UKF Healing Section

UKF Section healing from 0 MU to 15 MU?
Option Distribution Votes
14%
86%
Total votes: 21
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
2 May 2019, 20:28 PM

Currently Section Medics are a no-brainer. The usual logic is you put medkits on all your Infantry Sections but one, which gets flares for extra sight. The medkits cost 30 munitions to unlock, and then you have free aura healing wherever that squad goes.

This used to be necessary: it was UKF's only way to heal their squads. Sections used to be expensive troops with poor mobility. Now that Sections are very powerful, might it be time to take another look at this ability?

Making the Infantry Section medical aura cost 15 muni to trigger would bring them in line with medical crates, which cost 15 munitions per heal. It would make the Flares relatively more attractive, creating a better balance between the two options. It would also make Assembly Medics a viable healing option.
2 May 2019, 20:36 PM

Nah, other factions have very powerful, free healing as well, like the ambulance and all the self heal on vetted OKW squads.

On Wehr it costs 15 mun, yes, but there you have it available on every single unit and the heal rate is much faster too.
2 May 2019, 20:41 PM

Nah, other factions have very powerful, free healing as well, like the ambulance and all the self heal on vetted OKW squads.

On Wehr it costs 15 mun, yes, but there you have it available on every single unit and the heal rate is much faster too.

Why people keep using the word 'free' withouth understanding its meaning.
'Free' ambulance costs FU and Manpower. (Both delay USF openings)
'Free' OKW squads heal comes after getting vet (risking and winning combats and surely spent muni of STGs)

At least i dont have to explain 'free' heal from SU or OST...

Better, cheaper heal is for factions heavily reliant on infantry or the opposite (I.e OKM) to balance the power of their infantry

Edit: Since OST is mainly a elite inf defensive faction (it was meant that way at least) heals are expensive, 60 muni bunker or 15 each time per squad. Compared to the single time T0 SU has its clear the intent of each faction. With regards UKF The idea involved is a cheaper heal to strong inf that had no snare, hence they need to endure LVs assaults and provide a frontline for the rest of the troops. Now UKF has snares, tommies are bullying axis inf out of cover even when they have the worst moving acc. The original healing prupose is completely lost. I couldnt agree anymore with OP about changing somehow the UKF healing.
2 May 2019, 20:44 PM

Soviet cries with their 3 whole medics in base...

Also the ambulance costs fuel and is vulnerable to dives, also takes up pop cap.
Also 1 veru combat capable squad being able to heal itself as a reward for doing swimmingly all game =/=1 squad being able to heal an entire army including allies as many times as they please for only 30mu
Also Ost only has 4 man squads aside from ostroppen so being able to keep them topped up on field is plenty acceptable. When casting it also requires the casting ad receiving squads to be stationary.

You are literally defending a combat capable ambulance because other guys can heal less flexibility and at greater costs? Smells a little biased to me
2 May 2019, 20:45 PM

Why people keep using the word 'free' withouth understanding its meaning.
'Free' ambulance costs FU and Manpower. (Both delay USF openings)
'Free' OKW squads heal comes after getting vet (risking and winning combats and surely spent muni of STGs)

At least i dont have to explain 'free' heal from SU or OST...

Better, cheaper heal is for factions heavily reliant on infantry or the opposite (I.e OKM) to balance the power of their infantry

You know exactly how it was meant. Free in terms of being a 1 time purchase, you dont need to spend ressources for every use over and over again.

Think a little before pulling the smartass card
2 May 2019, 20:54 PM

Nah

Brits are already split between having two squads minimum, three squads ideally for sufficient heals, then it locks out your only indirect fire.

Healing your units does not count as a "no brainer" ability.every faction needs it.

Is volk vet a no brainer ability? Surely it's more problematic as it's free and requires no micro

Getting something without specifically paying for it just by using the squad in its intended role (fighting) is quite literally the definition of free.

You know exactly how it was meant. Free in terms of being a 1 time purchase, you dont need to spend ressources for every use over and over again.

Think a little before pulling the smartass card

The fact you are hiding is that UKF can heal their troops way cheaper and with more versatility than any other faction (on the field, on the move, at the press of a button, no tech req) is worse, so instead of calling smartass the person who caught you, think if your bias glasses are still put.

This only confirms that healing sections must be changed
2 May 2019, 20:57 PM

Getting something without paying just by using the squad in its intended role (fighting) is quite literally the definition of free.

Lets see how much vet your volks get napping inside the base...
Of course, now 'free' is a multiprupose word to call BS, how dumb have i been.

Why dont you tell everyone how does OKM get their healing? Maybe the answer for the volks self healing is there.

Edit: Each time you pay for a volks squad and they get wiped, is that loosing a free heal? I mean, you payed for those volks and never could get healed before achieven vet
2 May 2019, 21:02 PM

The fact you are hiding is that UKF can heal their troops way cheaper and with more versatility than any other faction (on the field, on the move, at the press of a button, no tech req)

Vetted Volks can do all that and don't even have to press a button.
Volksgrenadiers confirmed OP Kappa

(also you should probably just stop embarrassing yourself now)
2 May 2019, 21:06 PM

Is volk vet a no brainer ability? Surely it's more problematic as it's free and requires no micro

Volks getting vets without micro.
And the internet awards of the day goes to...
2 May 2019, 21:10 PM

The Ambulance costs 250 MP 10 FU. It's not free, it's the most expensive healing in the game.

OKW passive healing is at Veterancy 4 and therefore only kicks in the late game. If it were a viable source of healing they wouldn't have needed to add Sturmpioneer medical crates.

Infantry Sections pay 30 MU and get a healing aura they can proc whenever, whereever. It's a very powerful ability with few parallels in other factions.

Given the current power of bolstered Infantry Sections, do they really need this level of sustain any more?

Section healing is so good it eclipses the other options within the same faction. If it had a per-use cost, you'd see more Flare Sections and healing assemblies. It'd also weaken the Section Spam strategy a bit, which I don't think is a bad thing.
2 May 2019, 21:12 PM

Nah, other factions have very powerful, free healing as well, like the ambulance and all the self heal on vetted OKW squads

Vet 4 and 5 isnt free, its part of the faction design and is paid for with downsides like no fuel caches.

Its like saying OKW's repair drones should be free because USF has self heal on their tanks.
2 May 2019, 21:16 PM

Vet 4 and 5 isnt free, its part of the faction design and is paid for with downsides like no fuel caches.

Its like saying OKW's repair drones should be free because USF has self heal on their tanks.

Good thing every faction gets scavenge then
2 May 2019, 21:17 PM

UKF can scavenge...
And the second place for the internet awards goes to...
2 May 2019, 21:19 PM

Are you actually comparing the terrible ability that is scavenge to the useful ability that is Cashes?
2 May 2019, 21:23 PM

Healing isnt supposed to have the same strength and same functionality on all factions. That's as if I would start complaining that soviet healing is trash, because it is for a legit reason.

Brits have very strong healing but they have it on their mainline squad. If you wanna heal a non inf section unit, you constantly must pull an IS off the frontline. And the british faction still has numerous weak points and limitations in their play style. It's called diverse faction design. IF anything may be changed, it's an increase of the medkit upgrade cost.

I gave my 2 cents on this topic but that's it. I have better things to do than engaging in these endless BS discussions with certain individuals on this forum
2 May 2019, 21:25 PM

Healing isnt supposed to have the same strength and same functionality on all factions. That's as if I would start complaining that soviet healing is trash, because it is for a legit reason.

Brits have very strong healing but they have it on their mainline squad. If you wanna heal a non inf section unit, you constantly must pull an IS off the battlefield. And the british faction still has numerous weak points and limitations in their play style. It's called diverse faction design. IF anything may be changed, it's an increase of the medkit upgrade cost.

I gave my 2 cents on this topic but that's it. I have better things to do than engaging in these endless BS discussions with certain individuals on this forum

Who actually does move their mainline inf to heal other squads?

*IS retreating to heal sappers in base

Like literally NO ONE.

BS comments are better off this thread, bye bye
2 May 2019, 21:28 PM

Are you actually comparing the terrible ability that is scavenge to the useful ability that is Cashes?

How is having an ability to wipe my opponents zis and recieve fuel for it bad?

Any other faction you need an AT weapon to destroy such a thing, and it takes longer

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★