Login

russian armor

Buff old Osttruppen Commander

6 Jun 2019, 21:24 PM

Hello,

shortly, it is about the old Ostrruppen commander. For me it is dead, after the last rework it becomes useless. The MG34 + PaK40 drop is interesting, but not enough to make the doctrine worth it.

I would like to see hull-down combined with the trench ability. That would allow to make some late-game chances.

Beside, I am one of that small number of people really play this commander. Thx
6 Jun 2019, 23:35 PM

I actually really like the new commander. It let's you pump out infantry and pay those MP savings into the supply drop. It's also pretty strong for supplying okw in team games if you chose to do so. With the new quicker pgrens I think it's going to be quite a bit stronger too.
6 Jun 2019, 23:44 PM

You say you use the ability more than one time? I can live with the ability, but it isn't really worth it, next patch will make it more useful, because you don't need T2.

But still, the commander is lacking something.

I think hull-down would improve the commander a lot. Also this ability isn't used that much.

Beside, after community commander lost hull-down for the power of 88, I would like to see an Osttruppen hull-down combo. Overall I would like to see hull-down more often.

Also trenches are more or less useless for German infantry. It is time to make trench and hull-down one ability. Give Osttruppen sand-bags without that ability is needed, so also reserve Osttruppen can build them.

So:
- Make hull-down and trenches one ability

Still, this would only effect 3 commaders.
6 Jun 2019, 23:55 PM

Osttruppen themselves could also use a AT Rifle package amongst other things.

And trenches are useless altogether for everybody in this game if you ask me lol. CoH's Brit's slit trenches and TGW's trenches were so much better.

And their doctrine can just have the trenches bundled up with hull down like the defensive tools of the Defensive Commander as well.

I'd also like to see the supply drop give you a Pak 36 using the M42 model and maybe an MG42, GrW 34 or LeIG, Idk but right now besides for the fuel and ammo and I don't really see much else sense in it and dropping an absurdly heavy AT gun like the Pak 40 is just wrong in my opinion.
7 Jun 2019, 06:37 AM

I made the animation for the drop, first I made a Püppchen and HMG42 to be, Mr. Smith changed it to PaK40 and HMG34, don't ask why. Asymetric desighn wuäh wuäh.

Vickers gets extra range, because it is a building. So, there is one unit.

Back in time you was able to put in mortars, that was a cool thing!

Overall, making hull-down and trench one ability.

This effects 3 commanders, the community commander isn't.
10 Jun 2019, 15:56 PM

Permanently Banned
I actually like the ostruppen commander BEFORE it got changed. I don't like the airdrop change. If I want fuel, I want JUST FUEL GODDAMNIT. The reinforcement time nerf was uncalled for. They already nerfed the initial time it takes to get them on the field. And railway has been useless since forever. It's just an expensive ML20/B4 killer. It's not even worth using on an emplacement due to how cheap they are. I still stand by my opinion pathfinder arty is better than railway in every way. People have used the excuse: yOu nEeD tO gEt tHe pAtHFiNDeRs tO scOuT tHe ArEA tO dRoP THe aRty fLaREs. It's pretty easy to scout the area when your pathfinders have 50+ sight. It's not like railway can be dropped in the fog of war.
10 Jun 2019, 16:18 PM

Since they have the LMG upgrade they also have only one weaponslot. That is also a shame.

With the current stats they should have a weak grenade etc.

And yes, I also liked the old drop.

And yes, Gustiv is shit. It should get way more damage versus tanks. If someone is so stupid and stayes in the attack zone they should get oneshoted.
10 Jun 2019, 16:46 PM

Osttruppen is ROA (RLA - Russian Liberation Army) this can be seen on their emblem on the shoulder.

This commander could be reworked based on their historical features:
- ROA had mixed weapons, they had both German and Soviet weapons, so that instead of MG-42 they could get the DP-27.
- ROA used captured T-34s, could make a call in/veteran T-34.

- ROA had aircraft: fighters and attack aircraft. Instead of railway artillery, it was possible to make one of the many Ju.87 strikes.
10 Jun 2019, 17:22 PM

I love your ideas, had same back in rework time.

There are different unused models for T34, optimal for a German version.

Mr. Smith didn't liked them, I think.
10 Jun 2019, 21:14 PM

"merge" like conscript would be cool.
10 Jun 2019, 22:41 PM

All over all there has to be some changes to make them more attractive.

1. Sandbags + wire should be standard for Osttruppen, not hidden behind a commander ability. (instead it could need first tech).
2. Give them the 2nd weaponslot back.
3. Alternative upgrade, instead of lmg42. (dp27 or lmg34)

That would fix first confusing design, then we could speak about.
4. Maybe a weak grenade
5. Maybe a Panzerbüchse upgrade too.

So also reserve Osttruppen etc. become interesting.

Then it would be fantastic if trench a d hull-down become one commander ability.

For the classic Osttruppen commander I would like to see:
Cp0: Osttruppen
Cp2: Arty officer
Cp5: hull-down + trench
Cp8: muni/fuel drop OR T34 Beutepanzer
Cp12: Gustav (overworked) or StuKa
10 Jun 2019, 22:44 PM

I agree with Ostruppen getting sandbags by default and maybe a different upgrade. Honestly all core infantry should be able to build sandbags by default.

I’d like to see captured weapons as their upgrade. Pay 45 munitions (amount to be adjusted as necessary) to randomly get one allied LMG either a BREN, BAR or a DP-28. These would represent the large number of captured weapons like Chezk ZB-28, Polish BARs and Soviet DP-28s that the Germans gave to their rear echelon units.
10 Jun 2019, 22:53 PM

Can’t seem to get the links for the images to work, but you can google search German captured DP-28, ZB-26 and Browning wz. 1928.
11 Jun 2019, 03:09 AM

Not too sure about giving ostruppen random weapons, since the BAR is quite different, compared to the Bren and DP28, but I think that the idea of giving ostruppen captured weapons is great. PzB could be the mutually exclusive AT option, though I'm not sure if it should be 1 or 2 rifles.
11 Jun 2019, 05:48 AM

u guys want too much thing for a 200MP cheap infantry

ostruppen is just anvil meatshield unit likes conscript

if u want ostruppen buff, cost also should be high

ostruppen is fine now

Don't try to put anything in like an amateur mode

but i think railway artilery is too useless

That skill has to be replaced by another skill

105mm howitzer will be good

also Entrenching Tools can be replaced to Defensive Fortifications

11 Jun 2019, 08:11 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Osttruppen is ROA (RLA - Russian Liberation Army) this can be seen on their emblem on the shoulder.

This commander could be reworked based on their historical features:
- ROA had mixed weapons, they had both German and Soviet weapons, so that instead of MG-42 they could get the DP-27.
- ROA used captured T-34s, could make a call in/veteran T-34.

- ROA had aircraft: fighters and attack aircraft. Instead of railway artillery, it was possible to make one of the many Ju.87 strikes.

Good proposal as concept for rework! +1
11 Jun 2019, 08:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2019, 05:48 AMblancat
u guys want too much thing for a 200MP cheap infantry

ostruppen is just anvil meatshield unit likes conscript

if u want ostruppen buff, cost also should be high

ostruppen is fine now

Don't try to put anything in like an amateur mode

but i think railway artilery is too useless

That skill has to be replaced by another skill

105mm howitzer will be good

also Entrenching Tools can be replaced to Defensive Fortifications

It wouldn't be a real buff. Only removing broken things and making them feel and look more realistic. The only real buff wouöd be too make commander better, like changing Gustav or make trench and hull-down be one ability.

Giving them back 2 weapon slot would allow to simply pic up a Piat etc. and be abple to upgrade the LMG.

To give them non-doc sandbags would allow all other Osttruppen (reserv Osttruppen or the Puma-Commander version) to build sandbags too.

Giving them random LMGs would only look cool. By removeing the droping option you can give them samge DPS, so it becomes fair.
11 Jun 2019, 08:41 AM

I personally would like to keep railwayarty. It could use some buffing. Id say give it either additional shell or 2, turn it i to saturation barrage like 240s or maybe precise strike, in vain od the stuka bomb
11 Jun 2019, 09:00 AM

I personally do not like LMGs on 6 men squad. I would rather see an upgrade cost manpower reducing their target and removing cover mechanism.
11 Jun 2019, 09:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2019, 09:00 AMVipper
I personally do not like LMGs on 6 men squad. I would rather see an upgrade cost manpower reducing their target and removing cover mechanism.

That should be a Vet thing, in my opinion. Osttruppen need so much micro (most micro management ingame) they are the only 6 men crew working with that mechanism.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 634

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment