Login

russian armor

Time on target should be better for its price

9 Mar 2019, 08:59 AM

Sometimes it can't even destroy a lefh. Simply overpriced when compare to axis off-map.
9 Mar 2019, 09:05 AM

I think cost is fine. If it needs something, its likely few more shells in barrage or more tight spread.
9 Mar 2019, 09:57 AM

i think time on time is not very good, but giving usf an very strong offmap would make it IMO. Its fine as it is, it cant kill paks or mgs if the opponnent is not brain afk, but it does decent amount of dmg to okw hqs and kills flhs and pak 43s in 99% of the cases.

it could get the okw firestorm stuka barrage treatment so that some shots always land in the middle , to work out the 1% stupid rng cases
9 Mar 2019, 10:37 AM

Three attributes make this ability worth less than the cost you pay.

Time until the barrage starts
Small area of effect
Short barrage duration

The delay in barrage time means its near impossible to land even on stationary troops, the small area of effect means troops do not have to move far to dodge it, and coupled with the short barrage duration means its poor as area denial.

A generous buff to any of these would make it of use.
ddd
9 Mar 2019, 14:39 PM

The delay on this thing is absolutly laughable, you can only hit things that cannot move and the little area of effect means all you have to do is take 2 steps and you dodged this ability completly. Also having arty callin that is good only against static emplacements in the same doctrine with priest seems like an overkill.
9 Mar 2019, 15:01 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Three attributes make this ability worth less than the cost you pay.

Time until the barrage starts
Small area of effect
Short barrage duration

The delay in barrage time means its near impossible to land even on stationary troops, the small area of effect means troops do not have to move far to dodge it, and coupled with the short barrage duration means its poor as area denial.

A generous buff to any of these would make it of use.

A "buff" to those would also go against the ability's use case though. Its strength is against static targets - Flak HQs, ambient structures, bunkers. The small area of effect is an important part of that, the barrage duration is kind of a non factor (maybe you're asking for more shells?), and the time until the barrage starts is a balancing factor to make sure it can do high amounts of damage to a small area without being overpowered.

I get why spending 180 munitions for this kind of thing can feel like a bad trade, but it makes destroying forward flak HQs pretty easy - making it able to do so at an even lower cost could result in a balance issue. Overall, I think time on target is a much cooler concept than basically every other arty ability which all come down to "deny an area," and a lot of these qualities are important to its current use case.
9 Mar 2019, 16:51 PM

Sometimes it can't even destroy a lefh. Simply overpriced when compare to axis off-map.

replay pls

Used in fog of war hm?
9 Mar 2019, 18:36 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I always thought it was pretty good. The strength of it was its shell land in very quick succession. So yes there needs to be a delay before those shells hit, otherwise it'd be OP. Also, major arty is amazing.
9 Mar 2019, 21:33 PM

A "buff" to those would also go against the ability's use case though. Its strength is against static targets - Flak HQs, ambient structures, bunkers. The small area of effect is an important part of that, the barrage duration is kind of a non factor (maybe you're asking for more shells?), and the time until the barrage starts is a balancing factor to make sure it can do high amounts of damage to a small area without being overpowered.

I get why spending 180 munitions for this kind of thing can feel like a bad trade, but it makes destroying forward flak HQs pretty easy - making it able to do so at an even lower cost could result in a balance issue. Overall, I think time on target is a much cooler concept than basically every other arty ability which all come down to "deny an area," and a lot of these qualities are important to its current use case.

A longer barrage duration like the british concentrated fire operation, base howitzer barrage or major artillery that has shell drops spread over a long duration aiding its area denial.

I also agree that the primary use for the ability is destroying forward headquarters, but USF has tons of off map artillery options and they all perform this role adequately but are more flexible in their other usage.
9 Mar 2019, 23:12 PM

I honestly don't know if it truly is underwhelming or if the other abilities are just too strong and annoying
9 Mar 2019, 23:27 PM

I honestly don't know if it truly is underwhelming or if the other abilities are just too strong and annoying

The second!
For comparison:
Major Arty at vet2 is much better for the same thing, Killing static structures, while three times cheaper.
The only time it's really good it's when someone else uses a real recon, to delete a Howitzer, or help raze an OKW truck in very large teamgames.
10 Mar 2019, 01:02 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

A longer barrage duration like the british concentrated fire operation, base howitzer barrage or major artillery that has shell drops spread over a long duration aiding its area denial.

I also agree that the primary use for the ability is destroying forward headquarters, but USF has tons of off map artillery options and they all perform this role adequately but are more flexible in their other usage.

...but it's not meant to be used for area denial - at least not in it's current state. It has a current role (one thats fairly unique within usf), and it performs really well within that role. Fair enough if you think its role should be changed, but you haven't made that argument and haven't given reasons why this would be a good idea.

And sure, other USF offmap artillery options perform the role adequately (though I'd personally argue a little less than adequately). Time on target, though, performs this role really well.
10 Mar 2019, 01:41 AM

...but it's not meant to be used for area denial - at least not in it's current state. It has a current role (one thats fairly unique within usf), and it performs really well within that role. Fair enough if you think its role should be changed, but you haven't made that argument and haven't given reasons why this would be a good idea.

And sure, other USF offmap artillery options perform the role adequately (though I'd personally argue a little less than adequately). Time on target, though, performs this role really well.

No matter what role it is providing, it is simply overpriced.
10 Mar 2019, 01:55 AM

No matter what role it is providing, it is simply overpriced.

no matter how overpriced it can be, its easy to use, unique and does its job
10 Mar 2019, 01:57 AM

hmm comparing cost between factions and ignoring *a lot* of other important aspects... this kind of accusations leads to nowhere... But hey we all get it, you are biased towards allies!

i really imagine, why would axis off map cost less... i really wonder why now.
10 Mar 2019, 02:13 AM

no matter how overpriced it can be, its easy to use, unique and does its job

Not as easy to use as Stuka diving bomb, not as unique as SDB, not does its job like SDV while having similar price as SDB.
10 Mar 2019, 02:22 AM

Not as easy to use as Stuka diving bomb, not as unique as SDB, not does its job like SDV while having similar price as SDB.

they are called skillbomb for a reason...
10 Mar 2019, 03:10 AM

US Time on Target bombing is quite unpredictable. Sometime I checked the replay, shells evenly landed on the sandbags around a Pak43,only one shell fell on the pak43 itself.
10 Mar 2019, 03:14 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised post for excess flame.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment