Login

russian armor

USF Core changes commander Revamp Patch

3 May 2019, 19:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2019, 18:40 PMLago
Not gonna lie, a free smoke barrage on the I&R Pathfinder instead of their current arty would be awesome.

The I&R Pathfinder arty is so good it's pretty much a guaranteed kill on a support weapon, but it's also super expensive in a munitions-hungry commander. Smoke barrages (with a global cooldown) would be useful every game.

Agreed.

Butterfly Bombs already have a similar role to I&R arty, except Butterfly Bombs can't cheese OKW trucks and destroy team weapons.

I'd like free smoke better.
3 May 2019, 19:43 PM

No mean to be mean, Vehicle crews are what makes USF special, if all factions had it, then all factions should have caches, weapon upgrades on the field, multirole bunkers, tanktraps, 0KH mines, smoke pots.
(I know, real warfare uses most of them independently of factions, but this is a game, right?)

Also it will be pretty boring, i mean mirror matches

You guys are ignoring the fact my original suggestion was to balance them around a population cost. This would prevent cheese of going over the 100 popn cap (which is very frequent in games where you conserve units well and float resources) and having consistently lower pop cap than your opponent and getting more mp income. This is not unique faction design, this is unfair. My siggestion was to tie pop cost to vehicle crews. This also wouldn’t harm swiching crews between vehicles, as crew inside the vehicle wouldn’t take up its own pop cost, but the vehicle would. For instance an M3 crew with an M3 pop cost would enter an M20 and the M20 would retain its pop cost. This would be a perfect solution and prevent saving crews to be used as cheap weapons holders and cappers with minimal pop cap effect.

Again, if you think this is not important and doesn’t affect gameplay just give everyone vehicle crews and you’ll see just how potent they are when an okw player in a teamgame drives 6 panthers into you followed by an army of volks.
3 May 2019, 19:45 PM

Give all factions free weapons and grenades.
There's no reason OKW and Ost should get the royal treatment and retain all these freebies.
Give all factions possibility to build flexible bunkers, there's no reason Ost should get the royal treatment.
Give all factions early game reinforcement halftruck, there is no reason ost should get the royal treatment and retain only one.
Give all factions long range 42 sight on engineer units, there is no reason ost should get the royal treatment and retain only one.

(should I keep going, or will you drop fanboying and realize different factions have different things going for them? You want mirror matches, play AoE)

Yeah don’t balance anything, it’s all just unique faction design. Except when usf got 6 man paratroopers which were supposed to bne unique to soviets, but we don’t talk about that. Or when UKF got usf style weapon crates at base. Or when usf got the wehr mortar in T0.
3 May 2019, 20:10 PM

Not gonna lie, a free smoke barrage on the I&R Pathfinder instead of their current arty would be awesome.

The I&R Pathfinder arty is so good it's pretty much a guaranteed kill on a support weapon, but it's also super expensive in a munitions-hungry commander. Smoke barrages (with a global cooldown) would be useful every game.

Make the current arty a vet ability? I really like it as situational as it is and wouldn't want to lose it entirely.
3 May 2019, 20:14 PM

Make the current arty a vet ability? I really like it as situational as it is and wouldn't want to lose it entirely.

You could. That'd stop it being used to delete Ostheer's HMG in the first few minutes too, which is the main complaint about it.
3 May 2019, 20:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yeah don’t balance anything, it’s all just unique faction design. Except when usf got 6 man paratroopers which were supposed to bne unique to soviets, but we don’t talk about that. Or when UKF got usf style weapon crates at base. Or when usf got the wehr mortar in T0.

Your whole rant is mostly just your subjective opinion on how things should be.

Model count on squads is not something unique to a certain faction. We had at release a few months after release 5 men AssG, 4m Partisans and 6m Osstruppen. OH had 3 man support weapons and that got discarded and recently we just drop the whole 2 model snipers as well. Same thing happened to 6man Pack Howie and 120mm mortar.

USF got a mortar, because OH had the MG42 moved to T0 and a boost to their MP, because they couldn't deal with Rifles and original RET (cheap and with un-nerfed Volley fire). Nowadays mortars are not an issue whatsoever.
What about the rework on OKW ? They got an MG34 non doctrinaly and a medium tank instead of the meme Sturmtiger.

Again, if you think this is not important and doesn’t affect gameplay...

It's not an issue because this has been brought again and again and we even had several answers from Relic through the years. Even if in a serious game you can save for some time popcap by having units idle in your base (not as much as we used to with M10 TD meta), USF is also the faction that for some reason provides you units you might not want to through teching and the only one with healing been linked to a popcap resource and the easiest one to kill through a base rush.

I'll put it in bold so you don't think i'm just dissing you. The idea is not bad, but it's not implementable and there plenty of other things that need to be done first before yours could be done.

- Squad withdrawal. No one would want a surviving crew eating so much popcap that you would rather suicide them. Once you made a exchange of crews you would just send them to suicide towards base bunker on the enemy base if possible, in order to not feed vet to the enemy.

- No mod team would waste so much manpower hours by making each vehicle crew has it's own unique crew. Do you realise the effort it would take to code and test for it to be bug free?
There's a reason why all vehicles use the same crew, similar with weapons when possible (generic_mg34_hull.mp). Same reason we cut corners when giving the same weapon profile to some infantry squads (Grens rifles comes to my mind).

3 May 2019, 20:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

About the core changes:

-I giggle a bit about that 2s change on cd.

-The moving accuracy should be applied to all transport vehicles, for consistencies issues if possible.

-Weird it's called core changes when they are all doctrinal but oh well.
3 May 2019, 20:49 PM

no this arty is great especially if u want kill elefant or jagtiger seriously these guys sometimes parks and dont watch then u call this arty gg wp u should try it soo
do not dare touch it
And don't piss me off because its my favorite commander right now
Talk about something else maybe about call in arty on wc51
3 May 2019, 21:02 PM

no this arty is great especially if u want kill elefant or jagtiger seriously these guys sometimes parks and dont watch then u call this arty gg wp u should try it soo
do not dare touch it
And don't piss me off because its my favorite commander right now
Talk about something else maybe about call in arty on wc51

It's killing Elefants?

It should probably be looked at if it's doing that.
3 May 2019, 21:28 PM

I appreciate that you didn’t try to ridicule but you raise good points.

I just want the 100 pop cap enforced. Yesterday we played a 3v3 with my friends on Fields of winnekendonk. Every player in the game accumulated massive resources by the 40min mark, but the usf player was able to make 4 Jacksons on top of his army and vehicles and destroyed all of us with an armoured push. If I was able to do the same, I would have utilized my resources and done something similar, yet only he was afforded the opportunity to do so. In my view this is not unique gameplay, it is an exploit.

This is an issue that I want addressed. Nothing more. I’m not ranting because I somehow hate usf or whatever.
3 May 2019, 21:34 PM

This is an issue that I want addressed.

Tough luck then, because its an intended by developer feature that is not up for discussion.
It is what it is and it stays that way.
3 May 2019, 23:05 PM

The Stuart is a problematic unit?
With it's neutered AI?

No Stuart is probably a bit UP Pathfinder's barrage is too powerful thou.

If what you described was accurate and they are so OP Ost have no counter vs them and Stuart we would see them built every game.

But they're still kind of rare, traditional Pak howi is much more reliable. Noone is going to call in I&R for a smoke barrage, you can just click Pershing doc and have it as a non unit ability.

Btw the cast time if I&R arty is similar to OKW tank arty both are the fastest in the game, is that OP for killing ZiS?

I&R barrage is simply superior, its available earlier, dropa a bit faster from a unit that can be cloaked, has more shells and can cause engine damage. It is also more expensive.

On the other hand I have posted about how OKW barrage is also OP and badly designed imo.
3 May 2019, 23:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2019, 14:50 PMVipper
Pathfinders
Unit with elite weapon should not be available this early.
The I&R barrage is simply to powerful of its time frame, it drops way too fast and it can easily kill Paks creating problems for Ostheer to deal with the Stuart.

Suggestions:
Lower the price of unit at 240 and have them start with Garand and have the carbines scoped carbines be an upgrade.

That would allow easier access to the units without making them spammable while allow USF opening with more units.

Lock I&R behind tech or upgrade toned it down to mortar barrage HE/Smoke barrage and make it cheaper.
The the ability will be easier to use but with proportional impact.

u always make unit inferior, even dont need to change

I doubt you're playing this game especially USF
4 May 2019, 00:08 AM

u always make unit inferior, even dont need to change

I doubt you're playing this game especially USF

I post exactly the same things about all early units including panzergrenadiers.

Factions should be balanced and not have to depend on a couple a OP units to carry them. I have actually posted about making Pathfinder cheaper and able to scale in time.

PLS try keeping personal comment out of the debate (I am do play the game and I do play USF).
4 May 2019, 02:20 AM

=Btw the cast time if I&R arty is similar to OKW tank arty both are the fastest in the game, is that OP for killing ZiS?

Perhaps there is a power differential between a call in arty that arrives at 10 minutes and one that arrives at 1 minute.
4 May 2019, 04:48 AM

Give all factions free weapons and grenades.
There's no reason OKW and Ost should get the royal treatment and retain all these freebies.
Give all factions possibility to build flexible bunkers, there's no reason Ost should get the royal treatment.
Give all factions early game reinforcement halftruck, there is no reason ost should get the royal treatment and retain only one.
Give all factions long range 42 sight on engineer units, there is no reason ost should get the royal treatment and retain only one.

(should I keep going, or will you drop fanboying and realize different factions have different things going for them? You want mirror matches, play AoE)

Somebody pleeeeeeeeease... get this man... an upvote!!!!

PS : Why can't i upvote this? :/
4 May 2019, 04:55 AM

I appreciate that you didn’t try to ridicule but you raise good points.

I just want the 100 pop cap enforced. Yesterday we played a 3v3 with my friends on Fields of winnekendonk. Every player in the game accumulated massive resources by the 40min mark, but the usf player was able to make 4 Jacksons on top of his army and vehicles and destroyed all of us with an armoured push. If I was able to do the same, I would have utilized my resources and done something similar, yet only he was afforded the opportunity to do so. In my view this is not unique gameplay, it is an exploit.

This is an issue that I want addressed. Nothing more. I’m not ranting because I somehow hate usf or whatever.

With the same logic, Ost's bunkers should also get a pop cap, it's not fair to defend a part of the map free of pop cap
4 May 2019, 08:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2019, 21:02 PMLago

It's killing Elefants?

It should probably be looked at if it's doing that.

pathfinder after vet3 can easily approach and drop this arty but it is not issue because its not kill but left elefant with low health bar so u must just cordinate off map with some guy with priests this method is licensed by me.
4 May 2019, 08:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2019, 23:05 PMVipper
I&R barrage is simply superior, its available earlier, dropa a bit faster from a unit that can be cloaked, has more shells and can cause engine damage. It is also more expensive.

On the other hand I have posted about how OKW barrage is also OP and badly designed imo.

It also has a massive cost(140 was it?) meaning if you plan to use it in early game, you better be landing money shots as it'll delay BARs and other utilities by a mile.
4 May 2019, 09:04 AM

It also has a massive cost(140 was it?) meaning if you plan to use it in early game, you better be landing money shots as it'll delay BARs and other utilities by a mile.

Yes it is very expensive.

The problem is that it can be used to take ATG leaving the room open for light vehicles to decimate infatry and HMG.

The ability is simply too powerful and too expensive creating a medium risk high reward situation that can potentially snowball the game.

One could either keep it powerful but delay it (lock behind Major? and have it become cheaper) or allow it exist early but lower damage and MU cost.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★