Login

russian armor

Veterancy should be stated in detail

6 May 2019, 15:47 PM

And what the issue with current system, when you can read the veterancy when choose the unit (except text inside)? Lurking throw steam, especially during the multiplayer battle, not the best option here.

Adding encyclopedia in the main menu can be a good addition for "watch and learn" section. On the other hand, there is extremely small chance for changes like this. Even fixing strings and addings exact veterancy to "stars" on the unit's portrait seems more realistic.

I am under the impression that Relic has no provided more detailed info because it greatly increase the work load of patches.

A encyclopedia/library could get stat from units from the files automatically.

I would prefer the in game description to be more accurate but I doubt it will change.
6 May 2019, 20:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2019, 15:47 PMVipper

I am under the impression that Relic has no provided more detailed info because it greatly increase the work load of patches.

A encyclopedia/library could get stat from units from the files automatically.

I would prefer the in game description to be more accurate but I doubt it will change.

It increases localization cost and workload greatly.

Instead of a couple universal localization keys, now you need custom ones for almost every single unit and that adds up.

Then, as you've said, patch changes and instead of value change on the unit, now localization keys need also to be changed, proof read and QA checked.

Now, I personally would prefer either CoH1 PE-like vet or DoW2 raw % increase to offensive and defensive stats.
7 May 2019, 13:49 PM

Pretty sure it never got added to the base version of the game cuz they would literally have to update countless of strings and multiple languages as well, every update. What they could do is only do it for the english version but that would be really unfair for non-english speakers
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 55
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment