Login

russian armor

Possible way to add new units for the devs

23 Apr 2019, 01:26 AM

From what I heard in the Community Commanders Contrst, it IS possible to use models from coh1.

The problem with the coh1 models is the quality.

I have never modded before, so if any modders visit can you tell me If there was a cap to model quality in CoH1 editor, and I heard that tracks weren’t animated in Vcoh. Is this true?

If not, why not just ask the community to mod the unit you want in high quality in the VCoH mod tools and then import it into CoH2?

Again, I have never modded before
23 Apr 2019, 03:45 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The issue isn't that it's impossible for Relic/SEGA to add models. It's that Relic/SEGA doesn't allow us adding models. They took out that functionality from the mod tools years ago, so it's no longer possible for us, the community modders, to add models. And since the work for these patches are handled by the community, community modders have to work within these constraints.
23 Apr 2019, 04:27 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

23 Apr 2019, 07:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2019, 03:45 AMKasarov
The issue isn't that it's impossible for Relic/SEGA to add models. It's that Relic/SEGA doesn't allow us adding models. They took out that functionality from the mod tools years ago, so it's no longer possible for us, the community modders, to add models. And since the work for these patches are handled by the community, community modders have to work within these constraints.

And this is an absolutely stupid and senseless move. CoH1 still alive because it has a huge number of mods, with new factions and expanding opportunities. If CoH2 had the same modding possibilities, over the five years of the game’s existence, a huge amount of content would be created. Which could be taken with the permission of modders for New Commanders or created as needed.
23 Apr 2019, 09:58 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

And this is an absolutely stupid and senseless move. CoH1 still alive because it has a huge number of mods, with new factions and expanding opportunities. If CoH2 had the same modding possibilities, over the five years of the game’s existence, a huge amount of content would be created. Which could be taken with the permission of modders for New Commanders or created as needed.

I don't agree with this approach either, but it is what it is. :(

On the bright side though, the guys at Relic have allowed us community modders to add in UI assets like icons, portraits, and symbols, which is a definite improvement in acceptance compared to what we've had from Relic pre-Andy. So maybe there's still hope for the future of CoH2 modding, just don't hold your breath.
23 Apr 2019, 10:17 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2019, 09:58 AMKasarov

I don't agree with this approach either, but it is what it is. :(

On the bright side though, the guys at Relic have allowed us community modders to add in UI assets like icons, portraits, and symbols, which is a definite improvement in acceptance compared to what we've had from Relic pre-Andy. So maybe there's still hope for the future of CoH2 modding, just don't hold your breath.

This

And even more, sometimes Relic using mechanics from the mods, like it was made with Tank Hunter Ambush Tactics, when hided tanks get bushes around them.
Iirc it was taken from Spearhead or Wikinger mod.
24 Apr 2019, 04:18 AM

I cri
25 Apr 2019, 19:29 PM

Part of the problem is that most of the models are already being used, and the handful that aren't may not be complete. I know there's 2 unused Soviet models, a Red Army Officer, and a Guard without the cape, but I don't know if they are rigged up to be useable.
25 Apr 2019, 20:53 PM

Part of the problem is that most of the models are already being used, and the handful that aren't may not be complete. I know there's 2 unused Soviet models, a Red Army Officer, and a Guard without the cape, but I don't know if they are rigged up to be useable.

There's also an M1919A4 HMG and an M2 60mm mortar models without animations that you spawn in the World Builder.
25 Apr 2019, 22:06 PM
Patrion 26

I've seen some pictures of the COH1 style trenches, do they function well in COH2?
It would be nice to include them in the game somehow, especially if they don't take up so much space.

The trenches from COH1 were so much better imo.
25 Apr 2019, 23:35 PM

I've seen some pictures of the COH1 style trenches, do they function well in COH2?
It would be nice to include them in the game somehow, especially if they don't take up so much space.

The trenches from COH1 were so much better imo.

They're bugged, units inside them can only fire in one direction. So far the only fix is to make the other trench a ghost to allow firing in the other direction but it's more of a workaround rather than a feasible solution to the problem.
26 Apr 2019, 01:16 AM
Patrion 26

They're bugged, units inside them can only fire in one direction. So far the only fix is to make the other trench a ghost to allow firing in the other direction but it's more of a workaround rather than a feasible solution to the problem.

That's a shame.
27 Apr 2019, 04:36 AM

That's a shame.

Yeah I liked the trenches way better in coh1 too. They actually looked like trenches instead of the weird camouflaged bush-holes in 2.
27 Apr 2019, 09:01 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Trenches in vcoh are too strong imo, units barely take any damage.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS