Login

russian armor

USF Urban Assault -Feedback

PAGES (17)down
21 Mar 2019, 22:12 PM

How does E8 need to be reworked? This unit feels exactly like the OKW p4 and it is on the same price level. And both units are amazing imho.

Btw I was thinking about adding E8 to a commander with such a theme as well when I did the commander proposal but this is risky cuz it may cause way too much overlap with the rifle company. Dont forget that the RE rifle nade package will most likely be copied over to rifle doc to replace the flamer

I personally have no issues with it altho it seems like it's getting outclassed by the 76 because it's in an arguably less popular commander now and probably just needs some fine tuning like I've seen people been asking.
21 Mar 2019, 22:56 PM

If they could make the Calliope anything like the panzerwarfer. This would be the best commander. The only thing the USF really lack is blob control and displacing fortification.
21 Mar 2019, 23:20 PM

Btw do you guys think that the RE rifle nades are serving their anti garrison role well enough?

If not, there is the possibility of changes like setting the nade timer to 0 seconds, the dmg multiplier vs garrisons to something like 2.0 and the multiplier vs non-garrison targets to 0.25 (so there is no abuse)

At least to me yes, they have enough range to throw it behind a sight block and nice damage.
22 Mar 2019, 01:19 AM

Having used the commander now, I can say with the utmost certainty that this commander is, in fact, incredibly useful and yet utterly boring.

Most of it's abilities are great.

'Rifle Grenades' are useful as hell. They let a normally mid-short range engineer unit punch way above it's class and significantly help out it's fellow Rifle squads in the early game, and it's effect on buildings is not one you can ignore. That said, it doesn't really have much to do with 'Urban Assault' as much as say, a flamethrower would. I think this would be better fit as being swapped with the Flamethrower in Rifle Company.

'Dozer Blades' are also useful. They let you take another hit that would otherwise kill you. If you feel like it, they can crush heavy things for you, or make barriers. Perfectly fine. But at the same time, they don't really have much to do with 'Urban Assault' as a concept, and they don't seem to measure up or sync with the other abilities (and that's not getting into the fact that it's only half an ability from another commander...)

'Off-Smoke Map Artillery' is the exact same, but cheaper now. Perfect for saving your ass from anything that might've caught your units with their pants down.

'Rangers' are probably the strongest proponent of 'Urban Assault' in this commander. They're a badass short-range squad that can pack Thompson SMGs and kill anything nearby in short order. And now they're even cheaper. Woo!

The 'Calliope' is better now, but still not amazing, though with a whopping 30 fuel reduction that's perfectly okay with me. I thought this one would be a stretch with the 'Urban Assault' concept, but seeing as it raised images of smashing buildings and Grenadiers with Katyusha rockets for me, I now wholeheartedly approve~

Overall, a mostly good choice of abilities that could give you the edge you need in the right situation. It's just so boring though. There's no theme to it, compared to Airborne with Paratroopers and air dropped weapons, or to Heavy Cavalry and it's Rangers and Pershing tank.
22 Mar 2019, 04:20 AM

if Ranger&Ez8&caliope is too OP, then delete Ranger

put in assault engineer and Ez8

22 Mar 2019, 12:19 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Another commander with Calliope ? Nobody will choose again the USF Tatical Commander after Calliope + Rangers.

And the last one: Looks like this is the last chance to OKW and USF receive a sniper.

So lets change this?

=================

USF - Urban Assault by nigo

* 0 CP - Sniper (use a Pathfinder model with the Assassinate ability from AA) / buildable from T0 or T1.

*Rear Echelon Rifle Grenades

*Forward Observers - +25% sight for Riflemen only when in cover or garrison.

*Rangers

*Sherman 105mm or Sherman Crocodile (if possible to use a Sherman model + Churchill Croco fire animation) - call in

If possible copy and past Sherman Croco from CoH1 - https://companyofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/M4_Crocodile_Sherman

Now we have somekind of real URBAN ASSAULT theme in USF. Snipers is perfect for the urban warfare.
22 Mar 2019, 12:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 12:19 PMnigo

* 0 CP - Sniper (use a Pathfinder model with the Assassinate ability from AA) / buildable from T0 or T1.

*Rangers

*Sherman 105mm or Sherman Crocodile (if possible to use a Sherman model + Churchill Croco fire animation) - call in

If possible copy and past Sherman Croco from CoH1 - https://companyofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/M4_Crocodile_Sherman

Now we have somekind of real URBAN ASSAULT theme in USF. Snipers is perfect for the urban warfare.

Not sure if this is serious or trolling. Snipers dont fit into urban coh2 gameplay. Not only that USF sniper would also be completly OP.
22 Mar 2019, 12:36 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Not sure if this is serious or trolling. Snipers dont fit into urban coh2 gameplay. Not only that USF sniper would also be completly OP.

The THEME fits with snipers. ;)

And like I said, this will be the last chance to give snipers to OKW and USF.
22 Mar 2019, 12:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 12:19 PMnigo
Another commander with Calliope ? Nobody will choose again the USF Tatical Commander after Calliope + Rangers.

And the last one: Looks like this is the last chance to OKW and USF receive a sniper.

So lets change this?

=================

*Rangers

forward observe is useless and dont match with "urban assault"

22 Mar 2019, 12:40 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 12:38 PMblancat

forward observe is useless and dont match with "urban assault"

Rifleman in garrisons fits with the theme. But I agree with the useless part. :D

=================================================

USF - Urban Assault by nigo v.2

*Man to Defenses - From AA campaign. Give bonuses to infantry in green cover/garrisons.

*Rangers

22 Mar 2019, 13:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 12:40 PMnigo

Rifleman in garrisons fits with the theme. But I agree with the useless part. :D

=================================================

USF - Urban Assault by nigo v.2

*Man to Defenses - From AA campaign. Give bonuses to infantry in green cover/garrisons.

*Rangers

A moving Sherman or T34 flamethrower tank is sadly not possible as proved by the All Units Mod.
22 Mar 2019, 13:12 PM

My suggestion for USF abilities would be:

Urban Assault Company
Flamers for R.E. moved to urban defense, maybe WP barrage also. Both abilities are good vs buildings.

An ability increasing modifier vs garrison and increasing modifier when in garrison similar to Nigo suggestion.

These changes could be in a another patch.

Rifle Company
Rifle grenades move to riflemen taking up all weapon slots. The ability will increase the riflemen's utility vs cover/garrison without being spammed. In addition will fit the commander thematically.

Reckon company
I&R Pathfinder removed. Riflemen can now upgrade with "observation kit" as voice line says gaining more LOS a single scoped rifle, the ability to call in light mortar barrage (for 50 mu?), (and possibly the ability to set beacons if paratroopers mechanism remains).

Paratroopers now is modeled after the units that fought in Bastogne and are no longer delivered with parachute but are cheaper can come at CP 2.

Airborne Company
Pak howitzer drop now merged with HMG and ATG or with one or the other opening a slot.
22 Mar 2019, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 13:12 PMVipper
My suggestion for USF abilities would be:

Urban Assault Company
Flamers for R.E. moved to urban defense, maybe WP barrage also. Both abilities are good vs buildings.

An ability increasing modifier vs garrison and increasing modifier when in garrison similar to Nigo suggestion.

These changes could be in a another patch.

Rifle Company
Rifle grenades move to riflemen taking up all weapon slots. The ability will increase the riflemen's utility vs cover/garrison without being spammed. In addition will fit the commander thematically.

Reckon company
I&R Pathfinder removed. Riflemen can now upgrade with "observation kit" as voice line says gaining more LOS a single scoped rifle, the ability to call in light mortar barrage (for 50 mu?), (and possibly the ability to set beacons if paratroopers mechanism remains).

Paratroopers now is modeled after the units that fought in Bastogne and are no longer delivered with parachute but are cheaper can come at CP 2.

i agree rifle company and urban company changes but dont agree recon company change

recon company is fine now

22 Mar 2019, 13:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 13:15 PMblancat

i agree rifle company and urban company changes but dont agree recon company change

vipper is cp0 units hater thats why
22 Mar 2019, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 13:15 PMblancat

The suggested changes in reckon have to with overlap between Reckon and Airborne and the theme. Riflemen could easily take the role of current I&R Pathfinders.

The is little to justify that para drops in the theme.
22 Mar 2019, 13:45 PM

I would prefer flame throwers on RE than Rifle nades.
22 Mar 2019, 13:48 PM

I would prefer flame throwers on RE than Rifle nades.
maybe exchange the rifle nade with rifle man company for flame thrower
23 Mar 2019, 00:33 AM

Dozer Blades really doesn't seem worth a single ability spot per se.

Rifle grenade upgrade seems rather lackluster, would have rather made

Heavy Equipment

Unlocks m1918 Browning mg
Rifleman can use rifle grenades (similar to ost grens)

More defensive oriented and synergize with rangers.
23 Mar 2019, 01:06 AM

My suggestion

assault engineer - he need more commander and very good at "urban assault"

RE rifle grenade

smoke barrage

Ez8 - Ez8 need more commander

caliope or priest - caliope need barrage speed buff...his fookin poor AOE(4) cant kill anything
or
just give me priest
23 Mar 2019, 01:21 AM

Would it be possible to give the Calliope some kind of minor buff when used against buildings? Or perhaps a WP rocket barrage, like the Land Mattress? That would definitely be useful and 'Urban' themed.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight