Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht - Strategic Reserves - Feedback

PAGES (13)down
26 Mar 2019, 14:49 PM

ass engies and cav rifles can match pgrens at point blank unupgraded. Pgren CQC is not a big deal.

And which allied stock squad has 60 CQC DPS?
Also, are ass engies or cav rifles 6 man squads with 0.95 rec acc?
Are cav rifles 0 CP?
Have you read patch notes recently?
26 Mar 2019, 15:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 17:59 PMSmartie

Breakthrough Equipment:

- Satchel for Pzgrens should be replaced by a smoke grenade or AT satchel
- Pios should get standard satchel as part of their 30 mun upgrade
PZIV:
-unit should be more expensive, have less armor but have more hit points

- Replacing the PTIV with the JP4
- Sander brought up this idea which seems to be popular.

The balanceTeam idea is to make Breakthrough equipment work like demolishion tool for ostheer. Sound ok but i would suggest try to go in slighly diffrent direction or at least split it into two ways.

Pios should keep their upgrade. They should also gain simple demo to blow up houses etc.

Pgrens already has bundle nade. It fills the role of a small satchel so i would say their "breakthrough
equipment" should focus on better cooperation with assulting tanks. Therefore They should simply get their ability from a german infantry. Smoke nade would be good too if that wouldn't be too much.

About P4J - i really like the unit and the idea. Stronger p4 to match soviet t34/85 and e8s. Don't think it should be replace by jp4 and i would stick with Smarties original concept. I would acually move P4 to T4 becouse it would work better. T3 already has p4 which technicly works the same way. T4 structure has or brummbar (So heavy AI) or panther (heavy AT tool) and nothing in between. Plus JP4 could be too good combo with Ace. Jp4 would kill tankdestroyers and TigerAce would deal with any flanking medium tank.

If radio doesn't work it could be replace by a radio silence. I know people don't use that ability but it's really strong one. It synergies with flanking assualt grens (enemy wouldn't see them on the minimap and tacical map) and match theme of a commander. Axis divisions like Grossdauchland were send to close the gap and they usually striked when allies didn't expect them to be.
26 Mar 2019, 15:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2019, 14:49 PMKatitof

And which allied stock squad has 60 CQC DPS?
Also, are ass engies or cav rifles 6 man squads with 0.95 rec acc?
Are cav rifles 0 CP?
Have you read patch notes recently?

To be honest i would certainly prefer Assgrens that are stronger and would come later (1CP).

But many roads lead to Rome and i dont pretend that my suggestion is the only viable option.
Mod team could also make the 6-men-upgrade earlier available, for example after setting up your t3-buiding.

@Stark:
Thx for your in detail post. I will add some of your feedback to the feedback summary.
Edit: Why not make the better P4 available in T3 AND T4?
26 Mar 2019, 19:17 PM

I agree about keeping the Pz4, disagree about moving it to T4. At that point its main point isn't as valuable because you can get something better for AT or AI performance.

Also agree about Agrens being very underwhelming. Something needs to be done with them to make them more worthwhile, even if that means delaying them to 1 CP.
26 Mar 2019, 20:04 PM

Yea I would keep the P4 with increased cost at T3.
26 Mar 2019, 20:45 PM

Support Armor Corps needs to be more attractive thats why i would give the better P4 to T3 in every case. But why dont give it to t4 too? I mean wehr players could be regarded for further teching in getting an additional unit. I would be a really nice and unique feature.
27 Mar 2019, 14:25 PM

From a design point of view and in my opinion:

Wehrmacht - Strategic Reserves
CP 0 Assault Grenadiers
Mp cost 280
Mp cost 6 men 306+60 munition

Imo all CP 0 call-in infatry should brought inline and become build-able from HQ. One could even have all call in infatry built from HQ and add a small premium cost when they are called in and not built.

Cost
The 5 men Assault Grenadiers cost the same as Assault engineers although they have less utility and require more investment to scale.

The 6 men Assault Grenadiers are simply over priced. With a price of 306mp+60mu plus tech cost requiring BP 2 they are of the most overpriced QCQ unit.

Some of the buff are good but the unit simply lose too much DPS on approach and bleed badly. The changes should focus more on durability than on DPS maybe providing some armor or have a combination of weapon like G43/MP40 allowing the unit to continue to have high DPS when it manages to close in. These can come as upgrades or the unit could require CP 1-3 and be buffed accordingly.

The vet bonus of As. Gren (and other CQC units) could be looked to provide less bleed and less XP to enemies that damage them or some sort of damage reduction.

Actually I would suggest that all CQC units including As.Gren get an ability like Ostheer officer:

"Diversion.
Reduces squad’s incoming received accuracy by 20%. 25 munitions"

CP 0 Radio Intercept
A decent ability

CP 2 Breakthrough Equipment
The ability seem weak and inferior to 5 men pioneer for instance. One can do a number of changes:

Panzergrenadiers can get the same 2 satchels PTRS Penal get.

Pioneer can get the same abilities/bonus without the munition cost only when upgrading with minesweepers.

Pioneers could get the demolition C.E. get.

Another approach would be to give access to the "new" pioneer unit available in the campaign.

About Destroy Cover: The ability is very powerful and the to make things worse it has no cost and very low CD. The CD should be increased and maybe add a cost of 5 mu.

CP 0 Panzer IV H
The unit should have its rear armor increased. The unit also comes with combat blitz instead of blitzkrieg.

The unit in it current implementation is questionable since a vet 2 PzIV has about the same front armor and more rear armor. To make thing even worse the high penetration of allied TDs and some premium medium makes the unit not bringing enough to the table.

I would suggest that the unit is redesigned to provide a superior gun and to be designed after Easy8/Sherman 76mm even if it need to have its price adjusted or require BP3 to be built. That would give the unit a role as a counter to Churchill/KVs and other heavily armored allied vehicles.

CP 15 Tiger Ace
The commander animation seem strange, maybe he should only pop up when turret locked has been selected.

Imo the unit overlap to much with the normal Tiger and I would test a complete redesigning of the ability:

Ability Rename to Panzer Ace:
Moved to CP 7-9 now give access to stug-E limited to 1. Comes with the ability to barrage.

Once a certain vet level has been achieved (CP also?), it can be refitted for a Stug-G come with the ability to lock down increasing rotation and range.

Once it reaches a certain vet level (CP also?), it can refitted for Tiger.

The ability would be unique and progressively more powerful.

Other:
The commander gives access to "superior" infatry, a superior medium and superior Tiger making easier to tech to T3 only and runs the risk of overshadowing other Tiger commanders. Imo such designs should be avoided for commander that should provide either super heavies or premium mediums but not all together.
28 Mar 2019, 21:07 PM

HI Guys,
here are the new patch notes for "Strategic Reserves".

Ostheer

Assault Grenadiers
-Veteran squad leader increases capture and decapture rate by 20%.
-Adds -5% Received Accuracy to the squad.

Tiger Ace
-Now starts at veterancy 1.
28 Mar 2019, 21:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2019, 21:07 PMSmartie

Ostheer

Assault Grenadiers

Pretty much the best buff possible without making them op.
28 Mar 2019, 21:21 PM

Assgrens become marginally better out of the gate, not a bad change, but insufficient. 6 man really adds to their survivability and improves scaling situation. But I am totally not happy about increase in pop.

Sathchel on Pzgrens are arguable, especially when those upgraded with schrecks. Pzschrecks should lock Satchel?

Panzer IV J obliviously better than H, but not sure if this is enough. Maybe some additional ability or something.

Happy about TA, but the cost... It feels a little too much.

Assault Grenadiers
-Adds -5% Received Accuracy to the squad.

That's good.

Tiger Ace
-Now starts at veterancy 1.

I don't really care, but, at least, strange criticism about how TA start with 0 vet should die out. And maybe it will better justify TA cost.
30 Mar 2019, 14:27 PM

Dunno if it's been stated already but in the mod if you play a Doctrine that isn't Strategic Reserves you can still build the OKW PIV. Could very well be just something that happens because of the mod but I figured I would say something regardless.
31 Mar 2019, 10:47 AM

ass gren still not good

how about add MP44 in squad leader upgrade? (2 MP44)

or need some price buff (280->260MP)
31 Mar 2019, 16:14 PM

@mod team: There are plenty of threads about the new commanders and its hard to get an overview.
I will try to summarize and update some feedback here. I hope it helps.

I will neither include the KT-Ace and JP4-PZ$ switch nor the forward supply station idea. Why?
If the mod team would have considered these changes we would have seen one of them in the 2.0 version.

Summary of Feedback: Updated! 31.3.

Assgrens:
- Faster capping is a nice buff but the unit is still too weak to justify the cost, needs further buffs

Breakthrough Equipment:
- Satchel for Pzgrens should be replaced by AT satchel or the Pzgren support Package from "German Infantry"
- Pios should get standard satchel as part of their mine sweeping upgrade

PZIV:
- Wehrmacht players should be regarded for teching: PZIV should be available in T3 AND T4

TigerAce:
- MP cost is too high, should be reduced to 720 MP
After starting with 1 vet, 800 MP seem reasonable

31 Mar 2019, 16:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 16:14 PMSmartie
@mod team: There are plenty of threads about the new commanders and its hard to get an overview.
I will try to summarize and update some feedback here. I hope it helps.

I will neither include the KT-Ace and JP4-PZ$ switch nor the forward supply station idea. Why?
If the mod team would have considered these changes we would have seen one of them in the 2.0 version.

Summary of Feedback: Updated! 31.3.

Assgrens:
- Faster capping is a nice buff but the unit is still too weak to justify the cost, needs further buffs

Breakthrough Equipment:
- Satchel for Pzgrens should be replaced by AT satchel or the Pzgren support Package from "German Infantry"
- Pios should get standard satchel as part of their 30 mun upgrade

PZIV:
- Wehrmacht players should be regarded for teching: PZIV should be available in T3 AND T4

TigerAce:
- MP cost is too high, should be reduced to 720 MP
After starting with 1 vet, 800 MP seem reasonable

Would make a poll about at satchel.

Normal satchel are more reasonable and fitting imho.
Also, panzershreck
31 Mar 2019, 16:22 PM

Would make a poll about at satchel.

Normal satchel are more reasonable and fitting imho.
Also, panzershreck

Could you do a poll? AT satchel should be mutually exclusive with Schreckupgrade.
31 Mar 2019, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 16:22 PMSmartie

Could you do a poll? AT satchel should be mutually exclusive with Schreckupgrade.

Done
31 Mar 2019, 19:33 PM

After some testing, the Assault Grenadiers still aren't good enough. They take too much damage on the way, and then deliver too little damage to make up for it.

They should either be available at a later point and thus more powerful, or should be made to be more similar to Assault Engineers.

31 Mar 2019, 19:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 19:33 PMFarlion
After some testing, the Assault Grenadiers still aren't good enough. They take too much damage on the way, and then deliver too little damage to make up for it.

They should either be available at a later point and thus more powerful, or should be made to be more similar to Assault Engineers.

So... nerf them by removing 6th man upgrade and sprint?
They have pretty much the same scaling and exact same target size, but they can get MORE dps and HIGHER durability thanks to upgrade, they also have EASIER time closing in because of sprint. MP40s were also buffed to match other SMGs profiles.
31 Mar 2019, 20:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 19:33 PMFarlion

They could just be replaced by something like the Urban Assault Panzergrenadiers for example, just a thought.
31 Mar 2019, 20:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 19:42 PMKatitof

So... nerf them by removing 6th man upgrade and sprint?
They have pretty much the same scaling and exact same target size, but they can get MORE dps and HIGHER durability thanks to upgrade, they also have EASIER time closing in because of sprint. MP40s were also buffed to match other SMGs profiles.

If you think they're even remotely on the same level, I welcome you to test the impact AEngs have compared to the one Agrens have. It's a world apart.

They could just be replaced by something like the Urban Assault Panzergrenadiers for example, just a thought.

That would certainly be an interesting idea.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS