Login

russian armor

British - Lend Lease Assault - Feedback

PAGES (9)down
21 Mar 2019, 14:14 PM

British - Lend Lease Assault ver 4 (same a 3-2).

CP 0 Assault Sections
Gives Infantry sections the Assault Section Upgrade
Requires Platoon Command Post.
Costs 70 munitions.
Gives the squad 2 Thompson SMGs, Sten Guns (with Assault Engineer Grease Gun stats) No.77 White Phosphorous Grenades, and removes their Out-of-Cover penalties.
Grants an additional -5% Receieved Accuracy.

CP 0 (passive) M5 Half-Tracks (the s is a typo?)
Allows M5s Half-Tracks to be built from the Platoon Command Post; requires AEC or Bofors unlocked or Company Command Post is purchased
Cost 270MP/30FU
Can upgrade with quad for 100 mu.

CP 0 M10
Can be built from the Company Command Post.
cost 300MP/80FU
vet 1 overdrive 10 MU cost
Duration 10 secs

CP 1 81mm Mortar Team
Costs 240 manpower.
Same mortar as the USF 81mm Mortar.

CP 6 Crew Repair
cost 40 Mu

CP 0 M10
Can be built from the Company Command Post.
Same stats as the USF M10.
Flanking speed cost 30 MU
Duration 10 secs
Vet 1 HVAP Shell M93 Shells cost 30 MU
Duration 20 secs

British - Lend Lease Assault ver 1.
21 Mar 2019, 14:16 PM

Allowing assault section as an upgrade can make UKF behave as different faction, imo it would be better is they come as different squad . (could also use polish voice lines)
21 Mar 2019, 16:04 PM

Bundle in the land mattress and it would be a solid commander. But with no commandos, no offmap to deal with trucks and support weapon walls or Churchill I think it will struggle to find use. (Thompson being a upgrade locking out arty upgrade also makes this lack of indirect worse)

Especially Brits that rely on off map arty in most of their doctrines
21 Mar 2019, 16:18 PM

This is the only commander I actually don't like, It doesn't feel right.
Assaults sections feel just like a worse assault grenadier.
Why mortar and Smoke raid Operations in the same commander? UKF already have a lot of smokes, I don't think it needs two more.
M10 without crew repairs is very bad.
Bad synergies, bad design. This commander doesn't have a clear theme.
21 Mar 2019, 16:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 16:18 PMBizrock
This is the only commander I actually don't like, It doesn't feel right.
Assaults sections feel just like a worse assault grenadier.
Why mortar and Smoke raid Operations in the same commander? UKF already have a lot of smokes, I don't think it needs two more.
M10 without crew repairs is very bad.
Bad synergies, bad design. This commander doesn't have a clear theme.

The only thing that the doctrine is missing is flamer upgrade for Sappers IMO. Assault Sections aren´t very good vs garrisons and you will only go for this doctrine if you want to prepare for a lot of garrison or close quarter fighting. On open maps you wouldn´t want to convert Infantry Sections and their long range power.

Also the M3 HT is not really needed. So maybe just remove the M3 and replace it with flamer upgrade for sappers.

The M10 is still good without crews just requires a bit more micro and patience.
21 Mar 2019, 16:26 PM

The only thing that the doctrine is missing is flamer upgrade for Sappers IMO. Assault Sections aren´t very good vs garrisons and you will only go for this doctrine if you want to prepare for a lot of garrison or close quarter fighting. On open maps you wouldn´t want to convert Infantry Sections and their long range power.

Also the M3 HT is not really needed. So maybe just remove the M3 and replace it with flamer upgrade for sappers.

The M10 is still good without crews just requires a bit more micro and patience.

Replacing smoke raid operations with flamer would probably be a better idea. Or one could bundle flamer and assault upgrade into one slot.
21 Mar 2019, 16:30 PM

Replace halftruck with priest! because commander feels empty now. For team play its nothing special.
21 Mar 2019, 16:32 PM

With no arty this is a bit of an odd commander.

I think assault sections should be more similar to assault package for OKW (sappers should be given an option to upgrade flamers as well) to round up an urban assault theme. One big downside is having the choice exclusive with med packs so now you have to juggle the sections a lot to heal.

Mortar and half-track are OK, but you are spending 2 commander slots on things that are standard for other factions.

Smoke raid is a bit strange of a choice since now you have access to mobile mortars with smoke so it feels redundant.

M10 is not bad, although it's not that much cheaper than a Cromwell to justify using it since neither can reliably kill the P4 which is the most trouble to brits anyway. Would rather have M36 to replace the glass cannon - firefly.

As per gameplay feedback I encountered a bug where infantry sections would cost 350mp to make. Haven't tested if this is only a tooltip error.

Overall the commander seems fun to play and hinges on the usefulness of the IS upgrade.
21 Mar 2019, 16:55 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Change:

*Assault sections for Airland Officer with Thompson upgrade

M10 for M5 Stuart Honey ( with cannister shot)
21 Mar 2019, 17:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 16:55 PMnigo
Change:

*Assault sections for Airland Officer with Thompson upgrade

M10 for M5 Stuart Honey ( with cannister shot)

» The Assault Sections are good in my opinion. They've got durability and a nice tradeoff between Healing Sections and Assault Sections.

» Swapping the M10 and the Stuart is swapping something UKF lacks (an affordable medium tank destroyer) for something it already has (a light tank destroyer).

Having the Stuart would be cool, but you'd have to rework it to serve a different role.
21 Mar 2019, 17:08 PM

Whats the point of having a Stuart when you already have AEC? That would be completly uneccessary.
21 Mar 2019, 17:16 PM

The Stuart in my suggestion was tuned to be better vs infantry than the AEC. What the Greyhound is to the USF Stuart, this Stuart is to the AEC.
21 Mar 2019, 17:21 PM

I do wish the Airlanding Officer saw more use. I'd happily trade something for the option to buy one in, tbh. Given the commander HAS a mortar + smoke that the brits usually lack, could always trade it for the Smoke Raid?
21 Mar 2019, 17:42 PM

Whats the point of having a Stuart when you already have AEC? That would be completly uneccessary.

Because, while far from best at it, Stuart can actually kill infantry with its main gun, whilst AEC is just a worse, better armored Puma?
21 Mar 2019, 17:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 17:42 PMKatitof
Because, while far from best at it, Stuart can actually kill infantry with its main gun, whilst AEC is just a worse, better armored Puma?

Because the Stuart is a generalist which is meh at both roles. If you want an AT unit, you get the AEC, which can take on the Puma and has decent damage on its coaxial gun.

If you want an AI light vehicle, you go Artillery and get the Valentine.
21 Mar 2019, 17:51 PM

Assault Section package could be bundled up with the Royal Engineer flamers yes.

Mortar can be dropped from the Weapons HT or something.

If the HT doesn't carry weapons it should drop a med kit like the USF one in my opinion since AS can't upgrade with that stuff.

M10 is good but needs vehicle crew repairs which could replace Raid Operations.

Another idea of a bundle if people want the M5 Stuart for example is bundling it with the M3 or M10. I know Vipper would be opposed because it gives the commander both AI and AT but I'm just giving it as a suggestion.
21 Mar 2019, 17:54 PM

Assault Section package could be bundled up with the Royal Engineer flamers yes.

Mortar can be dropped from the Weapons HT or something.

If the HT doesn't carry weapons it should drop a med kit like the USF one in my opinion since AS can't upgrade with that stuff.

M10 is good but needs vehicle crew repairs which could replace Raid Operations.

Another idea of a bundle if people want the M5 Stuart for example is bundling it with the M3 or M10. I know Vipper would be opposed because it gives the commander both AI and AT but I'm just giving it as a suggestion.

If I recall correctly, Vipper doesn't like having both AT and AI call-ins, because they give you a way to avoid teching entirely.

As a Mechanized-esque built-from-tech bundle it could work.

I don't think you need Royal Engineer Flamers when you've got White Phosphorus grenades to burn out buildings.
21 Mar 2019, 18:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 17:54 PMLago

If I recall correctly, Vipper doesn't like having both AT and AI call-ins, because they give you a way to avoid teching entirely.

As a Mechanized-esque built-from-tech bundle it could work.

I don't think you need Royal Engineer Flamers when you've got White Phosphorus grenades to burn out buildings.

Yeah I'm just saying. In my original Lend-Lease idea for the doctrine which you can see here: https://www.coh2.org/topic/81230/new-commander-concepts

I actually had the M10 and Sherman IV bundled together.

Funny enough I now see that I also mentioned the M3 Scout Car from the Soviets, the M3 Lend-lease supply halftrack with American weapons and the M5 Stuart as well there. I kinda forgot about that.
21 Mar 2019, 18:11 PM

I am under the impression that the Model of Stuart that is in game was not used but the British forces but I have to check.
21 Mar 2019, 18:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 18:11 PMVipper
I am under the impression that the Model of Stuart that is in game was not used but the British forces but I have to check.

Technically speaking I believe that they also preferred to have their M10s equipped with the 17 pounder because of the open top providing more room for the reloading of the gun but yeah...

The Firefly, being as effective as it was, had a slow turret traversal and slow reload speed primarily because the breech was on the side and it was extremely hard to get a shell in, something which the M10 had a pro over.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS