Login

russian armor

Weapon upgrades for Conscripts and Grenadiers

12 May 2019, 10:46 AM

The Doctrine for Cons getting PPSH was produced from 1941-1947, only until 1944 they were able to produce in far larger quantities. Types of box magazine had an impact on PPSH41. The more popular magaizine were the stick magazines.

Drum Magazines were not produced until 1944.

Conscripts should get the PPSH 41 with the mass maunufactured stick magainzes requiring them more often to reload in comparison to Shocktroops who got the Drum Mags. It was not until the end of the war that 55% of its army had PPSH. Still, I think it is justified to say Conscripts should get it. Limited to 3 or 4 units the PPSH for 60 or more ammo. Should be worse than the doctrine version. Reload should be more frequent also. Since it would be a stick magazine.

The quality and thickness of the mag contributed to its performance. Stick mag having sometimes experience problems and certain failures. Conscripts should get it but worse than the proper PPSH41 Drum mag. Makes sense.

So yeah, they should get the PPSH by default but maybe a worse version since cheaper mags were easier to build, easier to manufacture and produce in mass quantites would fit the ideal weapon for Conscripts. PPSH with stick mag.

Better Equipment were put into to stock for elite/special forces.

Now German G43

G43 was introduced 1943 which was later than PPSh productions. It was given to grenadiers in service but not as many as intended. Around 30 G43 were introduced per each company, so it would be the similar with the distribution of MG42. Roughly 10 out of 30 were scoped while the 20 were iron sights.

So to introduce upgrade for having G43 upgrade is not a bad idea. The weapon was good quality. Good quality took more time. G43 is exceptional. So it would be nice for grens to have by default another upgrade option, G43.

2 G43 options actually.

1./ 60 ammo for 1 "Scoped G43". Similar to that of JLI but worse. Should be very accurate and take 5-6 sec per shot being always precise dealing 16 damage. Cover will RA is ignored but does not ignore green cover damage reduction. Does not shoot any faster the closer the enemy is. Loses, close and mid advantages

2./ Same as the doctrine. 60 ammo. Excel faster in close and mid ranges for "2 G43 with iron sights". Keeps movement. Improves move accuracy. Loses some long range accuracy but improve close to medium range.

This makes hell a lot of sense. It would be even more ridiculous to give every grenadier G43.

So grenadiers will have overall 3 weapon options. Can only pick 1 of the 3. Grens weapon options are 1./ "Scoped G43 (1 only) 2./ "G43 iron sights" 2 provided 3./ MG42.

This will increase style of play for grens. Varying in diversity and very situational.

SU went for mass quantities, cheaper production and cost efficient.
GER went for quality and quantity.

So this whole idea is indeed flawless. Would not make sense at all replacing MG42 with G43 btw. Did some research.

I suggested also repair package specifically for Conscripts and Panzergrenadiers. Since both factions have repairing and having currently only one option to deal with their problems. Both will have upgrade option called "Support Package". Similar to what they have currently in their doctrines would be great. Should be worse than their current pios and engineers but at least something that would help deal with this issue!

So Conscripts will have 1./ PPSH41 with stick mag upgrade for 3-4 units (weapon model should be worse than the current doctrine version) 2./ Support Package.

I was thinking of revamping "Oraah" a bit. They can help close gaps which we can all say is rather rather highly advantageous. I was thinking giving it also some disadvantage/defect bonuses. Maybe decrease overall efficiency output or increase received accuracy. Maybe both but minor or intermediate effect changes would appeal.!

What do you think!
12 May 2019, 10:51 AM

You aren''t getting stock G43s and cons are getting 7th man.

12 May 2019, 11:28 AM

Agree...Maybe Cons assault pack and Ost Jager Pack should be rework……
Cons assault pack replace 2xDP for Cons replace ppsh
G43 for Grenadier is JLI G43,for Stormtroopers is 4x PG G43,for PG...maybe 1x IRstg44 will very useful
12 May 2019, 18:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2019, 10:51 AMKatitof

You aren''t getting stock G43s and cons are getting 7th man.

I don't like his ideas and he's got some information wrong, but man does it bug me that the army known for their high volume of submachine gun usage tends to sit on the low end of SMG use unless you spam PPSh Cons or Shock Troops.
13 May 2019, 06:41 AM

I don't like his ideas and he's got some information wrong, but man does it bug me that the army known for their high volume of submachine gun usage tends to sit on the low end of SMG use unless you spam PPSh Cons or Shock Troops.

Relic got their Soviet army design right out of Enemy at the Gates.

Be thankful that they gave every comscript a rifle, at least.
13 May 2019, 12:21 PM

Relic got their Soviet army design right out of Enemy at the Gates.

Be thankful that they gave every comscript a rifle, at least.

I think I saw someone suggesting to add models without weapons to Cons squad in order to increase squad durability without increasing DPS.
13 May 2019, 17:50 PM

Yes, the OP of this thread suggested that in another thread.
13 May 2019, 20:18 PM

I would say i liked the idea of giving cons "low quality" PPSh nondoc. They could even replace all the squad mosins.
Does anyone like that too?
13 May 2019, 21:00 PM

I would say i liked the idea of giving cons "low quality" PPSh nondoc. They could even replace all the squad mosins.
Does anyone like that too?

I did mention that. I said give them the version of stick mags since that was more popular than drum mags. Drum Mags did not come until late 1944. They were reserved for special elite forces mostly.

Check in one of my previous comments on this forum, you will see what I proposed for Cons.
13 May 2019, 21:22 PM

I did mention that. I said give them the version of stick mags since that was more popular than drum mags. Drum Mags did not come until late 1944. They were reserved for special elite forces mostly.

Check in one of my previous comments on this forum, you will see what I proposed for Cons.

Where are you getting this information? The PPSh-41 was designed with drum magazines, and only drum magazines. The stick magazines were not designed or produced until 1942 when PPSh production ramped up. For more information on the PPSh check the tagged video below.

13 May 2019, 21:28 PM

In the next game i hope that most of the mainlines have multiple weapon upgrades available every game, that are each specialized/mutually exclusive

In this game, cons 7th man is the last new upgrade that should be introduced. It fits in with their lack of stock weapon upgrade, their intended role, and it has clear restrictions.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 127

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight