Login

russian armor

Poll: is the Ostwind underpowered?

13 Mar 2019, 00:51 AM

There was a time when the Ostwind was way OP, but now with of several buffs, just like Assault Grens, the Ostwind got left behind.

I agree with the idea that it should take on Light Tanks and suppress infantry way better.
13 Mar 2019, 02:23 AM

I dont like the suppress inf aspect of ostwind, as the game has changed so much, mobile suppression platforms are not desired by anyone.

I suggested a cost reduction in the poll just to state, its a utility unit as it is nowdays and its cost are too punishing.

I imagine centaur/ostwinds only useful in teamgames to counter aircraft call-ins, if that is the case a cost reduction to both units would be a good approach.

On the other way if Ostw are meant to be part of a frontline army (as it is mounted on a P4 chassis) its going to need a lot of buffs, too much for my taste
13 Mar 2019, 02:49 AM

Permanently Banned
Probably the 5th thread about ostwind in 3 months. So the balance team better get their act together. Because Ost is always ignored (unless u need nerfs.) They failed miserably teh first time they promised to have buffed the ostwind. 80-90% of 1v1 axis players are OKW for a reason.
13 Mar 2019, 02:58 AM

Permanently Banned
A major overlooked reason why the centaur is better is that the centaur gets off a full burst in 2 seconds. For the ostwind to get off a volley (6 shots) it takes around 3-4 seconds. And the ostwind MUST be stationary for those seconds since we all know its accuracy is non-existant on the move while the centaur still has decent accuracy on the move. This is quite contradictory since people always say ostwind is more mobile than the centaur. But if the ostwind needs to stop for almost twice as long just to get off its shots, it's actually more vulnerable. And the ostwind is slightly faster than the centaur, but not faster than any allied mediums, so its mobility relative to its counters is actually a lie while it has paper armor while centaur bounces p4 shots a noticeable amount of times.

I suggest in addition to whatever combat buffs it gets, the ostwind gets a speed buff after vet1 to make it slightly faster than an allied medium.
13 Mar 2019, 04:20 AM

A major overlooked reason why the centaur is better is that the centaur gets off a full burst in 2 seconds. For the ostwind to get off a volley (6 shots) it takes around 3-4 seconds. And the ostwind MUST be stationary for those seconds since we all know its accuracy is non-existant on the move while the centaur still has decent accuracy on the move. This is quite contradictory since people always say ostwind is more mobile than the centaur. But if the ostwind needs to stop for almost twice as long just to get off its shots, it's actually more vulnerable. And the ostwind is slightly faster than the centaur, but not faster than any allied mediums, so its mobility relative to its counters is actually a lie while it has paper armor while centaur bounces p4 shots a noticeable amount of times.

I suggest in addition to whatever combat buffs it gets, the ostwind gets a speed buff after vet1 to make it slightly faster than an allied medium.

What if they changed blitz to the old combat blitz where moving doesn't impact accuracy? I know normally it would be bad on an AI tank but we're talking about the istwind here and it isn't even that amazing when stationary...
13 Mar 2019, 17:04 PM

I actually just made a post suggesting the Ostwind replaced with the Wirbelwind. Copy and paste Centuar costs/damage+projectile type/stats and done. Cant actually say its unbalanced since its a direct copy/paste of the allied counterpart.
13 Mar 2019, 17:25 PM

Honestly Centaur is a better tank compare to Ostwind. The Ostwind definitely needs a buff but extra damage I am not 100% sure about at vet 0
13 Mar 2019, 18:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 17:04 PMCorsin
I actually just made a post suggesting the Ostwind replaced with the Wirbelwind. Copy and paste Centuar costs/damage+projectile type/stats and done. Cant actually say its unbalanced since its a direct copy/paste of the allied counterpart.

Because Brits and Wehr are not similar enough already right?
13 Mar 2019, 18:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 18:29 PMGiaA

Because Brits and Wehr are not similar enough already right?

Doesnt really have anything to do with it.
13 Mar 2019, 19:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 18:53 PMCorsin

Doesnt really have anything to do with it.

You literally suggested to copy paste a brit unit which is directly related to the strong similarities between Brits and Wehrmacht.
13 Mar 2019, 19:33 PM

impossible to implement, there are no Wirbelwind animations in this game
13 Mar 2019, 20:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 19:21 PMGiaA

You literally suggested to copy paste a brit unit which is directly related to the strong similarities between Brits and Wehrmacht.

You know who copied who, right?
Spoiler alert, its not Ost
13 Mar 2019, 21:59 PM

impossible to implement, there are no Wirbelwind animations in this game

There is a wirbelwind in the game files. As for the projectile animation, theres a bunch of animations they could use, from quad cannons on the M3 HT, to just 4 of the Centuar shots rather than 2.
13 Mar 2019, 22:03 PM

That model is very low quality. And it most likely lacks other animations such as the hull-down sandbags etc.
13 Mar 2019, 22:08 PM

That model is very low quality. And it most likely lacks other animations such as the hull-down sandbags etc.

Wouldnt take much effort/time to touch up. Not like im suggesting a totally new invention with nothing to base it off. As for the animation it has a P4 Chase. So the animation would just be that.

Either way if we say keep the ostwind, it needs a serious accuracy buff, Maybe an increasing rate of fire and more AP so it can at least soft counter T-70/Stuart/AEC. if it cant do that, its not worth getting over a P4.

But its accuracy is its main issue. Especially when moving.
13 Mar 2019, 22:51 PM

What is its pen right now?
13 Mar 2019, 23:25 PM

What is its pen right now?

55/40/35

But the problem is not just penetration since it has very low chance to score a hit a even a collision hit, check post 12.
14 Mar 2019, 00:01 AM

Ah thanks vipper. More accurate is needed it seems. I see no reason for it to not be more reliable.
Just out of curiosity, how does the ostwind compare to the schwere gun? Would mirroring that be acceptable?
14 Mar 2019, 23:57 PM

Ostwind tickles people to death.

Only reason to get an ostwind is if you rush, but then again better get a p4.

Ostwind should be an unit you rush to counter infantry, before mediums come to play.
15 Mar 2019, 02:07 AM

Relic team: it doesn’t look good enough

This is the first thing I thought of, but in the new commander contest they said the won’t use coh1 models because “customers expect a higher graphical fidelity in their games”. Or some shit
Great idea, But Leleic has said no
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight