Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht - Strategic Reserves - Feedback

PAGES (13)down
31 Mar 2019, 20:50 PM

-Remove aSs-AuLt gReeeeNaDiers, aka a ripoff of grenadiers model for a badly designed squad

-Replace every doctrine having it with Sturmtruppen

-???

-Profit
1 Apr 2019, 03:29 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Please keep your posts in this thread to that of feedback to the proposed commanders per specific thread. Thank you :)
1 Apr 2019, 17:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 20:38 PMFarlion

If you think they're even remotely on the same level, I welcome you to test the impact AEngs have compared to the one Agrens have. It's a world apart.

That would certainly be an interesting idea.

Yeah I mean the commissar from the scrapped Not One Step Back tactics commander was used, why not the Urban Assault Panzergrenadiers and the Forward Supply Station? I think they'll be a perfect fit for this new commander and would provide something entirely new, unique and practical which the Ostheer could use to great effect.

Like I already mentioned the Relay ability can be integrated into the FSS like the OKW Relay ability was integrated in the 223.
2 Apr 2019, 14:01 PM

Can we get new Tiger Ace bulletins if we are ramping this unit?
2 Apr 2019, 15:05 PM

Are the MP40 changes applied to all MP40 users?

Like the Osteehr Pioneers for instance because it did not mention it. I wonder if that was not mentioned because it is not getting the change or is it getting it?
2 Apr 2019, 15:35 PM

Are the MP40 changes applied to all MP40 users?

Like the Osteehr Pioneers for instance because it did not mention it. I wonder if that was not mentioned because it is not getting the change or is it getting it?

Pioneers are using a different version of the MP40:

The weapon changes affect the units that use this weapons:
assault_grenadiers_mp40

basically:
As. Grenadiers
MP-40 V.G.
Ostheer Officer
2 Apr 2019, 18:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2019, 15:35 PMVipper

Pioneers are using a different version of the MP40:

The weapon changes affect the units that use this weapons:
assault_grenadiers_mp40

basically:
As. Grenadiers
MP-40 V.G.
Ostheer Officer

Are there really different versions of MP40? I did know that. Thanks for answering my question. :)

2 Apr 2019, 18:42 PM

Are there really different versions of MP40? I did know that. Thanks for answering my question. :)

The majority of units use different weapons, there are close to 1.000 different weapons in the game (not all of them are used in MP). Some units share the "same" version of a weapon.
2 Apr 2019, 19:18 PM

Praised be Relic Jesus, thank you for the Forward Supply Station.

I need to test this right away.
2 Apr 2019, 19:32 PM

I have to say that swapping radio intercept for the forward supply station is rather a big change, I would say it's a bit strange ability for this commander tbh, don't get me wrong I really like this ability, but I feel like it would fit more in the community defenssive doctrine rather than this.

Right now this commander is pretty much ostheer version of the soviet urban defense: late game powerful tank, ability to swap buildings on your side, and close combat unit. I'm not sure if it was intended?

I also don't know if devs want FHQ to be early-mid game ability like soviet FHQ, or powerful late game ability which allows for fast repairs, because right know it does both while being cheaper than soviet FHQ for some reason.

I think this ability should be changed in some way to fit commanders role more (british FHQ for example, late game FHQ which gives an ability to call in powerful strikes)
2 Apr 2019, 19:43 PM

Version 3.0 changes.
Wehrmacht

Breakthrough Equipment
-Panzergrenadier Satchel Charge removed; replaced by Model 24 Smoke Grenades. Smoke grenade
gain +25% range at veterancy 3 and share a cooldown with Bundle Grenade.
-Satchel Charge added to Pioneer Support Package.

Panzer IV H
-Panzer IV H now available from the HQ; requires either the Support Armor Korp or the Heavy Panzer Korps.

Forward Supply Station
-Replaces Radio Intercept
-Allows conversion of structures for 250 manpower and 30 fuel; adds 6 repair pioneers to converted building and allows infantry to reinforce.
-Requires 1 CP

Great changes to Breakthrough Equipment and P4!
But i dont like Radio go at all. Part of concept was "great recon / intelligence that let you prepare massive counter attacks". Now the doctrine dont have recon at all. Dont say that
Forward Supply Station is not good- IT IS and will be super helpful!!- .. but i should have been part of revamped "Defensive doctrine".

Edit:
Commander looks very polished now, i dont think that any changes are further needed.

2 Apr 2019, 19:57 PM

Great changes to Breakthrough Equipment and P4!
But i dont like Radio go at all. Part of concept was "great recon / intelligence that let you prepare massive counter attacks". Now the doctrine dont have recon at all. Dont say that
Forward Supply Station is not good- IT IS!!- .. but i should have been part of revamped "Defensive doctrine".

Radio Intercept had several issues that couldn't be fixed. No sounds, and it stopped working after a while in some cases.

As for bringing intelligence back into the doctrine I was personally thinking about turning the Forward Supply Station into a "listening post" that will detect enemy units on the minimap and strategic map (like the 223) in an area around it. Then there could be two exclusive upgrade paths:
  • Forward Headquarters - allows reinforcing and a forward retreat point;
  • Forward Supply Station - spawns the six repair pioneers and maybe some other stuff.

However this would take considerable work apparently, so we haven't looked into it further than simply enabling the Forward Supply Station for now.
2 Apr 2019, 19:58 PM

It's really impossible to keep radio intercept? It was the best part of the doctrine, even if it was just text it made a huge difference in the way you played it.

Besides, all the doctrines that have abilities to convert buildings also allow engineer units to build them in case all buildings in the map get destroyed, so the ability does't become useless in the late game, if the FSS is going to remain it still needs that change.
2 Apr 2019, 20:44 PM

Radio Intercept had several issues that couldn't be fixed. No sounds, and it stopped working after a while in some cases.

I fully support the change if Radio have to go because of technical reasons. I dont care about sounds but if it stopped working in some cases... well, thats not good.
2 Apr 2019, 21:21 PM

Here's my feedback from my most recent playthrough with the changes:

I can't say anything else outside of that which has already been said about the Ass Grens, I'll only again mention the option to replace them with the Urban Assault Panzergrenadiers just for the sake of throwing the idea out there.

The Forward Supply Station is a nice addition in my opinion but needs some changes to bring it more in line with the similar to it abilities.

What I suggest is the following: Give it a "radio" upgrade that gives it the Radio Relay ability similar to the OKW 223 upgrade and also another upgrade that gives it the Forward Retreat Point and Repair Pioneers, then the same can be done for the Command Post Bunker so there's no need to make additional upgrades.

Nothing to add for the Panzer IV H/J outside of what has already been said once again, it's just kickass and I really love it.

Just makes me wonder if the OKW is using a different model of the Panther, I know it's stats are different but I mean the actual model of the tank, I think the Ost has the Ausf G.

As far as the Tiger Ace goes, I think it's time to give the idea a rest like they did in CoH, it feels weird just being a "special" Tiger and the KT obviously needs to be looked at so replacing it with that would benefit I think both of the Ost commanders as well as the OKW which is 3 birds with 1 stone.
2 Apr 2019, 21:57 PM

Here's my feedback from my most recent playthrough with the changes:

I can't say anything else outside of that which has already been said about the Ass Grens, I'll only again mention the option to replace them with the Urban Assault Panzergrenadiers just for the sake of throwing the idea out there.

The Forward Supply Station is a nice addition in my opinion but needs some changes to bring it more in line with the similar to it abilities.

What I suggest is the following: Give it a "radio" upgrade that gives it the Radio Relay ability similar to the OKW 223 upgrade and also another upgrade that gives it the Forward Retreat Point and Repair Pioneers, then the same can be done for the Command Post Bunker so there's no need to make additional upgrades.

Nothing to add for the Panzer IV H/J outside of what has already been said once again, it's just kickass and I really love it.

Just makes me wonder if the OKW is using a different model of the Panther, I know it's stats are different but I mean the actual model of the tank, I think the Ost has the Ausf G.

As far as the Tiger Ace goes, I think it's time to give the idea a rest like they did in CoH, it feels weird just being a "special" Tiger and the KT obviously needs to be looked at so replacing it with that would benefit I think both of the Ost commanders as well as the OKW which is 3 birds with 1 stone.

I was going to to write my own post, but this sums it up very well. Agrens drop 1-2 models while charging Conscripts, so you can imagine the results when charging a more potent unit. Either buff them to a point where they have enough firepower to compensate or replace them with Urban PzGrens. Because at present, they remain as unattractive as ever.

Also agree with the Tiger Ace/KT. Beyond being a osnap button in 1v1, there is little appeal in it. Wehrmacht already has plenty of Tiger Is, and for reasons outlined in the above quote, the KT would allow for a number of other issues to be addressed.

2 Apr 2019, 22:13 PM

Some toughts about the changes:

As much as i try to make my peace with the Forward Supply Station, i just cant..

1. The whole theme of this commander is based on strong recon. If "Radio" has to be replaced because of technical issues... please replace it with "Early Warning Flares" (Ammoless recon for ammoless recon) but not with the Forward Supply Station.

2. Forward Supply Station is a unique ability for Wehrmacht. Thats why it should be given to a 2nd tier wehr commander like Festung Support doctrine who would be a lot more attractive with 1 simple change. It fits thematically 10 times better to this doctrine than to "Strategic Reserves".

Just replace "Relief infantry" with the "Forward Supply Station" and you not only have given Wehr players a Forward Supply Station but also 1 more revamped commander.

3. Besides that i really like the doctrine and feel that no other changes are needed.
2 Apr 2019, 22:18 PM

Some toughts about the changes:

As much as i try to make my peace with the Forward Supply Station, i just cant..

1. The whole theme of this commander is based on strong recon. If "Radio" has to be replaced because of technical issues... please replace it with "Early Warning Flares" (Ammoless recon for ammoless recon) but not with the Forward Supply Station.

2. Forward Supply Station is a unique ability for Wehrmacht. Thats why it should be given to a 2nd tier wehr commander like Festung Support doctrine who would be a lot more attractive with 1 simple change. It fits thematically 10 times better to this doctrine than to "Strategic Reserves".

Just replace "Relief infantry" with the "Forward Supply Station" and you not only have given Wehr players a Forward Supply Station but also 1 more revamped commander.

3. Besides that i really like the doctrine and feel that no other changes are needed.

Why not just go the 223 route and have an upgrade for the FSS that gives it the forward retreat point and Radio Relay?

I mean it's what they literally did a couple of months ago, I don't see the problem of integrating it like that here as well.
3 Apr 2019, 02:59 AM

Dangit, I was just getting used to Radio Intercept. Bring it back, & move this forward supply to tech or another commander. It doesn't feel/fit the fire brigade theme, despite being very awesome.

Again, too much in this commander, and it becomes an autopick. I feel like Breakthrough Equipment alone is an awesome perk, and then you still have Ace, P4J, and useful call-in troops. Whew!
3 Apr 2019, 21:01 PM

Permanently Banned
So how's agrens after the latest patch buff? R they still UP?
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 70
unknown 6
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %