 2 AT plus snare and Riflemen with 2 AT with snare. That is my point.
___

To sum this up. Rak should be locked in the beginning and becomes only available after 1 base built.

Volks can use Pzfaust in the beginning like Wehr does. So now not only the MG is locked as it currently is and now Rak.

7 Jun 2019, 22:31 PM

as said many time already,vCOH pak 38 would do the job just fine
7 Jun 2019, 23:29 PM

as said many time already,vCOH pak 38 would do the job just fine

No assets. Closest thing they could do is Pak 40 but the "OMG YOU'RE MAKING THEM ALL TOO SIMILAR!11!!1" crowd will jump.
8 Jun 2019, 00:46 AM

Underlining loses its emphasis when every line is underlined...

Also fuck no to volks Shreks. It was actually removed from volks because a cheap 5 man Shrek squad that can also do... Everything is bad design. It was LITERALLY removed because it's bad design. It's not coming back.

5 man rak with adjusted abilities sounds good though. I'd like to see that in testing.
8 Jun 2019, 00:48 AM

I once suggested a slight but radical change:
Make rak crew as able to fight inf as volskgren, as it were a volks squad with the rak ATG. 4 people, 3 to fight. 60% Firepower compared unupgraded volks. Voila! Now OKW can combine volks and raketen squads to be able to fight off up to medium armor from T0.

Before anyone spitting into my face for such claims i have to say also:
Remove volks sbags. Remove Raks camo. Match up moving speeds from both units. Remove 100 MP from OKW (maybe?). Keep Pfaust Locked. Remove lavanade (?

Results:
-Raks loose cheese
-Raks are no longer fragile AF
-Volks have slighlty better AT support from raks
-There is a logic reason raks can retreat (they are almost normal infantry now)
-VOlkS NerFeD
-People happy
-Profit (?
8 Jun 2019, 00:49 AM

I once suggested a slight but radical change:
Make rak crew as able to fight inf as volskgren, as it were a volks squad with the rak ATG. 4 people, 3 to fight. 60% Firepower compared unupgraded volks. Voila! Now OKW can combine volks and raketen squads to be able to fight off up to medium armor from T0.

Before anyone spitting into my face for such claims i have to say also:
Remove volks sbags. Remove Raks camo. Match up moving speeds from both units. Remove 100 MP from OKW (maybe?). Keep Pfaust Locked. Remove lavanade (?

I too like the idea of some crews actually fighting. I remember the old mg34 had a volks crew and tbh it was cool and unique and made up for the lack luster performance. I'd like to see some more experimentation like that
8 Jun 2019, 00:53 AM

No assets. Closest thing they could do is Pak 40 but the "OMG YOU'RE MAKING THEM ALL TOO SIMILAR!11!!1" crowd will jump.

Was about to comment the same thing!

Honestly OKW deserves a tech tree pak 40
8 Jun 2019, 07:28 AM

Is there any AT gun model that haven't been used? There is a soviet m42 AT gun which could be transfer into a german 3.7 cm Pak 36 which looks almost the same. But that sadly matches more ostheer ostroopen commander rather than OKW
8 Jun 2019, 08:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2019, 07:28 AMStark
Is there any AT gun model that haven't been used? There is a soviet m42 AT gun which could be transfer into a german 3.7 cm Pak 36 which looks almost the same. But that sadly matches more ostheer ostroopen commander rather than OKW

Pak36 was used even it end of the war firing Stielgranate 41
8 Jun 2019, 08:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2019, 08:05 AMVipper

That's an idea as well I guess
8 Jun 2019, 09:01 AM

And that makes even less sense, Stielgranate 41 was the last hope shot. It does the same job as the Raktenwerfer, but the grenade is charged at the end of the barrel, which reduces the rate of fire and increases the risk of crew death.
8 Jun 2019, 09:25 AM

And that makes even less sense, Stielgranate 41 was the last hope shot. It does the same job as the Raktenwerfer, but the grenade is charged at the end of the barrel, which reduces the rate of fire and increases the risk of crew death.

I am not sure how a historical fact "makes even less sense" ino your opinion.

In addition: "Stielgranate 41 was the last hope shot" is incorrect. IT was the first shot and it could take most allied tanks.
8 Jun 2019, 09:42 AM

yes, but that would basicly make him a rakktenwerfer.
8 Jun 2019, 09:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2019, 09:42 AMStark

yes, but that would basicly make him a rakktenwerfer.

I simply pointed out that it does not actually "fit" only osttrtuppen, it was used in late war even in France and it fits OKW also.
8 Jun 2019, 10:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2019, 09:25 AMVipper

I am not sure how a historical fact "makes even less sense" ino your opinion.

In addition: "Stielgranate 41 was the last hope shot" is incorrect. IT was the first shot and it could take most allied tanks.

This means that this is just a Raktenwerfer clone with the worst characteristics. Does not make sense. Stielgranate 41 was used because it is cool, but because we need the maximum amount of anything that fired at the enemy.

As an option, give Trophy ZIS-3 for OKW, if PaK-40 is too powerful for OKW
8 Jun 2019, 10:35 AM

This means that this is just a Raktenwerfer clone with the worst characteristics. Does not make sense. Stielgranate 41 was used because it is cool, but because we need the maximum amount of anything that fired at the enemy.

As an option, give Trophy ZIS-3 for OKW, if PaK-40 is too powerful for OKW

Again I have simply brought up real life facts. In real life Pak 36 was not a RW clove. One was ATG gun that could launch grenades the other a rocket launcher.

In game there are a number of way one can improve the RW performance.
8 Jun 2019, 10:39 AM

Yes, they did but the Pak38 was the successor to the Pak36. It would be great if anything if OKW acquires either a Pak36 or Pak38.

Raketenwerfer is not even a proper support weapon in game.

IRL it was made in lesser quantities than the Panzershreks. It is also said to have double the range of the Pzshrek. Apparently in this game it is the same range which is a big lol.

According to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8.8_cm_Raketenwerfer_43
8 Jun 2019, 10:49 AM

Yes, they did but the Pak38 was the successor to the Pak36. It would be great if anything if OKW acquires either a Pak36 or Pak38.

Raketenwerfer is not even a proper support weapon in game.

IRL it was made in lesser quantities than the Panzershreks. It is also said to have double the range of the Pzshrek. Apparently in this game it is the same range which is a big lol.

According to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8.8_cm_Raketenwerfer_43

RW range 50
PS range is 35

Again the RW can be fixed and does not be replaced. Pak36 can also be added to game either as stock or as doctrinal unit.
8 Jun 2019, 10:55 AM

Also fuck no to volks Shreks. It was actually removed from volks because a cheap 5 man Shrek squad that can also do... Everything is bad design. It was LITERALLY removed because it's bad design. It's not coming back.

5 man rak with adjusted abilities sounds good though. I'd like to see that in testing.

It was a mere suggestion. I understand why it was a bad design the Volks and that it should not be implemented.

The current version of Sturmpio with 1 Pzshrek is even a terrible design also (being currently underpowered and not self sufficient). Since OKW does not even have a proper mobile AT infantry unit compared to rest of any other factions in game. Giving them instead 2 Panzerbüchse would be better. Should shoot slightly more frequently than Penals with PTRS since there is no snares and suffer models plus AT firepower.

All other factions have proper mobile AT infantry unit except OKW.
8 Jun 2019, 11:19 AM

use the pak 40 skin with slight modifications and call it pak 38 reduce pen, give first strike bonus , done
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★