Login

russian armor

UKF Healing Section

2 May 2019, 21:34 PM

How is having an ability to wipe my opponents zis and recieve fuel for it bad?

Any other faction you need an AT weapon to destroy such a thing, and it takes longer

Can you actually answer the question or not?

Any squad that is salvaging is weaker under fire, so hardly you can wipe other teamweapons under a contested area.
But caches give a constant supply or resources, no risk involved.

Very rare comment from mr mircomanagement guy

Caches are far better. Period
2 May 2019, 21:40 PM

Maybe we can change aura to select squad ability like Grenadier but still free
2 May 2019, 21:42 PM

Healing isnt supposed to have the same strength and same functionality on all factions. That's as if I would start complaining that soviet healing is trash, because it is for a legit reason.

Brits have very strong healing but they have it on their mainline squad. If you wanna heal a non inf section unit, you constantly must pull an IS off the battlefield. And the british faction still has numerous weak points and limitations in their play style. It's called diverse faction design. IF anything may be changed, it's an increase of the medkit upgrade cost.

That's how it works when you build a low number of Infantry Sections. Several patches ago, it played out exactly as you describe and it counterbalanced the strength of the healing.

But now the UKF meta is four Infantry Sections.

I figure adding a cost on use would make the Assembly healing more attractive, and I think it'd make the Flares/Medkits choice more meaningful too. Strategic diversity is the goal here.
2 May 2019, 21:51 PM

The fact you are hiding is that UKF can heal their troops way cheaper and with more versatility than any other faction (on the field, on the move, at the press of a button, no tech req) is worse, so instead of calling smartass the person who caught you, think if your bias glasses are still put.

This only confirms that healing sections must be changed

Yes, they can.
That still isn't the reason to make their healing drain muni while all other factions have it as passive.
2 May 2019, 22:00 PM

Yes, they can.
That still isn't the reason to make their healing drain muni while all other factions have it as passive.

A muni drain was OP idea. Im okay if IS get heals at base, only the squad thay buys it (it could heal passively too), making it a toggle ability that disables IS from fighting, you name it.

Also UKF fordward assembly base can get medics too, at the expense of loosing the retreating point upgrade, and thats overshadowed by current IS healing.
2 May 2019, 22:11 PM

they gave the FHQ medics upgrade so it's OK. but hey... can we get both Retreat point and medics in the one building?
2 May 2019, 22:20 PM

they gave the FHQ medics upgrade so it's OK. but hey... can we get both Retreat point and medics in the one building?

Currently not.

I think they should be able to though.
2 May 2019, 23:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2019, 22:20 PMLago

Currently not.

why though? you can still reinforce off them with the medics as well as call in the base arty and pick up weapons....
3 May 2019, 01:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2019, 22:20 PMLago

Currently not.

I agree too.
If OKM FHQ SWS can be upgraded for both there is no problem for UKF doing the same. The only point though is that UKF benefits more than OKM because loosing the FHQ doesnt hurt as much. It also encourages more infantry combat witch UKF is good at.
3 May 2019, 08:15 AM

Brits still have to pay more for base healing than Ost or Soviet. They still need to tech up and buy a specific squad for the right to be able to even build it. They still need to spend half an age building the thing keeping that one squad out of combat for a long time.

Their base healing is the worst, their squad healing is the best, and if your opponent buys nothing but medic sections they are losing out on a huge potential source of vision and some mediocre arty potential.

Not a problem, doesn't need 'fixing'. If you want to make it worse, like so many other things with the brits, the rest of their faction design is going to have to be overhualed to compensate.
3 May 2019, 10:24 AM

I agree too.
If OKM FHQ SWS can be upgraded for both there is no problem for UKF doing the same. The only point though is that UKF benefits more than OKM because loosing the FHQ doesnt hurt as much. It also encourages more infantry combat witch UKF is good at.
it's more comparable to Ost than okw since it's not a limited to 1 tech structure. And Ost needs to dump a pile of resources to reinforce and heal and can never get an FRP.
3 May 2019, 10:51 AM

it's more comparable to Ost than okw since it's not a limited to 1 tech structure. And Ost needs to dump a pile of resources to reinforce and heal and can never get an FRP.

Their starting unit and all of their grenadiers can also build the healing bunker in their base, for less manpower and less time spent building.

Gotta tech as brits just to be able to have the right to buy a sapper squad.
3 May 2019, 10:54 AM

Their starting unit and all of their grenadiers can also build the healing bunker in their base, for less manpower and less time spent building.

The Grenadiers OST techs for, you mean?

Because of its low cost and UKF's high starting fuel, T1 is EFA-level cheap to unlock. It's only delayed if you go Grenades and Bolster first.
3 May 2019, 11:02 AM

You have to build a building as Ostheer just to get a mainline infatry.

UKF are hardly weak in 2vs2 games and above.
3 May 2019, 11:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2019, 11:02 AMVipper

You have to build a building as Ostheer just to get a mainline infatry.

UKF are hardly weak in 2vs2 games and above.

So do Soviets, but Ost get a toy which is faust to counter any vehicle play for the start.

Also if placed right it gives you longer area to reinforce from, so it's not without its perks.

3 May 2019, 11:12 AM

If we just point out every difference between factions in some sort of bizarre internet dick measuring contest we'll be here all day.

I figured the healing aura having a cost would inject some diversity into UKF healing and weaken Section Spam. Based on the thread's poll, most others don't think it's a good idea, which is fair enough.

That's all there is to it. There's nothing to be gained by the usual suspects screaming and shouting about how overpowered the red units are.
3 May 2019, 13:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2019, 11:12 AMLago
That's all there is to it. There's nothing to be gained by the usual suspects screaming and shouting about how overpowered the red units are.

Did you mean... RED ARMY UNITS???
*Plays soviet anthem in background :sibHeart:

Haha i was just kidding.

I couldnt agree any more. If i could add something it would be that all changes are usually upsetting, at least at the beginning. And as SCB said, UKF need to tech to get their main healing, but at least teching as UKF is usually cheaper than any other faction.

Tommies heal is beyond ideal, since other factions do not even reach up the same flexibility to heal, not even USF that has ambulance can heal their squads on the move (only hardcore medic micro could do that)
As a defensive faction UKF heals should be valuable, because both quirks, ground holding and healing sinergise very well. Some people might complaint about UKF lacking pushing power, but thats the tradeoff.

Keeping in mind that not every UKF player will be pleased to change the current healing mechanism, i would say that the healing crate system from sturmpios could do just fine for early UKF. If not, then make the healing IS "distributing medpaks" to stand still for the healing duration (and reduce its duration, increase the amout of healing).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★