Login

russian armor

Veterancy should be stated in detail

25 Apr 2019, 06:53 AM

Hi guys

We know during in game, we are usually curious as to what bonuses the unit acquires when the person meets a certain veterancy. Often we are only given the description of the bonuses but never do we really know if they either work as intended or perform as much as we had ought it to be.

This can be categorised as a more of wish kind of list thing. I would really appreciate if possible to state the percentage bonus or traits gained in detail rather than a simple plain description. It is kind of annoying when you reach a vet without realising its true potential.

I heard of a download which you can get, descriptions, details and all but is that still reliable, is it outdated?

Maybe it should be a default option in the options menu where you can decide whether or not the player wants to get details and all kinds of information without having to download from an outside source.

Wonder what you guys think?
25 Apr 2019, 07:04 AM

I think there is a mod that changes the description to just percentages.
25 Apr 2019, 07:29 AM

Agreed, it should have been that way from the start.

We shouldn't need to dig around in the game files to find any of a unit's stats, I would go as far as to say. But an in game stat viewer is even less likely.
25 Apr 2019, 07:42 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

In an ideal world, so many things should had been implemented.

Best concept i can think of, is what other games do (in other genre). The current description would stay as is, but with the press of a button, the information displayed would change for a more precise one or displayed somewhere else (like the useless unit description in the middle bar).

The benefit right now of a vague description is that you don't have to spend man hours re-writting it in how many languages the game has, checked, tested, etc.
25 Apr 2019, 07:47 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The benefit right now of a vague description is that you don't have to spend man hours re-writting it in how many languages the game has, checked, tested, etc.

This.

I don't know, how many hours Harold spent when he was creating localization mod, but i am sure it is a lot of hours, and it is only for English version!
25 Apr 2019, 07:51 AM

It might be easier and simpler if there was a cyclopedia that come with the game that draw data from game files.
25 Apr 2019, 09:02 AM

I heard of a download which you can get, descriptions, details and all but is that still reliable, is it outdated?

Yeh, 99% of it is up to date cuz it got last updated in December 2018. It takes 1-2 minutes to install the mod, you just gotta replace 1 file in your coh2 folder

https://www.coh2.org/topic/58241/numeral-veterancy-descriptions-english-localization-mod
25 Apr 2019, 11:39 AM

its more update than the one we have on site :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last Updated: 3-28-17
25 Apr 2019, 22:19 PM

Permanently Banned
Yeah, I wish all the stats were included somewhere in the game. Like in a "help" section.
29 Apr 2019, 20:24 PM

Tightrope has a video that shows you what you're looking for. Can't remember the title, just do a youtube search of it.
6 May 2019, 10:18 AM

Can the devs implement this by default. It would be highly appreciated by everyone, that I am sure of.

I do not want to download something that keeps getting taken away after each update according to the streamers I have seen. Having to put much time and effort into something that may be only a virus.

I think I would wait for something like this to be a default option in game.
6 May 2019, 10:38 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Can the devs implement this by default. It would be highly appreciated by everyone, that I am sure of.

I do not want to download something that keeps getting taken away after each update according to the streamers I have seen. Having to put much time and effort into something that may be only a virus.

I think I would wait for something like this to be a default option in game.

It‘s a lot of works. It‘s not only to change veterancy description, it is also adding new strings, because several units can use the same string for their veterancy. You can check out the list in my signature (lack of text strings), and i am sure it‘s not the full list.
6 May 2019, 11:01 AM

It‘s a lot of works. It‘s not only to change veterancy description, it is also adding new strings, because several units can use the same string for their veterancy. You can check out the list in my signature (lack of text strings), and i am sure it‘s not the full list.

It probably easier to have an in game encyclopedia.
6 May 2019, 11:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2019, 11:01 AMVipper

it's probably easier to at least update the on site veterancy guide :luvCarrot::luvCarrot:
6 May 2019, 12:24 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2019, 11:01 AMVipper

I just mentioned the other side of the work, which need to be done for polished implementation of numerical veterancy description.
IMO encyclopedia(if i correctly imagine what you mean) can‘t be useful during the battle, better to give proper information throw current veterancy UI system.
6 May 2019, 12:27 PM

I think this would be a great important and necessary change for the devs to implement an option to state veterancy accurately and precisely (in numbers %). Its current description is vague and seems according to some units outdated. This is problematic. This can not be ignored. It should be dealt with.

This would be greatly appreciated!
6 May 2019, 12:47 PM
Master Modmaker Badge

I think this would be a great important and necessary change for the devs to implement an option to state veterancy accurately and precisely (in numbers %). Its current description is vague and seems according to some units outdated. This is problematic. This can not be ignored. It should be dealt with.

This would be greatly appreciated!

I would say Relic doesn't plan to add this. Maybe in CoH3, this will be a thing but for now, you will have to use the Numeral Veterancy Descriptions mod to get accurate veterancy stat bonuses.
6 May 2019, 12:59 PM

I just mentioned the other side of the work, which need to be done for polished implementation of numerical veterancy description.
IMO encyclopedia(if i correctly imagine what you mean) can‘t be useful during the battle, better to give proper information throw current veterancy UI system.

Veterancy bonuses are necessary during battle, although one could make it available if there was a need. Once could even have it available in steam since one can open steam during play.
6 May 2019, 13:00 PM

I would say Relic doesn't plan to add this. Maybe in CoH3, this will be a thing but for now, you will have to use the Numeral Veterancy Descriptions mod to get accurate veterancy stat bonuses.

As long as they are making COH3, I am happy. We can live with that. As long COH3 is not Modern Warfare which is something I do not like. Another WW2 game would be great since they area great currently on that area of expertise. Maybe even WW1 would be nice. Another COH3 a fine reason/explanation it is!:crazy:

Though it would be nice still if they decided to do so, add the vet by default for coh2.:romeoMug:
6 May 2019, 15:31 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2019, 12:59 PMVipper

Veterancy bonuses are necessary during battle, although one could make it available if there was a need. Once could even have it available in steam since one can open steam during play.

And what the issue with current system, when you can read the veterancy when choose the unit (except text inside)? Lurking throw steam, especially during the multiplayer battle, not the best option here.

Adding encyclopedia in the main menu can be a good addition for "watch and learn" section. On the other hand, there is extremely small chance for changes like this. Even fixing strings and addings exact veterancy to "stars" on the unit's portrait seems more realistic.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 56
unknown 19
Germany 15
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %