Login

russian armor

Poll: is the Ostwind underpowered?

15 Mar 2019, 09:24 AM

Correct question is:
"What would make you want to build Ostwind right now instead of waiting a bit more and build Pz.IV?"

I fear that ability to deal with Light Tanks is not enough because of Ostwind's time of arrival.
15 Mar 2019, 13:35 PM

Relic team: it doesn’t look good enough

This is the first thing I thought of, but in the new commander contest they said the won’t use coh1 models because “customers expect a higher graphical fidelity in their games”. Or some shit
Great idea, But Leleic has said no

Made me chuckle, where was that determination to appease customers when they launched DoW3 with only 4 MP maps. xD
15 Mar 2019, 22:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2019, 13:35 PMCorsin

Made me chuckle, where was that determination to appease customers when they launched DoW3 with only 4 MP maps. xD

Haha
16 Mar 2019, 08:48 AM

Correct question is:
"What would make you want to build Ostwind right now instead of waiting a bit more and build Pz.IV?"

Being captain sprice and having 4 PaKs blob on field already?
That + ostwind spam was fun to see from him and it worked surprisingly.
17 Mar 2019, 06:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2019, 11:14 AMVipper
A number of Suggested Changes:

Increase the utility of the unit, like vet 1 ability a timed ability that suppress but does little damage, increase performance vs enemy light vehicles...

Replace Ostwind with Stug so that Ostheer get an indirect fire support unit in T3. Move Ostwind to T4 and buff so that it can be used to support Panthers. Make Brumbar doctrinal similar to KV-2 maybe (it was superior). These solution will fix a number of units and problem.

Remove minimal range

best solution so far.
18 Mar 2019, 18:23 PM

I think buffing Ostwind from 1v1 perspective would make it too strong of a shock unit (mind you that's not the default doctrine for Ost). Presuming there are only AT guns on the field (witch is a reasonable way to play) having a fast-strong Ostwind would have a reasonable chance to wipe those AT guns and consequently the remaining force off the field before the opponent can mount their medium tanks. What people comparing it to the centaur are forgetting is the speed of aforementioned unit. Centaur is very slow and is unlikely to navigate and flank at gun/panzerfaust wall that is put up by the enemy. The current use of the Ostwind (mobile suppression platform when combined with a intel bulletin) is inline whit what should be expected of the vehicle. It wont win you games on its own and nor should it. Having a bulletin in your load out telegraphs your intentions (I would say this game should be easier to read regarding shock tactics) and gives a heads-up. Combined with p4 (witch are definitely on the strong side of AI units) buffed Ostwinds would make for a insanely cost effective A-move cheese.

TLDR: Shock Ostwind is not what this game needs..
18 Mar 2019, 18:34 PM

I think what would be a cool idea is to implement the Ostwind into Wehrmacht T2 like the Puma is. Make it so you have to upgrade to T3 to unlock the Ostwind in T2 building. That way it comes later than T2 but also comes faster than P4, giving the player some incentive to build it instead of the P4.
18 Mar 2019, 23:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2019, 18:34 PMNosliw
I think what would be a cool idea is to implement the Ostwind into Wehrmacht T2 like the Puma is. Make it so you have to upgrade to T3 to unlock the Ostwind in T2 building. That way it comes later than T3 but also comes faster than P4, giving the player some incentive to build it instead of the P4.

Sounds interesting. You wont need to touch the Performance but has a distinctive advandage over PzIV
20 Mar 2019, 00:02 AM

At the moment, the Ostwind is a useless piece of shit.
20 Mar 2019, 16:32 PM

Buff accuracy
Buff rate of fire, because it shoots faster in reality, even you can see in Warthunder, pretty accurate source I would say
Buff reload time needs to be faster, it is quite slow for a small clip, if the clip is bigger which it should be, then leave the way it is

Currently it misses 1/3 to 1/4 of its shots ending up behind the squad, damage is good but the fact is it misses to often. I have really rely upon the MG, face the front (chassis) in order to deal consistent damage. It simply needs to fill its role as AI which it fails to do in comparison to Centaur.

Centaur UKF its counter performs more consistently and even better for its similar price performing if not twice as much as Ostwind. It is simply more deadlier than Ostwind.

Ostwind needs these buffs, either two of them would be great but accuracy really is of the utmost importance.
20 Mar 2019, 16:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2019, 18:34 PMNosliw
I think what would be a cool idea is to implement the Ostwind into Wehrmacht T2 like the Puma is. Make it so you have to upgrade to T3 to unlock the Ostwind in T2 building. That way it comes later than T2 but also comes faster than P4, giving the player some incentive to build it instead of the P4.

doesnt rly make sense, the Ostwind already comes earlier than p4 atm.... and the t3 structure costs 100/10 or something, that is literally nothing
20 Mar 2019, 17:12 PM

Ostwind is good at vet 3. Problem is it is lackluster until then, meaning you'll most likely never get to vet 3. :foreveralone:
20 Mar 2019, 18:21 PM

doesnt rly make sense, the Ostwind already comes earlier than p4 atm.... and the t3 structure costs 100/10 or something, that is literally nothing

Yes but constructing T3 takes a minute... so the Ostwind would come not only faster in terms of fuel, but in terms of build time... an extra minute faster is quite a big deal.
20 Mar 2019, 18:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2019, 18:21 PMNosliw

Yes but constructing T3 takes a minute... so the Ostwind would come not only faster in terms of fuel, but in terms of build time... an extra minute faster is quite a big deal.

well then the very first Ostwind might become a solid shock unit, but it doesnt solve the issue that any further or delayed 1st Ostwind would remain extremely useless
20 Mar 2019, 20:11 PM

well then the very first Ostwind might become a solid shock unit, but it doesn't solve the issue that any further or delayed 1st Ostwind would remain extremely useless

I never said that faster Ostwind was the be all end all solution, it was merely a suggestion of how to give the incentive to build an Ostwind over a P4 :) The Ostwinds performance regardless of its timing needs a look at for sure.
22 Mar 2019, 04:24 AM

If ostw could reliably hit planes that would be great. They could even be T4 if their role is to give AA cover. I dont like the ostww shock unit design, on centaurs was nerfed over time but On the other side, if ostw were to get good anti garrison dmg, wich makes sense, they could find themselves a good use, a lategame anti garrison. Still better AA is needed. This way 251 flamer can be nerfed as it is sometimes quite OP. To make a new role for ostw can be done displacing a current unit in OST.
22 Mar 2019, 05:53 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Ostwind needs cost reduction, I wouldn't touch the stats. I like the idea Nosliw has.
23 Mar 2019, 02:42 AM

Ostwind is literally a joke.

I think it should be able to hit infantry a little more consistently since it does have a slower firerate. Damage buff would probably make it a bit inconsistent and consequently slightly frustrating to use and to play against IMO, maybe AoE buff or scatter buff instead.
23 Mar 2019, 09:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2019, 11:14 AMVipper
A number of Suggested Changes:

Increase the utility of the unit, like vet 1 ability a timed ability that suppress but does little damage, increase performance vs enemy light vehicles...

Replace Ostwind with Stug so that Ostheer get an indirect fire support unit in T3. Move Ostwind to T4 and buff so that it can be used to support Panthers. Make Brumbar doctrinal similar to KV-2 maybe (it was superior). These solution will fix a number of units and problem.

Remove minimal range

Best solution.

Also fix the issue of Tier 4 OKW Ostwind by simply making it worth it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 42
unknown 40
Germany 12
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L