Login

russian armor

New Commander patchnotes discussion thread

PAGES (15)down
1 Apr 2019, 15:20 PM

Ok, good to hear! Could you post some of your experiences with the unit / commander?
There are so many guys who post in this thread without ever testing the mod so it would be really helpful to get some real information!
I'm especially interested in:
- Build order with Assgrens
- Assgren performance
- How good is "breakthrough equipment"?
- Worth of the new PZIV

Thank you in advance!
Smartie

I used the old t1 skip strat with them. Build order is assgren, MG42, assgren, assgren, tech, MG42 (2nd MG not needed on every map)

I rush straight to t3 if I dont struggle vs light vehicles.. if I do cuz vetted mg42 and tellers isnt enough, or if I need a flamer 251, I build t2 first.

It feels so amazing to be able to rush the OKW p4 as Ostheer and having faster repairs. 6 men assgrenadiers are still viable even in the later stages, but you have to utilize the sprint and MG42 a lot. In general I recommend using the sprint on them as often as possible apart from the usual tricks for CQC units such as hiding behind sightblockers etc
1 Apr 2019, 15:26 PM

I used the old t1 skip strat with them. Build order is assgren, MG42, assgren, assgren, tech, MG42 (2nd MG not needed on every map)

I rush straight to t3 if I dont struggle vs light vehicles.. if I do cuz vetted mg42 and tellers isnt enough, or if I need a flamer 251, I build t2 first.

It feels so amazing to be able to rush the OKW p4 as Ostheer and having faster repairs. 6 men assgrenadiers are still viable even in the later stages, but you have to utilize the sprint and MG42 a lot. In general I recommend using the sprint on them as often as possible apart from the usual tricks for CQC units such as hiding behind sightblockers etc

Thx a lot for your answer! I will test the build order because i usually build T1.
Especially happy if you like the OKW P4. Some people wanted the unit removed because "it would not be worth a commander slot".
1 Apr 2019, 15:31 PM

I question any WM player that does not want the OKW Pz4.
1 Apr 2019, 16:45 PM

I know these ideas are very off-topic but this would be a really amazing change actually. Either like this or every heavy tank call-in requires a certain amount of CP and full tech like the KT.

Like i said, i put the whole bunch togheter to actually help devs collect the feedback and because i don't know if with new commanders a patch is on the way.
1 Apr 2019, 20:59 PM

@Andy_RE

COMMUNITY VOTED SUGGESTIONS FOR EVENTUAL CHANGES.
(Most of the suggestions here have been actively voted in polls, a few are just from threads discussions)

- Commanders

1) Rebalance Panzerfusiliers to be a Guard-Boys at rifles like unit. That would solve the issue of the unit having to start with less models. Consider non doctrinal options for an eventual double shrecks upgrade.

2) Replace Satchels with AT satchels for Panzergrebadiers in breakthrough equipment for OST new doctrine. Add standard Satchel or demolition charge to Pioneers 30 muni upgrade.

3) People want Easy 8 in the new USF commander.

4) Has been suggested to give Call-in vehicles (including non doc king tiger tho) a cooldown upon unit destruction, toand address the call in meta of people instantly replacing losses.

- Non commander related suggestions (add this here in hope that a patch for nondoc units is planned as well)

1)Some heavy tanks have been nerfed way too much. King Tiger for example in CC3 showed bad performances and pretty much most people agree on it being bad. For other tanks are up for some people and op for others, i suggest a closer look at all heavy tanks.

2) Cons are generally regarded as a subpar choice. Several people agreed in a poll to giving the squad a non doc upgrade.

3) After the nerfs, the Walking Stuka happens to have, as proven in testing, the worst potential against buildings in game. Nontheless, one of the past issues of the unit, its ability to deny team weapons and artillery usage, is generally viewed as still present with Stuka current iteration. At this point, as a result of a Poll, the majority of people agreed upon trying to rebalance it to have a normal circular barrage.

4) For a while people have been suggesting to make some simple changes to OKW teching in a similar way to what happened to USF. That includes splitting in half the costs of Tier 3 to unlock Jpz 4 and Obers (but keep the mg34 upgrade for full tier 3) before and the ability to set hq's as their upgrade only (medical station or repair stations) paying only the cost of its upgrade, and eventually pay the actual teching cosf to unlock the units within.

5) An issue highlighted by @Miragefla, Panzergrenadiers have a rather hard time to fight and scale. Several approaches were suggested, including giving Panzergrenadiers STG44 (a bit less) than double the dps and give 2 stg and 2 mp40 to the squads, ij a way that dying models pass STG to the others with mp40. This is meant to give the 4 men squad the ability to retain a larger part of its dps after the first 2 models lost, helping it greatly without buffing its durability.

Other users including me highlighted how accorsing to Cruzz database dps charts G43 for Panzergrens are actually a straight up downgrade. Unless the live values are different, it would be wise to either rework or remove the upgrade.

Edit: Added a 5th non commander proposed change, buffing kubelwagen speed and rotation speed. Many find kubelwagen to be not worth at its current state.

Edit 2: Ostwind is REALLY BAD, in dire need of a buff. People have proposed several solutions, like moving it to Tier 4 and put Stug 3E to Tier 3, so Ostwind could be buffed in its AI and soft AT quite a bit with no issues of having a too high shock value, and to move Brummbar to the doctrines having Stug 3E.

Updated with more suggestions.
1 May 2019, 02:15 AM

!!!BUFF RIFLE MEN!!!!

280 MP -> 270 MP
reinforce 28 MP -> 26 MP

or

M1 garand damage 8 -> 9
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias