Option Distribution Votes
34%
34%
16%
16%
Total votes: 32
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
30 Apr 2019, 14:40 PM

This ability is sneaky overpowered. Free recon on every point that you don't even have to do any micro to enable? It's ridiculous, and its also uncounterable. You can't possibly send sweepers to every enemy territory point, and even if you could that would be a ton of micro and 30 munitions.

This is free, brainless, and very valuable. You know exactly what units you'll be facing every time someone tries to re-cap or cut you off. Abilities like this shouldn't exist, period. I'm making another thread about it because it blows my mind that something like this even exists given some of the things that have been nerfed in this games history.
30 Apr 2019, 14:44 PM

I suggest it be replaced by the 251 Owl Infrared Halftrack to limit it's abuse.

It can be replaced by something like the 250 or a regular 251 in it's place in the Med HQ.
30 Apr 2019, 14:51 PM

Give the enemy infantry buckets filled with water. Or supersoakers
30 Apr 2019, 15:47 PM

Tank recon on command tank springs to mind but even that was made your tank a fragile immobile turtle flares are just as bad if not worse as they're free
30 Apr 2019, 15:57 PM

It should be a free territory booby trap ability for Sturms, Volks, Obers and JLI
30 Apr 2019, 17:16 PM

Overwatch flares was always as it is, but now since it gets picked more often, its flares have become overpowered? (Note the irony)
I don't think so.
Flares are not op, jli were. The free recon is a very deceptive description of this ability, like each time allie fanboys say that axis get 'free' stuff. Recon flares takes a commander slot altogether with goliath (I wonder how much till complaints of goliath start to appear). A commander slot that could be easily used on other abilities as well. And it's not free, a territory must be both, captured and triggered mine like.

The only detail that would make sense is to shorten its duration, but flares are just fine.

Leave flares out of l2p issues.
30 Apr 2019, 17:21 PM

Overwatch flares was always as it is, but now since it gets picked more often, its flares have become overpowered? (Note the irony)
I don't think so.
Flares are not op, jli were. The free recon is a very deceptive description of this ability, like each time allie fanboys say that axis get 'free' stuff. Recon flares takes a commander slot altogether with goliath (I wonder how much till complaints of goliath start to appear). A commander slot that could be easily used on other abilities as well. And it's not free, a territory must be both, captured and triggered mine like.

The only detail that would make sense is to shorten its duration, but flares are just fine.

Please teach OP how to l2p? How do you counter free flares every single time you cap

As he says you can't even use minesweepers because it's one squad vs 14 or so points. It provides zero counterplay, at least you could shoot down old free command tank recon or kill the vehicle providing it.

Flares? Nope

I'm not surprised you're here defending a zero skill no brainer ability.
30 Apr 2019, 17:27 PM

If you shoot them with ordinance (at gun, tank, etc.) does it trigger the flares?

I mean, it still gives vision, but at least you can do it from far away and to avoid the stupid red cover they create.

I am against "it's done automatically for you" abilities, so keeping them a free use ability on infantry would be fine IMO.
30 Apr 2019, 17:36 PM

Please teach OP how to l2p? How do you counter free flares every single time you cap

As he says you can't even use minesweepers because it's one squad vs 14 or so points. It provides zero counterplay, at least you could shoot down old free command tank recon...
I'm not surprised you're here defending a zero skill no brainer ability.

The only part you don't understand is the part that hurts of the boomstick is at you. You don't counter play a counter play. Go play magic the gathering if you want that.

Any decap, cap speed ability counters flares and triggering the mine and go back does too.
Minesweeper fact is valid as lateme minimap and voice queues already gives you away when a territory is being capped. An extra flare effect doesn't change much. You don't counter all the flares but the ones you want to take silently

Next time you accuse an ability of braindead check your facts and arguments first. I just schooled you and Panther commander is not even on the scope of the discussion, yet you bring it up always
30 Apr 2019, 18:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't think so.

Power level of passive/intelligence/utility abilities have to be OP in order to compete with more simple things such as damaging offmaps or call in units.

The flares was one of the strongest point of the commander till before the rework.

The most sensible thing they could do is to remove the visual component aspect and leave it as a minimap only information provider. In this way, you could keep it's nature kinda similar without ditching the whole thing. Working similarly as vehicle/infantry detection or tracking. While still being free and passive, it would have a similar value as Soviets Radio intercept.

30 Apr 2019, 18:24 PM

The only part you don't understand is the part that hurts of the boomstick is at you. You don't counter play a counter play. Go play magic the gathering if you want that.

Any decap, cap speed ability counters flares and triggering the mine and go back does too.
Minesweeper fact is valid as lateme minimap and voice queues already gives you away when a territory is being capped. An extra flare effect doesn't change much. You don't counter all the flares but the ones you want to take silently

Next time you accuse an ability of braindead check your facts and arguments first. I just schooled you and Panther commander is not even on the scope of the discussion, yet you bring it up always

Panther commander? I know you're a new player but wow.

I'm talking about old British command recon, it was free like this ability and just as troublesome.
30 Apr 2019, 19:26 PM

The most sensible thing they could do is to remove the visual component aspect and leave it as a minimap only information provider. In this way, you could keep it's nature kinda similar without ditching the whole thing. Working similarly as vehicle/infantry detection or tracking. While still being free and passive, it would have a similar value as Soviets Radio intercept.

Thats a solid good idea.
30 Apr 2019, 20:32 PM

It should be a free territory booby trap ability for Sturms, Volks, Obers and JLI

#MakePanzerEliteGreatAgain

Though I'd agree. It would also give a bonus for teamgames because right now territory captured by friendlies won't get the flares.
30 Apr 2019, 21:39 PM

I don't think so.

I've always said it's OP, instead of trying to discredit me, why don't you focus on the actual topic for once. The only irony here is that one second you say it's fine and it's an L2P issue, the next you're saying someone's idea to change it is good....

You can stop making it personal about me, I specifically left an "other" option so that people could offer alternates or argue that it's fine. I like Elchinos idea as well. The current ability gives you too much for no effort. Free recon on Brit command tank was OP, so is this.

If you actually learn to read you would see that no one was talking about the command panther, they were talking about brit command tank recon
30 Apr 2019, 22:08 PM

This is free, brainless, and very valuable(wasnt it free?). You know exactly what units you'll be facing every time someone tries to re-cap or cut you off. Abilities like this shouldn't exist, period....

Politeness....................0/100
Argumentation.................0/100
Accurate facts................0/100
Changes in the latest patches.0/100
Personal accusation...........0/100
Solutions provided............0/100

Yeah, why would people answer so badly but at the same time nicely to others? Maybe its related with the prupose of the post. I couldnt care anymore.

At least some people do find a way to solve problems instead of putting a lens and make them bigger for no reason.
1 May 2019, 00:35 AM

Something can be free and valuable. If I gave you a brick of gold at no cost to you it wouldn't be worthless....
1 May 2019, 01:01 AM

At least some people do find a way to solve problems instead of putting a lens and make them bigger for no reason.

Stop expecting me to be nice to you when your an ass.I offered 4 choices for a discussion, you told me l2p except you needed 3 paragraphs to say it, then you changed your mind anyway.

I offered multiple solutions, so where you're getting this idea I have no clue.

Something can be free and valuable. If I gave you a brick of gold at no cost to you it wouldn't be worthless....

Hard to believe this concept can be lost on someone
1 May 2019, 01:09 AM

Either quick place + 10 muni cost OR slow place + no muni cost.

Also fix the red cover it creates, the unfitting voice lines it triggers and it pushing squads out of the capping circle. If those can't be fixed, I rather see the flares replaced.
1 May 2019, 01:19 AM

Its offtopic but it would depend of the prupose of the gold brick. As a paperweight it is not worth more than a lead one. But for general pruposes it is.

To OP:
Is a solution to 'rework or remove' just because someone doesnt like it? Think about it.
Maybe i dont like axis at all, but removing the entire faction is pretty dumb.
And this is the internet, people disagree without needing to say why.
1 May 2019, 01:52 AM

To OP:
Is a solution to 'rework or remove' just because someone doesnt like it? Think about it.

It's free recon. That was correctly fixed on the British command tank. It should be nerfed here too. This has nothing to do with anyones likes or dislikes.
Maybe i dont like axis at all, but removing the entire faction is pretty dumb.

Then it's a good thing you're the only one talking about that
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Australia 19
United States 14
Russian Federation 10
Peru 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W