Login

russian armor

Replace the Ostwind

13 Mar 2019, 16:45 PM

So this is kinda a gameplay and a balance thing, but its something ive thought for sometime, ever since the UKF update.

Replacing the Ostwind with the wirbelwind. Copy and pasting stats and cost of the Centaur, as with the firing/projectile/damage type.

I just find the ostwind's confetti bombs a bit lack luster, if they hit (which can be rare unless up close) they damage the squad but rarely kill models, and so often P4's do better AI.

If its a copy and paste of the Centaur in stats and cost, thats balance taken care of. But also in theme, very few ostwinds were made/used. (i think around 400 ever?) and weirdly not on the eastern front as the base game would suggest.
13 Mar 2019, 17:06 PM

No new models can be added to the game.
13 Mar 2019, 17:08 PM

No new models can be added to the game.

Sure they can, but actually pretty sure wierbal is already in the game files, along with some other abandoned projects.
ddd
13 Mar 2019, 17:20 PM

Why not keep the ostwind model? Lets make ostwind into centaur and comet into panther and we just fixed 2 units.
13 Mar 2019, 17:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 17:08 PMCorsin
Sure they can, but actually pretty sure wierbal is already in the game files, along with some other abandoned projects.

No they can't. No new models can be added to the game as said by Relic. They don't have any resources available to work on models and there are no tools available to the community either.

There is a Wirbelwind model in the files, but afaik it's the vCoH model and of pretty bad quality. It probably lacks all the proper animations and sounds as well.
13 Mar 2019, 17:38 PM

No they can't. No new models can be added to the game as said by Relic. They don't have any resources available to work on models and there are no tools available to the community either.

There is a Wirbelwind model in the files, but afaik it's the vCoH model and of pretty bad quality. It probably lacks all the proper animations and sounds as well.

By the 'sure they can' kinda was implying that they should release the tools to the community. I mean they totally could... at this point its just a matter of how awkward they wanna be.

Pretty sure the community could touch up the Wirbelwind if asked. Same sound files would be fine. Guess its a shame that Relic s**t the bed on DoW3.
Brings me on a strange train of thought here, but maybe they should just redouble on Coh2, make an afrika expansion etc and revive it. No clue why game dev's/studios these days have a "How can we kill our game faster" approach to things. :/

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 17:20 PMddd
Why not keep the ostwind model? Lets make ostwind into centaur and comet into panther and we just fixed 2 units.

The copy and paste of stats was to give you fanbois no reason to challenge it. Shoulda known you'd find a way by dragging in a totally incomparable unit which has nothing to do with this especially since the panther and comet fill different rolls and are at different points in a tech tree.
ddd
13 Mar 2019, 17:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 17:38 PMCorsin

By the 'sure they can' kinda was implying that they should release the tools to the community. I mean they totally could... at this point its just a matter of how awkward they wanna be.

Pretty sure the community could touch up the Wirbelwind if asked. Same sound files would be fine. Guess its a shame that Relic s**t the bed on DoW3.
Brings me on a strange train of thought here, but maybe they should just redouble on Coh2, make an afrika expansion etc and revive it. No clue why game dev's/studios these days have a "How can we kill our game faster" approach to things. :/

The copy and paste of stats was to give you fanbois no reason to challenge it. Shoulda known you'd find a way by dragging in a totally incomparable unit.

I was not challanging your idea, i actualy like the idea of copy pasting working units, you dont like mine? Comet is premium medium tank costing excatly the same amount of resources as panther (slightly more to be precise) but its not working well with current stats. So whats wrong with my idea? Are you scared of panthers?
13 Mar 2019, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 17:46 PMddd

I was not challanging your idea, i actualy like the idea of copy pasting working units, you dont like mine? Comet is premium medium tank costing excatly the same amount of resources as panther (slightly more to be precise) but its bot working well with current stats. So whats wrong with my idea? Are you scared of panthers?

Comet has decent anti-infantry capabilities. The Panther doesnt + is over both factions. Both Comet and panther operate fine within their lanes for intended rolls and neither need changing.

The Ostwind and Centaur have the same roll, Anti-infantry/air and same tech point, yet one is insanely good, the other is insanely useless and usually fighting larger squads.
ddd
13 Mar 2019, 17:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 17:48 PMCorsin

Comet has decent anti-infantry capabilities. The Panther doesnt + is over both factions. Both Comet and panther operate fine within their lanes for intended rolls and neither need changing.

The Ostwind and Centaur have the same roll, Anti-infantry/air and same tech point, yet one is insanely good, the other is insanely useless and usually fighting larger squads.

"Comet" and "decent" shouldnt be used in the same sentence. It currently doesnt have a role it does good at. Im not asking for comet to become great AT and AI vehicle, im asking for making it into a copy of panther, SAME STATS, just like you want ostwind to become copy of centaur. What are you scared of? Its just a panther.
13 Mar 2019, 17:56 PM

Wouldn't swapping the Ostwind and Wirbelwind just be a skin change?
13 Mar 2019, 18:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 17:52 PMddd

"Comet" and "decent" shouldnt be used in the same sentence. It currently doesnt have a role it does good at. Im not asking for comet to become great AT and AI vehicle, im asking for making it into a copy of panther, SAME STATS, just like you want ostwind to become copy of centaur. What are you scared of? Its just a panther.

But comets do fine? Maybe you're just using them wrong :/
ddd
13 Mar 2019, 19:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 18:52 PMCorsin

You are probably right that im using them wrong, thats why i went to spectate some high level games and you know what i found? If any decent brit player goes for side tech it 99.9% anvil. So i still dont know how to use comet cuz from my expirience it sucks. Just give me panther k thx bye.
13 Mar 2019, 20:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 19:02 PMddd

You are probably right that im using them wrong, thats why i went to spectate some high level games and you know what i found? If any decent brit player goes for side tech it 99.9% anvil. So i still dont know how to use comet cuz from my expirience it sucks. Just give me panther k thx bye.

And when the comet was a lite tiger that could WP from 70 range out hammer had more picks. Maybe having 1400hp and faster heals is just easier than yknow, having to micro a unit? Players will always use what's easiest and the churchill sure ain't hard to use. Doesn't mean the comet is bad.
13 Mar 2019, 22:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 19:02 PMddd

That just shows how mental the Churchill is, 1400 hp, who wouldnt pick that? Kinda like Madillo points out.
ddd
13 Mar 2019, 22:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 22:02 PMCorsin

That just shows how mental the Churchill is, 1400 hp, who wouldnt pick that? Kinda like Madillo points out.

+ agree thats why we need to turn comet into panther statswise, panther requires extensive micromanagement so the unskilled ukf players will have to start playing the game like we all do, microing and stuff like that you know.
13 Mar 2019, 22:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 18:52 PMCorsin

The Comet's okay, but it's got the AI damage of a Cromwell, which has the AI damage of a pintle-less Sherman using AP rounds. You get it for an advantage in the tank battle.

You get about T-34/85 performance out of it: it'll merrily clobber Ostheer T3 and the OKW P4, but is countered in turn by Panthers up.

Which'd be fine if it wasn't 185 MP behind a 50 FU side tech. You've got to throw down 235 FU for it, which is more than a Tiger.

It's a good unit, but it's not worth 185 FU, let alone 235.
13 Mar 2019, 22:58 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised offtopic post
13 Mar 2019, 23:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 22:49 PMddd

+ agree thats why we need to turn comet into panther statswise, panther requires extensive micromanagement so the unskilled ukf players will have to start playing the game like we all do, microing and stuff like that you know.

Except even as a panther clone (I assume you mean dropping the various smokes and grenade abilities) then it's still contending against a 1400hp unit with Uber heals. The comet itself isn't lacking. Anything short of a panther itself it will fight with ease. It's a t34/85 to the cromwell. A bigger, better tank. It's the hammer abilities that are lacking. War speed is good but not remarkable, the gammon flat out sucks, and tracking is good but hard to gauge its exact impact (like spec ops radio silence) where as anvil has increased Los is easy to see, airburst is VERY noticeable and heavy sappers are incredible. People picked hammer over anvil before because the comet was so bloody broken it offset the poor abilities and mad it heavily outweigh the more rounded anvil.
14 Mar 2019, 12:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 22:02 PMCorsin

Probably someone who would want to penetrate anything more armored then Ostwind or unvetted StuG .
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 36
Germany 35

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment