Login

russian armor

Buff old Osttruppen Commander

11 Jun 2019, 09:35 AM

The ROA 1st Infantry Division also had 10 Hetzer, you can use the already existing Flamethrower Hetzer, but the animation will be a bit clumsy.
11 Jun 2019, 09:37 AM

Relic said, they will not use such stuff for vanilla. Sadly.
11 Jun 2019, 09:38 AM

That should be a Vet thing, in my opinion. Osttruppen need so much micro (most micro management ingame) they are the only 6 men crew working with that mechanism.

I am not sure. Osttruppen are there to give a early advantage, they simply need not to suck in late game.

Such a veterancy bonus might lead to blobbing. I would rather see as T3 or BP3 upgrade so that they simply remain relevant.
11 Jun 2019, 10:23 AM

We could also replace the LMG upgrade with random weapon equipment. So they become looking more mixed equiped.

MP40, PPsh, SVT-40, DP-28, Bren, Sten Mk II

So you can get:

33% 1*DP-28 + 1*MP40 + STV-40
33% 1*Bren + 1*PPsh + 1*Mosin-Nagat
33% 1*LMG34 * 1*MP40 + 1*PPsh

Increasing price to 60mun instead of 45mun.

11 Jun 2019, 10:31 AM

We could also replace the LMG upgrade with random weapon equipment. So they become looking more mixed equiped.

So you can get:

The problem with LMG and 6 men is that the drop off of DPS for losing models can be very low.

Same goes for Thompson and PPsh conscripts.
11 Jun 2019, 10:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2019, 10:31 AMVipper

The problem with LMG and 6 men is that the drop off of DPS for losing models can be very low.

Same goes for Thompson and PPsh conscripts.

Umm, your "problem" with these weapons is "the point" of them.

So you can get:

How a complete cluster fuck of random weapons for completely different distance engagements is going to help anything again?
11 Jun 2019, 10:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2019, 10:34 AMKatitof

How a complete cluster fuck of random weapons for completely different distance engagements is going to help anything again?

No weapon-drop, individual DPS. Helping everything, Osttruppen's K98 have extreme bad damage, every weapon is a buff to them.
11 Jun 2019, 10:49 AM

So you can get:

LMG with SMG?

dont make them trash

there is no reason ostruppen get random weapon
11 Jun 2019, 10:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2019, 10:49 AMblancat

LMG with SMG?

dont make them trash

there is no reason ostruppen get random weapon

Individual DPS. They don't need the currenct stats. It is for the look, like the hole game is unrealistic trash.

It simply looks more realistic if they get mixed equipment, because ROA got that stuff in WW2.

Edit: Like Beute-T34 or Maxims instead of HMG34 etc.
11 Jun 2019, 11:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2019, 10:34 AMKatitof

Umm, your "problem" with these weapons is "the point" of them.

You are entitled to your opinion yet for years Relic allowed restricted used of LMG to 6 men squads. Even when they did allow the DPS of these weapons was lower than LMG-42 so that the DPS drop become more significant.

The only 6 men squad with LMG-42 level mg access are the expensive Paras.

There is very little reason for LMG access to Ostruppen and complicated penalties that come with it.

11 Jun 2019, 14:11 PM

Individual DPS. They don't need the currenct stats. It is for the look, like the hole game is unrealistic trash.

It simply looks more realistic if they get mixed equipment, because ROA got that stuff in WW2.

Realistic is not important

The role in the game and concept is more important

If you feel like they're trash, it's because your strategy is immature

It is a basic strategy that units such as HMG, mortars, and snipers damage enemies while ostruppen is in front of line

ostruppen is designed to anvil meatshield cheap infantry

Thats why conscript will get squad durability upgrade instead Dp-28 in next patch

if u want hammer, u should use lmg42 grens not ostruppen

And If you look at the reality, the USF will have two units in a single production, get air supply drop every five minutes, and a superior air support throughout the game

All of the nonsense skills such as stuka's close air support in 44's will be disappeared

The Panther will have the worst reverse speed and a little movement will cause the engine to die and not move

11 Jun 2019, 14:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2019, 14:11 PMblancat

Realistic is not important

The role in the game and concept is more important

If you feel like they're trash, it's because your strategy is immature

It is a basic strategy that units such as HMG, mortars, and snipers damage enemies while ostruppen is in front of line

ostruppen is designed to anvil meatshield cheap infantry

Thats why conscript will get squad durability upgrade instead Dp-28 in next patch

if u want hammer, u should use lmg42 grens not ostruppen

And If you look at the reality, the USF will have two units in a single production, get air supply drop every five minutes, and a superior air support throughout the game

All of the nonsense skills such as stuka's close air support in 44's will be disappeared

The Panther will have the worst reverse speed and a little movement will cause the engine to die and not move

Yes, then what is the role of the new Soviet Airborne Forces? For conscripts, a ridiculous role was invented, but the role of the Airborne Forces was completely ignored - the actions in the enemy's rear. But they got an IL-2 strafe which would be appropriate for an airborne officer or Headquarters ability.
11 Jun 2019, 14:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2019, 11:11 AMVipper

You are entitled to your opinion yet for years Relic allowed restricted used of LMG to 6 men squads. Even when they did allow the DPS of these weapons was lower than LMG-42 so that the DPS drop become more significant.

What about double Osstruppen with random spawning LMG42 and vet? That was fully intentional on Relic's part as they already have designed commanders with random vet spawning and weapon drop in the past.

If it's just for the look, it's not worth the effort to do so.

No one is gonna put such amount of effort to code and test weapon profiles for a single unit, if it's only an aesthetic change.

You would have to make specific profiles for all those variations and we are not even talking about how oddly SMG and LMG would behave together.

11 Jun 2019, 15:28 PM

What about double Osstruppen with random spawning LMG42 and vet? That was fully intentional on Relic's part as they already have designed commanders with random vet spawning and weapon drop in the past.

It was a band aid fix because the ability was UP. Then they realized the ability become OP when rng favored the player and the unit spawned with LMG and removed it. In the end they created the new weird system limiting slot weapon to 1 and adding a penalty modifier to slot weapon when in cover.

There is little reason for Osttruppen to have complicated stats and LMG-42 access. There is little reason for non elite infatry with 6 entities to have LMG access, there are other better solutions. The DPS drop off for 6 entity squad is simply too low.
11 Jun 2019, 18:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2019, 15:28 PMVipper

It was a band aid fix because the ability was UP. Then they realized the ability become OP when rng favored the player and the unit spawned with LMG and removed it. In the end they created the new weird system limiting slot weapon to 1 and adding a penalty modifier to slot weapon when in cover.

There is little reason for Osttruppen to have complicated stats and LMG-42 access. There is little reason for non elite infatry with 6 entities to have LMG access, there are other better solutions. The DPS drop off for 6 entity squad is simply too low.

I'm not talking about the fix made by the community patches, i'm referring as to how Relic put a conditional RNG wise 6 man LMG42 squad.
And TBH, the difference between 6 moodel squads or 5 model squad is minimal. Relic designed Rifles to be able to double wield 1919 and even worst, RET. If we didn't see as much RET with them, is because they even gave the 1919 a free suppression ability when equipped on Rifles.

Just so we don't go off:

-I agree with the fact that high dps LMG is problematic on high model count.
-I don't necessarily agree that the current "complex" situation is a problem or there been better/easier solutions.
-My initial point was: let's not bring "Relic design" when they have many contradictory decisions done in the past, way before community influence.
11 Jun 2019, 18:34 PM

My minimal wish is:

- give Osttruppen non-doc sandbags and wire with first tech.
- make trench and hull-down be one ability.

The rest is real overwork, this is only a nice buff for Osttruppen as a hole and Osttruppen-Commander, because it gets hull-down.
11 Jun 2019, 19:51 PM

I'm not talking about the fix made by the community patches, i'm referring as to how Relic put a conditional RNG wise 6 man LMG42 squad.
And TBH, the difference between 6 moodel squads or 5 model squad is minimal. Relic designed Rifles to be able to double wield 1919 and even worst, RET. If we didn't see as much RET with them, is because they even gave the 1919 a free suppression ability when equipped on Rifles.

Just so we don't go off:

-I agree with the fact that high dps LMG is problematic on high model count.
-I don't necessarily agree that the current "complex" situation is a problem or there been better/easier solutions.
-My initial point was: let's not bring "Relic design" when they have many contradictory decisions done in the past, way before community influence.

Again the decision for RNG LMG was a band aid and it proved to be a bad decision I am not a liberty to say more.

Since: "you agree with the fact that high dps LMG is problematic on high model count." I have little more to add.
11 Jun 2019, 22:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2019, 19:51 PMVipper

Again the decision for RNG LMG was a band aid and it proved to be a bad decision I am not a liberty to say more.

Since: "you agree with the fact that high dps LMG is problematic on high model count." I have little more to add.

That would need a larger change, not only for Osttruppen. I like the idea behind your critics, maybe someone makes a small mod to show the results.

But, mainly I want to buff Osttruppen. Not primary to make the unit better in fighting. E.g. Osttruppen reserve would be improved a lot if they could build sand-bags and wire.

If Osttruppen get sandbags + wire with first tech, all other commanders with Osttruppen would get a benefit. Simply to make the ability a litte bit more attractive.

Making trench (only in Osttruppen-Commander) and hull-down (only 2 other commanders) one ability, it would be a huge improvement for all these commanders.

Edit: My air-dorp critic is, that it is overpriced for what it can. You only need it one time, giving you 10fuel and a litte bit mun. A PaK40 and a MG34. That for 450mp.

In best situation you have 1 Osttrupp (200 mp) -> you use the ability (450 mp) -> now crew them and fill refresh the Osttrupp and make the weapon-crew be 4 men (8*16 mp = 128mp). That are 778mp needed for one HMG34 and a PaK40.
-> If you build T2 for any reason, you can build a PaK (320 mp) and a better HMG42 (260 mp) for 580 mp. The air-drop gives you a litte bit fuel, lets say ~ the price for T2.

SO, where is the air-drop a benefit?

Simply change it back to old 200mp for fuel or mun, or change it with a Beute-T34 with skirts for 90-100 fuel. So you can scip T3. Mybe build-able in HQ like new Panzer 4.
11 Jun 2019, 23:07 PM

In best situation you have 1 Osttrupp (200 mp) -> you use the ability (450 mp) -> now crew them and fill refresh the Osttrupp and make the weapon-crew be 4 men (8*16 mp = 128mp)....

This another noob trap. There is actually little reason to crew weapon with OStruppen. You get a HMG with a crew the same target as any hmg and Pak with a worse crew.

Pioneer are far better for crewing weapons.
11 Jun 2019, 23:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2019, 23:07 PMVipper

This another noob trap. There is actually little reason to crew weapon with OStruppen. You get a HMG with a crew the same target as any hmg and Pak with a worse crew.

Pioneer are far better for crewing weapons.

Sure they are, but it will make my calculation even more expensive. The air drop will be even worse.

Osttruppen should work different. In cover they should get same target sice as normal units.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★