Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht - Strategic Reserves - Feedback

PAGES (13)down
25 Mar 2019, 17:01 PM

There's no reason NOT TO change teching to begin with, and multiple threads that were proposing the "early ober jp4" like you said also IN THE VERY SAME POSTSproposed reasonable solutions that will keep tech costs identical while allowing for med hq and repair stations to be built regardless of tech choices (for example the ability to use one ht ability that cost as much as the upgrades and only set up the base for the upgrade, and can eventually become an hq by paying the tier cost).

I also want to ask a question to all those of the "there's medkits so it doesn't matter".
If there's no difference because of medkits and teamgames ost bunker why even oppose such changes to begin with ? Kinda hypocritical, we both know that anyone would rather get med hq than to use caches if he goes for med hq for obvious reasons.

@Jagd Wölfe:
This is a feedback forum for the new Wehrmacht doctrine. OKW discussions should be held in OKW specific threads.

Back to topic:
Would you support to replace the PZIV with the JP4?
25 Mar 2019, 17:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 17:01 PMSmartie

@Jagd Wölfe:
This is a feedback forum for the new Wehrmacht doctrine. OKW discussions should be held in OKW specific threads.

Back to topic:

YES! JP4 will be awesome for Wehrmacht especially since Stug is a bit meh after the nerf.
25 Mar 2019, 17:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 17:01 PMSmartie

@Jagd Wölfe:

Back to topic:

Yes, it makes much more sense.
25 Mar 2019, 17:59 PM

@mod team: There are plenty of threads about the new commanders and its hard to get an overview.
I will try to summarize and update some feedback here. I hope it helps.

Summary of Feedback: Updated! 25.3.

Radio:
- People like the ability and want it to stay but if you have to replace it because of technical reasons pls give a strong recon ability back (Early Warning Flares)

Breakthrough Equipment:

- Satchel for Pzgrens should be replaced by a smoke grenade or AT satchel
- Pios should get standard satchel as part of their 30 mun upgrade

PZIV:
-unit should be more expensive, have less armor but have more hit points

- Replacing the PTIV with the JP4
- Sander brought up this idea which seems to be popular.

TigerAce:
- MP cost is too high, should be reduced to 720 MP
- lower the scatter, unit needs to be more reliable against infantry

Some users suggested a big Tiger shift:
- KT replaces TigerAce in "Strategic Reserves"
- Reworked TigerAce moved to "Grand offensive"

25 Mar 2019, 18:02 PM

Guys, a question:
I want "Radio" to stay in the doctrine but lets say the mod team had to replace it because of technical reasons:
What do you think about giving Wehrmacht the I.R. Halftrack as a replacement?

25 Mar 2019, 18:09 PM

I before going for the JP4 or the hezter I would test a PzIV that similar to the 76mm Sherman.

I am pretty sure it would be useful for the Ostheer vs premium allied armor.
25 Mar 2019, 18:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 17:59 PMSmartie
@mod team: There are plenty of threads about the new commanders and its hard to get an overview.
I will try to summarize and update some feedback here. I hope it helps.

Summary of Feedback: Updated! 25.3.

Radio:
- People like the ability and want it to stay but if you have to replace it because of technical reasons pls give a strong recon ability back (Early Warning Flares)

Breakthrough Equipment:

- Satchel for Pzgrens should be replaced by a smoke grenade or AT satchel
- Pios should get standard satchel as part of their 30 mun upgrade

PZIV:
-unit should be more expensive, have less armor but have higher hit points

- Replacing the PTIV with the JP4
- Sander brought up this idea which seems to be popular.

TigerAce:
- MP cost is too high, should be reduced to 720 MP
- lower the scatter, unit needs to be more reliable against infantry

Some users suggested a big Tiger shift:
- KT replaces TigerAce in "Strategic Reserves"
- Reworked TigerAce moved to "Grand offensive"

Should bring this to the official thread, good job.
25 Mar 2019, 19:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 18:02 PMSmartie

Would rather a benefit that doesn't take pop-cap. Especially since the OKW PZIVs take up an extra two space, and there's a tiger call-in.
25 Mar 2019, 19:38 PM

I'm not sure what the JP4 adds that the Stug isn't capable of. If the point of the OKW PzIV is to allow WM to better compete against T34/85 and 76mm Shermans, then I'd argue the Stug is much better counter than the JP4.

I would also argue the Elite Pz4 is more helpful for wiping infantry which isn't insignificant given how lackluster WM Infantry can be.

If people are unsatisfied with the OKW Pz4, I'd first add something to it and adjust its price to make it more attractive.
25 Mar 2019, 19:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 18:02 PMSmartie

Guys, a question:
I want "Radio" to stay in the doctrine but lets say the mod team had to replace it because of technical reasons:

This doctrine has no offmap ability. I kinda like the idea of Radio, but what about something to call in? Maybe the ability which gives PGs satchels and Pios better repair can be added with vehicle detection for PGs or Grens? The same ability Storm Troopers with Shreck get ;-)

So you get some kind of recon but you still have 1 slot free for some arty or support ability.
25 Mar 2019, 19:59 PM

This doctrine has no offmap ability. I kinda like the idea of Radio, but what about something to call in? Maybe the ability which gives PGs satchels and Pios better repair can be added with vehicle detection for PGs or Grens? The same ability Storm Troopers with Shreck get ;-)

So you get some kind of recon but you still have 1 slot free for some arty or support ability.

I also thought about the non existing off map abilities which are needed in team games. I would say that the infos of radio help your teammate in 2vs2 a lot but the ability is in 3vs3 or 4vs4 not so strong anymore.
If you wanna "free" 1 slot i would suggest to put the P4 into "Breakthrough equiment" - then you could add off-map arty etc.

P.S. 71 posts in this thread and all are constructive. NO Axis/Allies complaints and flame wars. Lets continue our discussion this way!
25 Mar 2019, 22:52 PM

Permanently Banned
Tightrope just tested agrens. They're for the most part still crap. 5man agrens barely beat rifles even with sprint. Even RNG can allow rifles to win, or some other squad pick off the survivors on retreat. The only significant change is the 6man upgrade. The buffs to mp40s were insubstantial.
25 Mar 2019, 22:57 PM

Tightrope just tested agrens. They're for the most part still crap. 5man agrens barely beat rifles even with sprint. Even RNG can allow rifles to win, or some other squad pick off the survivors on retreat. The only significant change is the 6man upgrade. The buffs to mp40s were insubstantial.

beacause rifleman is more expensive than ass gren

maybe give them 2 mp44 upgrade will be helpful
25 Mar 2019, 23:00 PM
25 Mar 2019, 23:02 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 22:57 PMblancat

beacause rifleman is more expensive than ass gren

maybe give them 2 mp44 upgrade will be helpful

They both cost the same.
26 Mar 2019, 13:35 PM

I was lucky enough to find some games over the last days in which i played with and against Assgrens.

My experiences so far:
  • Never skip T1: Allied light vehicles (UC, Soviet scout car, USF jeep) will completely bully you and you cant protect your MG. Skipping T1 = Self suicide

• The 5-men unit is still too weak

• The 6-men unit works and can be good with veterancy.

My suggestion:
  • Increase unit cost to 300
  • Increase cooldown time
  • Let the unit already start with 6 men!

I really think this change would deserve testing - even the 6 men unit is not especially fearsome.

26 Mar 2019, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2019, 13:35 PMSmartie

I was lucky enough to find some games over the last days in which i played with and against Assgrens.

My experiences so far:
  • Never skip T1: Allied light vehicles (UC, Soviet scout car, USF jeep) will completely bully you and you cant protect your MG. Skipping T1 = Self suicide

• The 5-men unit is still too weak

• The 6-men unit works and can be good with veterancy.

My suggestion:
  • Increase unit cost to 300
  • Increase cooldown time
  • Let the unit already start with 6 men!

I really think this change would deserve testing - even the 6 men unit is not especially fearsome.

How is that surprising to you and why it should be like that?

AGs were never, not even for a split second considered mainline replacement or allow any kind of tier skipping. They are supplemental early game shock unit that now can scale beyond mid game with the 6th man upgrade adding both durability and dps.

Answer me this, do you seriously, with a straight face honestly believe that a 60 DPS 6 man unit with below 1 rec acc from first minute is balanced?

You're supposed to get 1 maybe 2 to supplement your opening, not replace how the faction is supposed to operate by steamrolling everything that isn't a light vehicle with them.
26 Mar 2019, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2019, 14:09 PMKatitof

How is that surprising to you and why it should be like that?

AGs were never, not even for a split second considered mainline replacement or allow any kind of tier skipping. They are supplemental early game shock unit that now can scale beyond mid game with the 6th man upgrade adding both durability and dps.

Answer me this, do you seriously, with a straight fact honestly believe that a 60 DPS 6 man unit with below 1 rec acc from first minute is balanced?

You're supposed to get 1 maybe 2 to supplement your opening, not replace how the faction is supposed to operate by steamrolling everything that isn't a light vehicle with them.

Agreed that Assgrens should supplement your opening. They have good synergy with mortars.

But please, please for the sake of an constructive discussion dont pretend that the current 6 men assgrens would "steamroll everything that isn't a light vehicle". Thats complete ridiculous. It just tells me that you havent tested the commander at all.
I had a game in which 2& 4 men assault tommies annihilated my assgrens + pzgrens in an engagement. If you wanna talk about op units Lend Lease Assault is the thread you should post.
26 Mar 2019, 14:23 PM

So go and complain about that in Lend lease assault thread?
Also, these thompsons aren't exactly minute 0 upgrade.

And I'm talking about your own proposal.

Do you REALLY think that squad with PG CQC DPS and better then penal out of the gate durability is in any way, shape or form balanced at 0CP?
26 Mar 2019, 14:32 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2019, 14:23 PMKatitof
So go and complain about that in Lend lease assault thread?
Also, these thompsons aren't exactly minute 0 upgrade.

And I'm talking about your own proposal.

Do you REALLY think that squad with PG CQC DPS and better then penal out of the gate durability is in any way, shape or form balanced at 0CP?

ass engies and cav rifles can match pgrens at point blank unupgraded. Pgren CQC is not a big deal.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS