British - Lend Lease Assault - Feedback

PAGES (9)down
27 Mar 2019, 16:21 PM

From a desing point of view and imo:

British - Lend Lease Assault

CP 0 Assault Section upgrade
Requires Platoon Command Post.
Costs 70 munitions.

Imo the ability should not be a available to IS since blobbing SMG/Bren units can prove problematic especially in certain maps and in combination with smoke raid.

In addition the vet 1 sight bonus could allow easy flanks. The combination of WP grenades and heavy gammon bombs/grenades is also OP. It can be used enemy fortification frontally even T4 trucks. The grenades should have shared CD.(heavy gammon should probably be redesigned)

A separate unit with vet bonuses/ abilities designed specifically for the units role would be a better solution and in line with Tank hunter. Unit could be low CP and upgrades lock behind tech. Alliteratively one could try moving it to Ro.E. but that might also prove problematic with the veterancy bonuses.

Another option would be to replace the Enfield with Garands or M1 Carbine making the unit more mid oriented.

CP 0 Achilles I tank destroyer.
300/80.
One could increase the fuel price a bit due to timing.

The M10 comes with flanking speed and does not get the hammer "war speed" bonus. I see little reason the unit to 2 abilities so I would suggest that AP round become the vet 1 ability (limited to 1 similar to TWP) and flank speed the vet 1 ability for the USF version.

The unit might actually be very strong when combined with Churchill or Croc Churchill.

CP 0 (passive)M3 Half-Tracks

200/30
I am not sure why the name has (passive) on it the "Achilles I tank destroyer" does not but i think this should become consistent.

I see little reason to forced to choose between AEC and AA to unlock.

CP 1 81mm Mortar Team
240 MP

CP 3 Smoke Raid Operation
60mu

Other:
The amount of smoke available to this commander is simply too much:
smoke grenades/mortar smoke (all moratr should switch to smoke/HE faster)/raid.

The M3 combined with CQC infatry could also prove problematic even more so "war-speed" bonuses.

Imo one could replace raid with an late game off map and M3 with a "combined arms" type ability (?) or some other lend lease equipment like:
M1 Garand or Carbine
M2HB HMG
M31A1 Scout car
Ambulance
M5A1 "Stuart"
Sherman 75/76/105
M9 bazooka
M9A1 Anti-Tank Rifle Grenade
WC-51
M7B1 Priest

27 Mar 2019, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2019, 16:21 PMVipper

Costs 70 munitions.

Imo the ability should not be a available to IS since blobbing SMG/Bren units can prove problematic especially in certain maps and in combination with smoke raid.

In addition the vet 1 sight bonus could allow easy flanks. The combination of WP grenades and heavy gammon bombs/grenades is also OP. It can be used enemy fortification frontally even T4 trucks. The grenades should have shared CD.(heavy gammon should probably be redesigned)

A separate unit with vet bonuses/ abilities designed specifically for the units role would be a better solution and in line with Tank hunter. Unit could be low CP and upgrades lock behind tech. Alliteratively one could try moving it to Ro.E. but that might also prove problematic with the veterancy bonuses.

Another option would be to replace the Enfield with Garands or M1 Carbine making the unit more mid oriented.

300/80.

The M10 comes with flanking speed and does not get the hammer "war speed" bonus. I see little reason the unit to 2 abilities so I would suggest that AP round become the vet 1 ability (limited to 1 similar to TWP) and flank speed the vet 1 ability for the USF version.

The unit might actually be very strong when combined with Churchill or Croc Churchill.

200/30
I am not sure why the name has (passive) on it the "Achilles I tank destroyer" does not but i think this should become consistent.

CP 1 81mm Mortar Team
240 MP

60mu

Other:

The M3 combined with CQC infatry could also prove problematic even more so "war-speed" bonuses.

Imo one could replace raid with an late game off map and M3 with a "combined arms" type ability (?) or some other lend lease equipment like:
M1 Garand or Carbine
M2HB HMG
M31A1 Scout car
Ambulance
M5A1 "Stuart"
Sherman 75/76/105
M9 bazooka
WC-51
M7B1 Priest

Brits using Garands and M1 Carbines is a thing I've never heard before.
They already have the Vickers which Imo is enough.
Ambulance is not needed if the M3/M5 Halftrack gets med kits similar to the USF one.

Rest seem like interesting units to be honest, I'm eyeing the Priest like a nice alternative but I would prefer if they traded Raid for Crew repairs.
27 Mar 2019, 18:33 PM

Brits using Garands and M1 Carbines is a thing I've never heard before.
They already have the Vickers which Imo is enough.
Ambulance is not needed if the M3/M5 Halftrack gets med kits similar to the USF one.

Rest seem like interesting units to be honest, I'm eyeing the Priest like a nice alternative but I would prefer if they traded Raid for Crew repairs.

Around 25.000 M1 Carbine and 38.000 M1 "Garand" where lend leased to the British empire. Some where used by RAF and Home Guard. They where also used by Commando units. They where also used by free french.

Dropping medikts with halftruck allowing fast heal anywhere on map is not a good idea neither is raid/"warspeed" driveby with SMGs units so I am not a big fun of M3 Half-track.

Ambulance might be a better idea especially for troops without heal kits.
27 Mar 2019, 18:40 PM

Good feedback. Yes, all grenades should share cooldown.

btw. Gammon bomb won't be revamp becouse it's out of scope.

60mu

Other:

M1 Garand or Carbine
M2HB HMG
M31A1 Scout car
Ambulance
M5A1 "Stuart"
Sherman 75/76/105
M9 bazooka
WC-51
M7B1 Priest

Again, agree, too much smoke. Should be replace BUT not with a unit. M3, mortar and M10 that's all units you get from a commander and you want to add 4th unit?

Commander needs more ammo base supportive ability. If not the "assault" theme of a commander i would suggest "Hold the Line" which highly needs a revamp.

Simple "flare" ability from artillery regiment OR recon plane would be enough in my opinion. Brits curently doesn't have many reconnaissance options. It wont make commander in any form overpowered but also it's not gonna be useless ability
27 Mar 2019, 19:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2019, 18:40 PMStark

Good feedback. Yes, all grenades should share cooldown.

btw. Gammon bomb won't be revamp becouse it's out of scope.

Again, agree, too much smoke. Should be replace BUT not with a unit. M3, mortar and M10 that's all units you get from a commander and you want to add 4th unit?

Commander needs more ammo base supportive ability. If not the "assault" theme of a commander i would suggest "Hold the Line" which highly needs a revamp.

Simple "flare" ability from artillery regiment OR recon plane would be enough in my opinion. Brits curently doesn't have many reconnaissance options. It wont make commander in any form overpowered but also it's not gonna be useless ability

Give it a recon loiter, that would be ideal. As you mention they lack any form of accessible air recon. You often just get it through the command vehicles or the commando officer.

Also

Gives the squad 2 Thompson SMGs, Sten Guns (with Assault Engineer Grease Gun stats) No.77 White

I don't agree with this upgrade, 2 Thompsons and then 3 Sten gens? So 5 guys with close quarters guns? This isn't a normal upgrade.

PPSH doesn't give 6 cons 6 PPSH's, the STG44 arent given to 5 Volks, Rangers get 2-3, Paratroopers get 2-3 ?

I don't see why British Tommies, an already very durable, hard to kill squad, with bonuses in cover (and no penalties out of cover). This seems incredibly powerful, why not give them 2-3 thompsons and leave their rifles? That way they aren't brutally devastating at close range?

There's a reason they didn't give the Panzergrenadiers a 5th man with an SMG in the Infantry Doctrine, they just made them run faster! Hah, can you imagine 5 panzergrens ontop of you? Well.. tommies are probably right up there if you give them 5 SMG's in the unit that most Brits build 4 of.
27 Mar 2019, 19:25 PM

The sight range bonus only applies when in cover. Hard to combine that with flanking, I don't think that's going to be problem. Vet bonusses can be changed with weapon upgrades anyway should it be necessary.

I don't think the combination of WP and grenades is OP. Obersoldaten en Falls have had Bundled Grenades and the Frangible since forever. No problems there as using them combined is a munitions sink.

The unit might actually be very strong when combined with Croc Churchill.

I doubt that.
27 Mar 2019, 19:51 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2019, 19:16 PMKharn

I don't see why British Tommies, an already very durable, hard to kill squad, with bonuses in cover (and no penalties out of cover). This seems incredibly powerful, why not give them 2-3 thompsons and leave their rifles? That way they aren't brutally devastating at close range?

There's a reason they didn't give the Panzergrenadiers a 5th man with an SMG in the Infantry Doctrine, they just made them run faster! Hah, can you imagine 5 panzergrens ontop of you? Well.. tommies are probably right up there if you give them 5 SMG's in the unit that most Brits build 4 of.

It's a specialization and role change upgrade that has the opportunity cost of locking out medical kits and flares with a higher munition cost than either. It's a choice and one of the ways for the commander to use ammunition. If their durability or the timing is an issue it can be changed, but they are geared towards dedicated AI work unlike a unit such as Cavalry Riflemen who have AT Satchels to fend off vehicles or PGs who can transition to AT.
27 Mar 2019, 19:57 PM

It's a specialization and role change upgrade that has the opportunity cost of locking out medical kits and flares with a higher munition cost than either. It's a choice and one of the ways for the commander to use ammunition. If their durability or the timing is an issue it can be changed, but they are geared towards dedicated AI work unlike a unit such as Cavalry Riflemen who have AT Satchels to fend off vehicles or PGs who can transition to AT.

Still have access to grenades, phosphorous grenades, satchels though correct? It seems like a very powerful squad if that is the case. Med kits and the arty nade isn't that bad of a thing to lose, you only need 1 of those usually.
27 Mar 2019, 20:10 PM

Costs 70 munitions.

300/80.

200/30

CP 1 81mm Mortar Team
240 MP

60mu

Other:

M1 Garand or Carbine
M2HB HMG
M31A1 Scout car
Ambulance
M5A1 "Stuart"
Sherman 75/76/105
M9 bazooka
WC-51
M7B1 Priest

Priest is the best choice for this commander
27 Mar 2019, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2019, 19:16 PMKharn

I don't agree with this upgrade, 2 Thompsons and then 3 Sten gens? So 5 guys with close quarters guns? This isn't a normal upgrade.

PPSH doesn't give 6 cons 6 PPSH's, the STG44 arent given to 5 Volks, Rangers get 2-3, Paratroopers get 2-3 ?

Rangers and Airbornes get 4 Thompsons as they are elite infantry non elite infatry like CavRifles or those Assault tommies get 2 Thompsons the mix of thompsons non stens would make them quite bad on long or short range.
27 Mar 2019, 20:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2019, 15:35 PMLago

Which inflict DoT. Same mechanic.

Not really, WP doesn't really kill anything, flame does. Only exception is PACK howi WP shells which are the only WP that kills.
27 Mar 2019, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2019, 19:57 PMKharn

Still have access to grenades, phosphorous grenades, satchels though correct? It seems like a very powerful squad if that is the case. Med kits and the arty nade isn't that bad of a thing to lose, you only need 1 of those usually.

If you call the gammon grenade a satchel...
27 Mar 2019, 22:39 PM

The sight range bonus only applies when in cover. Hard to combine that with flanking, I don't think that's going to be problem. Vet bonusses can be changed with weapon upgrades anyway should it be necessary.

It not hard, you stop you check from HMG ,you walk you stop and you repeat. And having a squad with pyrotechnics make even easier.

Vet bonuses and abilities should always help the units in its role, thus the majority of units need a veterancy overhaul.

The current issue with SMGs being an upgrade is that can a whole army of QCQ units that can devastating in some map. Imo is should follow the Tank hunter logic of being a separate unit.

I don't think the combination of WP and grenades is OP. Obersoldaten en Falls have had Bundled Grenades and the Frangible since forever. No problems there as using them combined is a munitions sink.

Bundle grenades do not blow up a bunker or T4 trucks like gammon bombs do. In addition sharing cool-down will bring the IS inline with Mp-40 VG that have a share CD in the smoke grenade and their frag grenade.

I doubt that.

Come to think about it the Centaur/Achilles combo might actually be stronger.

If you call the gammon grenade a satchel...

"Heavy Gammon Bomb
The Gammon Bomb is being brought more in-line with Satchel Charges to make it more accessible while preserving its role of denying area and clearing garrisons.
Cost from 75 to 50
Damage from 200 to 340
AOE distance from 1.5/3/4.5 to 1.25/2.5/3.75"

27 Mar 2019, 23:07 PM

Imo, the only thing the doctrine needs is an artillery strike. I don't think the doctrine needs more anti garrison as mortars do deal a lot of damage to garrisons now and you get the phosphorous grenade too. Don't forget the Assault sections will also get access to gammon bombs as well which are an instant building demolition like satchels so the regiment really doesn't need anything else.

Replacing either smoke raid or the halftrack with an artillery strike, either precision barrage from advanced emplacements, or the HE barrage from tactical support would make this regiment very powerful and make it much more relevant in team games instead of just being a 1v1 commander. Royal engineers 10 inch flame mortars or the 240mm howitzers would also be good though if it needed to be urban based but precision or HE barrage would do much more for the doctrine.

On another note:
"Achilles" referred to all variants of the British acquired M10 not just the 17pdr equipped M10, so it would be nice to see it named "Achilles" in the commander abilities thing and/or the Unit Roster it's self.

"The name "Achilles" was officially a designation applied to both the 3" gun and 17 pounder versions (as Achilles I/II and Achilles Ic/IIc respectively)" -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/17pdr_SP_Achilles
(I know, wiki isn't the best source to quote but I could find others if need be.)
27 Mar 2019, 23:38 PM

On another note:
"Achilles" referred to all variants of the British acquired M10 not just the 17pdr equipped M10, so it would be nice to see it named "Achilles" in the commander abilities thing and/or the Unit Roster it's self.

The name of the ability is :
28 Mar 2019, 00:59 AM

The smoke bomb is WP so I don't think shared cooldown is incredibly important due to the inability to charge through it. I don't think I agree with your assessment of the commander vipper.

IMO it offers a great new alternative to the faction. Soviet can load ppsh cons into a halftrack should the please and it doesn't break the game. However one could experiment with making assault Tommies and the halftrack a package deal like assault guards to free up a slot and reduce the capacity to over use them but outside that idk.
28 Mar 2019, 01:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2019, 23:38 PMVipper

The name of the ability is :

Ah lol, that shows me for not looking at it since release XD
28 Mar 2019, 01:50 AM

The smoke bomb is WP so I don't think shared cooldown is incredibly important due to the inability to charge through it. I don't think I agree with your assessment of the commander vipper.

IMO it offers a great new alternative to the faction. Soviet can load ppsh cons into a halftrack should the please and it doesn't break the game. However one could experiment with making assault Tommies and the halftrack a package deal like assault guards to free up a slot and reduce the capacity to over use them but outside that idk.

I think the assault Tommies should remain a separate package as they are literally the great brawling unit UKF has always needed and you don't want to have to be burning fuel to get them with the halftrack, Commandos have always been a good Brawler but they bleed really badly.

But yeah this commander has the potential to be great and it's nice and fresh for players. I am still concerned about the lack of an artillery call in though.
28 Mar 2019, 01:59 AM

Everyone is droning about Gammon bombs which are an optional and exclusive tech path on the last tier. The one less chosen I might add. If an IS can get within a throwing distance of OKW T4 odds are the structure is going down either way. Gammon bombs come FAR later than satchel or goliaths.
28 Mar 2019, 03:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2019, 01:59 AMPereat
Everyone is droning about Gammon bombs which are an optional and exclusive tech path on the last tier. The one less chosen I might add. If an IS can get within a throwing distance of OKW T4 odds are the structure is going down either way. Gammon bombs come FAR later than satchel or goliaths.

That is a good point actually, the assault sections get phosphorous for the intended reason that they are able to counter garrisoned axis weapon teams. If they are not doing that, they either need to be buffed, or the commander needs an alternative.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS