Login

russian armor

Infrared Half-track replacement OKW

30 May 2019, 11:23 AM

OKW med base has usually merely 1 or 2 viable unit options which are either the Flak Halftrack and LEIG Mortar.

Infrared Halftrack seems a more or less derelict unit since it is not a combat unit. I think it is kind of ridiculous considering that there are better options, even then other factions do not have a unit that does not have a combat role.

I was thinking of a replacement would be nice. Why have a non-combatant unit?
That causes a huge power loss/gap.

Maybe replace it with a scout car or some kind of supportive unit would be balanced.

Usually in 1v1, it is the worst option since there is only 1 or 2 units to choose from. Flak which is decent but Luchs is always more preferable and consistent.

The mortar which is kinda lackluster due to dealing the least damage output of all mortars. I think it has to do with the fact it has less AOE in comparison to other mortars although it is somewhat more accurate.

I feel that med base serves no other proper purpose except healing and forward HQ. Infantry focused.

Everyone knows why Mechanized is the choice for most situations. It has proper AI and AT while med base lacks utterly in both areas especially in terms of unit choices and performance wise.

I think replacing Infrared Halftrack with a unit that has a more useful purpose would be more ideal on a battlefield.

Why not replace it with a Pak40 would be a better resolution.

I mean, how often do you guys use Med base and which units when playing OKW?

For me, certainly not the Flak or Leig and Infrared Halftrack. I go usually Mechanized.
30 May 2019, 12:33 PM

Non-combat doesnt equall useles

By your logic- well, lack of it- we could make maphack legal

How the hell is constantly knowing the exact position of every enemy unit on 80% majority of an average sized map not worth the 200MP and 5 Fuel?

30 May 2019, 12:36 PM

"I don't know how to utilize the unit, therefore the unit is bad" the thread.

Also, flak is more then decent, its a murdermachine but its more micro intensive.
30 May 2019, 14:28 PM

The guys just putting forward a proposal, nothing wrong with that. No need to slate him
30 May 2019, 14:51 PM

Yeah. IR halftrack is nearly useless when OKW has better ways of scouting that aren’t useful as only scouting.

OKW also has no regular halftrack either, so why not replace the IR halftrack with the new 250/1 light halftrack that WM can get? I think it fits in the OKW design and opens up lots of interesting options for medic building first play.
30 May 2019, 15:21 PM

Maybe replace by Ober?And Ober MG34 upgrade need T4 to unlock
30 May 2019, 16:03 PM

Yeah. IR halftrack is nearly useless when OKW has better ways of scouting that aren’t useful as only scouting.

OKW also has no regular halftrack either, so why not replace the IR halftrack with the new 250/1 light halftrack that WM can get? I think it fits in the OKW design and opens up lots of interesting options for medic building first play.

That's what I proposed, put the IR HT in the place of the Artillery Flares in the Special Operations doctrine and put a 250 HT in it's place.
30 May 2019, 16:26 PM

I actually support the idea of replacing it with something else.

But definitely not because I think the IR HT is useless, but because I think it's broken and cheesy even without the gamebreaking bug
30 May 2019, 16:50 PM

Personally I like using the IR half track in team games either 3v3 or 4v4. 1v1 and 2v2 it's a waste of manpower. I think they should add a unit to the medic truck or buff the support gun a bit.
30 May 2019, 17:04 PM

I would be tempted to replace it with a Medic 251 or truck or unit.

A unit that heals but does not reinforce.
30 May 2019, 17:23 PM

I actually support the idea of replacing it with something else.

But definitely not because I think the IR HT is useless, but because I think it's broken and cheesy even without the gamebreaking bug

Same. It's always funny to see how "op" or "up" a unit is based on game mode being played.
30 May 2019, 17:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2019, 17:04 PMVipper
I would be tempted to replace it with a Medic 251 or truck or unit.

A unit that heals but does not reinforce.

While neat, that would overlap a lot with the medic upgrade already on the same building.

But a medic halftrack upgrade for the 250/1 that removes the MG and transportation capability would be interesting.

Actually, just add an upgrade able 250 halftrack that can get one of three upgrades:

An MG that makes it the WH 250/1 halftrack.

A mortar that makes it the WH mortar halftrack.

And a medic upgrade that allows it reinforce and deploys two medics that heals individuals. This would make it not quite as good as the USF ambulance at healing, but more durable encouraging its use farther up the field.
30 May 2019, 18:00 PM

While neat, that would overlap a lot with the medic upgrade already on the same building.

But a medic halftrack upgrade for the 250/1 that removes the MG and transportation capability would be interesting.

Actually, just add an upgrade able 250 halftrack that can get one of three upgrades:

And a medic upgrade that allows it reinforce and deploys two medics that heals individuals. This would make it not quite as good as the USF ambulance at healing, but more durable encouraging its use farther up the field.

I am aware of the overlap but a unit that can heal would reduce the blow of losing a medic truck.

The medic truck if fully upgraded is a very expensive investment and a healing unit could be an interesting alternative.
30 May 2019, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2019, 18:00 PMVipper

I am aware of the overlap but a unit that can heal would reduce the blow of losing a medic truck.

The medic truck if fully upgraded is a very expensive investment and a healing unit could be an interesting alternative.

That’s kinda the point. Risk vs reward.

OKW already has an alternate healing method in the Sturm pioneer medic crates. If you add another healing option it has to be significantly different than both existing options.

Perhaps give the medic halftrack a healing aura instead that is activated on command like the infantry section medic kits.

That way OKW gets:

Aura healing you pay for in the form of Sturm Pio medic crate. Low risk, but costly in munitions over time. Can be used anywhere.

Medic healing you pay for once initially in manpower in the form of the truck medic upgrade. Low micro, less munitions, more costly initially and more costly to replace if you have to and is stationary.

Medic halftrack upgrade that provides aura healing for a short time when activated and bought. Costs some fuel and manpower for the halftrack plus some munitions for the upgrade, but is mobile and different from other OKW healing that is currently in game. Upgrading to the medic halftrack also is an opportunity cost where you cannot get the MG upgrade or mortar carrier upgrade or any other implemented upgrade if you opt for the medical halftrack upgrade.
30 May 2019, 19:38 PM

Useless? Absolutely far from. Med truck has a specific design. That design is being pressure. You have healing/reinforcement on the front, smoke and indirect fire, itel for attacks AND defense and a highly mobile infantry murder machine and Supression combo. What's more is that it's the cheaper of the 2 tech routes allowing for a more rapid schwere. Meaning more rapid Obers and armour and AA area lock down death cannon. It's not a bad tier, it's just riskier than mech who has all the tools to stay in the tier if things go south.

The UHU should however be either a t4 unit or doctrinal if it's to remain.
I would like to see it replace arty flares in spec ops and provide some sort of bonus to STG Obers and the CP and out a tank hunter squad into med.
30 May 2019, 20:48 PM

Maybe can design a Special support 251 Halftrack for OKW,limit 1 but not use population and got deploy ability,when deployed can reinforcement .when T2 unlock medic,this HT got heal aura like USF ambulance.when unlock engineer in T3,deployed add 3 repair engineer.After build T4,this HT can be retreat rally point like major
30 May 2019, 21:01 PM

Maybe can design a Special support 251 Halftrack for OKW,limit 1 but not use population and got deploy ability,when deployed can reinforcement .when T2 unlock medic,this HT got heal aura like USF ambulance.when unlock engineer in T3,deployed add 3 repair engineer.After build T4,this HT can be retreat rally point like major

Sounds complicated in what is already a complicated game.

I think a light halftrack with two or more branching upgrades is an easier thing for players to work with. Kinda like the WM bunkers. Easy choices that are flexible but not obvious and fits a varied playstyle.
31 May 2019, 17:28 PM

Infrared halftrack spotting + leigs, whats wrong with that.

Infrared halftrack is so op, even allies dont even have the same thing.
2 Jun 2019, 06:52 AM

Make UHU doctrinal in spec ops.

Then replace unit with a mortar half-track with flare launcher. Have flares cost muni's to use.
2 Jun 2019, 15:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2019, 06:52 AMNaOCl
Make UHU doctrinal in spec ops.

Then replace unit with a mortar half-track with flare launcher. Have flares cost muni's to use.

I support this idea but, I'd prefer to see the mortar come as an upgrade rather than as the default variant. OKW needs a transport unit.

I don't support the medic upgrade - OKW already has sufficient healing options.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 44
Russian Federation 23
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak