Login

russian armor

Infrared Half-track replacement OKW

2 Jun 2019, 15:45 PM

I support this idea but, I'd prefer to see the mortar come as an upgrade rather than as the default variant. OKW needs a transport unit.

I don't support the medic upgrade - OKW already has sufficient healing options.

Agreed.
2 Jun 2019, 17:27 PM

I support this idea but, I'd prefer to see the mortar come as an upgrade rather than as the default variant. OKW needs a transport unit.

I don't support the medic upgrade - OKW already has sufficient healing options.

OKW does not need a transport unit. Know why? Because sturms stg volks and Obers. Being able to just drop off high DPS units like that with no regard for balancing factors could be catastrophic.

It would be like just shoe horning in an FRP to the Soviet. You can't simply look at what they don't have and disregard what they do to make up for it.
3 Jun 2019, 02:27 AM

Infrared halftrack spotting + leigs, whats wrong with that.

Infrared halftrack is so op, even allies dont even have the same thing.

Axis factions dont get weapons racks, yet that doesn't make them op. Please use some logic instead of plain accusations or opinions.

I agree making IRHT a doc umit for spec-ops and use that unit slot for another unit is the right way. Maybe the 251 with a light AT gun could be used instead, with a performance sub-par of an AEC
3 Jun 2019, 07:55 AM

Axis factions dont get weapons racks, yet that doesn't make them op. Please use some logic instead of plain accusations or opinions.

I agree making IRHT a doc umit for spec-ops and use that unit slot for another unit is the right way. Maybe the 251 with a light AT gun could be used instead, with a performance sub-par of an AEC

Sadly that's impossible model wise right now until Relic renables model editing and importing, other way of doing it is through Widersteit's method which is a huge workaround and means that the vehicle needs to stop and deploy sorta like the flak HT where the new weapon magically spawns out of nowhere.
3 Jun 2019, 17:45 PM

IRHT should be doctrinal. Idk what they should replace it with in BGHQ, but that type of unit should not be stock, period. Unless its re-designed so that the sweeping has a recurring muni cost or something like that.
3 Jun 2019, 18:31 PM

IRHT should be doctrinal. Idk what they should replace it with in BGHQ, but that type of unit should not be stock, period. Unless its re-designed so that the sweeping has a recurring muni cost or something like that.

I would say manpower tank hunter to give mech a bit more infantry focused defensive power and also open up a chance to work on the rak.

Also, I once suggested an old Soviet self repair style muni drain when active

IMO that would have been a more interesting way to rebalance the OKW- have all their powerful abilities and units, but have them inflict a resource strain instead of simply always having them.
3 Jun 2019, 20:39 PM

Replace flares in Special Operations with the IR Halftrack. Still gets scouting, but it’s more interesting and fits with the use of other IR weapons (IR StGs) in the doctrine.

Then add in a 250 half track that can be upgraded to a 250/1 machine gun halftrack for 60 munitions or upgraded to a mortar 250 halftrack for 60 munitions. It’ll help vs static use of the British mortar pit, but not be too strong against most other things, plus it gives OKW a much needed transportation and reinforcement unit. The machine gun variant would also be reminiscent of the old kubelwagon that had suppression.

If you think OKW StH equiped unit’s are too strong in it then just give them a negative accuracy modifier while on the move while inside it.

Obersoldaten with the LMG upgrade in the halftrack? Powerful while stationary allowing it to be used as a quick reaction unit to reinforce or defend a flank, but poor moving accuracy makes it bad at chasing down and wiping out units on retreat.
3 Jun 2019, 20:47 PM

Also, I once suggested an old Soviet self repair style muni drain when active

Yes on the official forums right? I thought it was either you or Lazarus who i was drawing from. I think a flat cost and a set scan duration would be my preferred method tho

Also +1 to your bghq replacement idea. Being honest i thought that the jp4 being there was okay, at most it was just weird. But hardly gamebreaking
4 Jun 2019, 02:30 AM

Sadly that's impossible model wise right now until Relic renables model editing and importing, other way of doing it is through Widersteit's method which is a huge workaround and means that the vehicle needs to stop and deploy sorta like the flak HT where the new weapon magically spawns out of nowhere.

Dang, that sucks. I was thinking that the 251/9 Stummel would actually be the perfect thing to replace the IR HT with. Move the IR HT to spec ops like someone else suggested, and add the Stummel to t1. That would be in line with a lot of the factional rounding out changes. T1 would then also have access to AI and AT but halftrack based instead of light armor based.

Stummel could be a bit like the su-76 in the sense that’s it’s primary purpose was Light AT on a fragile chassis but with some form of supplemental AI as well. It could either have an AI barrage ability, an HE shell toggle, or a lockdown mode that increased its stats somehow (fire rate, aoe or range etc).
4 Jun 2019, 09:56 AM

shit post again

just NO
5 Jun 2019, 10:15 AM

Med base is definitely a good base for infantry pressure as you can place the headquarters forward and resupply.

It is definitely true that Mechanized is used most often due to the fact it is more adaptable and has somewhat stronger alternatives.

Infrared Halt-track is undoubtedly good in team games such as 3v3 and 4v4 but I do not think that reason should be convenient enough just to have that unit in Medbase. Maybe I was thinking like a tech choice similarly to what the Brits have.

Either choose an Inftrared Haltrack or another suggested unit.

Maybe just simply add another different unit in the Med base.

Currently as it stands, 1v1 in my experiences is pretty bad. Going Flak Half Track is unadaptable in many situations especially urban areas and it is vulnerable. Luchs in contrast is more consistent, adaptable and has more health. More incentive to use Luchs.

The LEIG mortar is quite lackluster although it has the range but it means nothing. It is AOE being the worst in comparison to every other faction mortars meaning a less overall damage. The only reason for this mortar is just using the smoke. It would be quite nice to add another ability so that there would be more reason to use it. HE shells for increased AOE or Incendiary rounds. It should get another ability.

Infrared Halt Track in 1v1. Who uses it?

Med Base needs some kind of revamp. Currently 1v1 is most often the worst choice. While Mechanized which has provided me with more results has always been the only best alternative in OKW terms of battle tech choices. I feel that is the only route in order to properly win as OKW.
5 Jun 2019, 20:24 PM

Med base is definitely a good base for infantry pressure as you can place the headquarters forward and resupply.

It is definitely true that Mechanized is used most often due to the fact it is more adaptable and has somewhat stronger alternatives.

Infrared Halt-track is undoubtedly good in team games such as 3v3 and 4v4 but I do not think that reason should be convenient enough just to have that unit in Medbase. Maybe I was thinking like a tech choice similarly to what the Brits have.

Either choose an Inftrared Haltrack or another suggested unit.

Maybe just simply add another different unit in the Med base.

Currently as it stands, 1v1 in my experiences is pretty bad. Going Flak Half Track is unadaptable in many situations especially urban areas and it is vulnerable. Luchs in contrast is more consistent, adaptable and has more health. More incentive to use Luchs.

The LEIG mortar is quite lackluster although it has the range but it means nothing. It is AOE being the worst in comparison to every other faction mortars meaning a less overall damage. The only reason for this mortar is just using the smoke. It would be quite nice to add another ability so that there would be more reason to use it. HE shells for increased AOE or Incendiary rounds. It should get another ability.

Med Base needs some kind of revamp. Currently 1v1 is most often the worst choice. While Mechanized which has provided me with more results has always been the only best alternative in OKW terms of battle tech choices. I feel that is the only route in order to properly win as OKW.

Well, there was Widersteit's AT mode for the LeIG. Aa far as the IR HT goes tho I really like the idea of replacing it with an upgradable 250 HT.
5 Jun 2019, 20:30 PM

snip

so put MG34 in med truck likes USF

people will use med truck to build Mg34 ^^

infrared HT is not using in 1v1, but it is legal map hack OP in team game

take it or leave it
5 Jun 2019, 22:00 PM

Thematically it doesn’t make sense that the OKW, which represents the German forces fighting during the battle of the bulge, has no transport unit. The offensive oriented OKW has no mobile infantry, but the more defensive oriented Wehrmacht has several transport halftracks. Odd.

“Hey Klaus, why are our base building mobile but we have to walk everywhere? Mien feet hurt!”
5 Jun 2019, 22:34 PM

Thematically it doesn’t make sense that the OKW, which represents the German forces fighting during the battle of the bulge, has no transport unit. The offensive oriented OKW has no mobile infantry, but the more defensive oriented Wehrmacht has several transport halftracks. Odd.

“Hey Klaus, why are our base building mobile but we have to walk everywhere? Mien feet hurt!”

"Ja, if I knew how much walking we'd do I would have joined ze Kriegsmarine!"

God I love the funny shit the CoH units said, CoH2 has those rare moments as well but CoH just nailed them.
5 Jun 2019, 22:53 PM

Thematically it doesn't make sense that some of the most used weapons and vehicles in the war are doctrinal (ppshs for example) while small batch units like the centaur and Ostwind are stock units.

OKW with a transport would be messy. People are bitching now about USF's ability to move Cav Rifles around and murder things but let's add that ability to the faction with the most automatic weapons around... Yea. That's balanced. It's bad enough with sturms hopping out behind a shot blocker let alone being delivered behind your MG. Or perhaps mecahanised JLI will be nice and fun. Oooh or good at all ranges falls? Thematic takes a back seat to balance,whats more if you check the sub forum we are in its ACTUALITY the "balance" one, so I'd go out on a limb and say that balance should probably take priority...
5 Jun 2019, 23:11 PM

Thematically it doesn't make sense that some of the most used weapons and vehicles in the war are doctrinal (ppshs for example) while small batch units like the centaur and Ostwind are stock units.

OKW with a transport would be messy. People are bitching now about USF's ability to move Cav Rifles around and murder things but let's add that ability to the faction with the most automatic weapons around... Yea. That's balanced. It's bad enough with sturms hopping out behind a shot blocker let alone being delivered behind your MG. Or perhaps mecahanised JLI will be nice and fun. Oooh or good at all ranges falls? Thematic takes a back seat to balance,whats more if you check the sub forum we are in its ACTUALITY the "balance" one, so I'd go out on a limb and say that balance should probably take priority...

Or you could just make it balanced with careful implementation.

A. Low accuracy while firing on the move so you can’t do drive by attacks.

B. Slow disembarkation speed so you can’t just dump troops out up close instantly.

C. Low rear armor so it’s risky to do close in attacks.

D. Instantly kill the embarked unit if it dies so it’s very powerful, but very risky if you lose it.

E. Relatively high cost so you don’t want to risk losing it by diving.
6 Jun 2019, 02:48 AM

I always imagined OKW as a sort of elite royar german military. Simple inf transport is less than ideal. Also most of the faction units tend to overperform in one aspect and lack in many other, specially cohesion.

An IRHT replacement IMO, could be the MG34 squad. Then move obers to T0 behind 2 placed trucks. Finally on T4, use the remaining slot to add a nondoc ostwind and use the OKW doc ostwind for the IRHT.
o_O :S
Inf transport could be added for the SWS, but those shouldnt allow inf to fight IMO, just saying.
6 Jun 2019, 03:08 AM

Or you could just make it balanced with careful implementation.

A. Low accuracy while firing on the move so you can’t do drive by attacks.

B. Slow disembarkation speed so you can’t just dump troops out up close instantly.

C. Low rear armor so it’s risky to do close in attacks.

D. Instantly kill the embarked unit if it dies so it’s very powerful, but very risky if you lose it.

E. Relatively high cost so you don’t want to risk losing it by diving.

If you are going to make it clumsy, awkward or expensive then, frankly, what's the point? Flavor? We could put something actually useful and possible to balance in its place. Okw has too many high impact infantry squads to add increased mobility to the faction.
10 Jun 2019, 21:45 PM

If you are going to make it clumsy, awkward or expensive then, frankly, what's the point? Flavor? We could put something actually useful and possible to balance in its place. Okw has too many high impact infantry squads to add increased mobility to the faction.

I’m merely trying to point out that there are many ways to balance an open top transport unit given that OKW players start out with Sturm pioneers that can pop in and turn it into a very powerful clown car. Having an infantry transport doesn’t mean they need to be shooting out of it while moving and chasing done squads on retreat. There is still plenty of reasons to use one for flanking or scouting or back capturing.

Example: Sturm Pioneers in a 250 HT with poor moving accuracy can still:

Capture enemy territory.

Flank HMG teams and then stop to engage or disembark to engage.

Move your repair squad to a tank that has a broken engine faster than walking.

Rush an infantry squad and park next to them forcing them to retreat.

Move the squad to the flanks to plant mines in enemy rear areas when the battle is on the other side of the map.

There are lots of reasons why mobility doesn’t have to be over powered, but still useful.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★