Login

russian armor

New Commander patchnotes discussion thread

PAGES (15)down
22 Mar 2019, 12:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 12:12 PMnigo

And the last one: Looks like this is the last chance to OKW and USF receive a sniper.

So lets change this?

It'd be better to remove the snipers that exist already than to add them to OKW and USF.
Phy
22 Mar 2019, 13:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2019, 19:28 PMnigo
More Rangers ? :D Time to suggest this:

The balance/ mod team can take a look at the Ranger skin?

Relic placed a Ranger skin almost identical to the Riflemans (light brown skins), but theres a proper Ranger skin in game files with dark green pants and a cool backpack (they appear in SP campaign). Its a more distinguish skin and deserve to appear in the MP.

+1
22 Mar 2019, 13:11 PM

Every guy which talk like this: piats, zooks and PTRS not strong...should learn to use them. Look how awefull totsy loled around every game and there was no counter to this...look how easily a single pio kill a Ostwind...use them right in games and you have no problem with allies handheld AT....but giving same in ONE commander to axis is big no go...sounds like biased afraid of the own medicine..
ok if ptrs is so stronk as u said then lets give panzerfuzilers 2×panzerbuche with ptrs stats xd
22 Mar 2019, 13:34 PM

I think all snares do 100 damage, they wouldn't snare a luchs with 80 damage.

True, true, its deflection damage that is 80. Fausts still have 40 more penetration.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 12:17 PMAlphrum
Although i dislike handheld AT on all factions, i find it hypocritical people talking about pfussies shreks blobs in team games when every damn soviet playing is spamming penals + penals(ptrs) every damn game. Same crap with usf bazookas and piats on ukf

But if factions can upgrade hand held AT on a reliable platform(no not fukin panzergrenadiers and sturms) then OKW + OST should get them too.

Shreck is alpha strike weapon.
PTRS is chip damage weapon.

Blobbing them is extremely different in efficiency.

Think of attacking gren squad with 4 snipers vs 4 con squads. What is going to give grens more chance to react and retreat and why? Well, that's the difference between PTRS and shrecks and this is why PTRS is a non issue here.

In fact, PTRS blobs are non issue ever since their AI accuracy for non guard PTRS was gutted and they stopped destroying team weapons.

If shrecks will do 40 damage with low penetration and 3-4 sec reload, you'll find no one complaining about them, hell you can even have AT nades as well.

So no, no hypocrisy here, just wehraboo who doesn't understand how AT weapons work and why alpha strike is scary while chip damage is not.
22 Mar 2019, 13:44 PM

ok if ptrs is so stronk as u said then lets give panzerfuzilers 2×panzerbuche with ptrs stats xd

thats was my suggestion 3 or 4 times in this thread..
22 Mar 2019, 14:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 13:34 PMKatitof

True, true, its deflection damage that is 80. Fausts still have 40 more penetration.

Think of attacking gren squad with 4 snipers vs 4 con squads. What is going to give grens more chance to react and retreat and why? Well, that's the difference between PTRS and shrecks and this is why PTRS is a non issue here.

In fact, PTRS blobs are non issue ever since their AI accuracy for non guard PTRS was gutted and they stopped destroying team weapons.

If shrecks will do 40 damage with low penetration and 3-4 sec reload, you'll find no one complaining about them, hell you can even have AT nades as well.

So no, no hypocrisy here, just wehraboo who doesn't understand how AT weapons work and why alpha strike is scary while chip damage is not.

PTRS use a magazine so it is their cooldown that is more important than reload. The values though are 2.2 Cd and 3 reload.

In addition PTRS have almost 100% chance to hit.

What is being described is bazooka version with half the damage and not a PTRS.
22 Mar 2019, 14:10 PM

At far range a PTRS will do 250% more dmg in 2min than a pschreck..

>dps monster

and i cant count how often the ptrs did the last 1% dmg which was needed to detroy the target...no chance to hit/ do the same with schrecks or other handhelds ats...
22 Mar 2019, 14:16 PM

The USF commander needs much more love!
22 Mar 2019, 14:59 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

22 Mar 2019, 15:00 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Suggestions:
-BRIT: Add 1 strafe ability
-SOV: NKVD is better than this commander. New dont heavy tank.
-Elite units. It is better not to touch them; Two shreck are op, Super TigerAce is op, etc
-Mod's commander selection. I like the mod's commander selection. But:
-Would be more transparency
-Would do not pause the screen.
22 Mar 2019, 15:05 PM

I do think Panzerfusiliers with 2 Panzerbusche instead of 2 Shrecks would be more balanced.

Also scrap the Tiger Ace for a King Tiger on the new Wehr doctrine.
A_E
22 Mar 2019, 15:25 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Soviet Airborne: a better proposal of Random Weapon drops. Please vote in poll after watching.

POLL based on this video: https://www.strawpoll.me/17657257 please vote. Design graphic: https://i.imgur.com/J0ikgX6.png
22 Mar 2019, 15:53 PM
Patrion 14

Besides the bugs people have already discussed, I am really digging these commanders. (well, maybe the USF one not so much)

A few suggestions:
Guard Airborne feel odd with smoke grenades and oorah on a long range unit (3 DPs). I would either replace the smokes with something like the Cavalry Rifle suppression fire ability, or make airborne guards a more CQC unit (Thompsons or AVT-40s). At the very least let them fire on the move with the DPs for a "fire-and-maneuver' feel.

In addition, I think both rangers and guard airborne are a bit boring for elite units, with only one grenade ability each. I would give both satchels, or timed demos, or something. It would make them less boring elite infantry.

Maybe give guard airborne a sabotage ability that can be used on enemy resource points, similar to the scorched earth tactics ability?
22 Mar 2019, 16:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 15:25 PMA_E

Soviet Airborne: a better proposal of Random Weapon drops. Please vote in poll after watching.

POLL based on this video: https://www.strawpoll.me/17657257 please vote. Design graphic: https://i.imgur.com/J0ikgX6.png

plz stop

This is not mobile Gacha game

fookin random box makes the player feel frustration
22 Mar 2019, 16:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 13:34 PMKatitof

and dont forget penals ability to snare, if Panzerfusiliers get an at rifle your okay with them retaining snares?
22 Mar 2019, 16:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 16:50 PMAlphrum

and dont forget penals ability to snare, if Panzerfusiliers get an at rifle your okay with them retaining snares?

The same way BOYS infantry section works.
22 Mar 2019, 17:10 PM

Pfusies with AT rifles and snares change can be useful to counterplay early allied LVs, and also decrease its overall AT presence lategame.
I think its a good step to make
22 Mar 2019, 17:14 PM

Can the balance team make it so panzershrecks (and other handheld rocket weaponry) don't target infantry this patch, or would that be impossible?

It's kind of annoying to have an expensive AT squad waste a volley on infantry when shrecks don't damage them at all.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS