Login

russian armor

Command panther adjustment

5 Mar 2019, 22:39 PM

This thread is about the CP LOS right? Can someone give the stats for the LOS then?

Command Panther has 55 view range.

As opposed to regular tanks having 35 view range.

Which means the Command Panther can spot for itself (50 gun range).
5 Mar 2019, 22:48 PM

*Eyes out ost G43 weapon upgrade + interrogation map hack and OKW MP40+smoke nades+rec acc boost, while soviet ppsh and USF LMG is plain weapon upgrade*

There's plenty others too.

*snowball of offtopic*
Let me get to the point:

Hmm hmm.

"Volks punch way above their weight!" :sibPheasant:

Now i feel better...

5 Mar 2019, 22:51 PM

Command Panther has 50 view range.

Wow
50 is a lot, but to compare it with normal tanks seems flawed. But still 50 is too much.
5 Mar 2019, 23:05 PM

*Eyes out ost G43 weapon upgrade + interrogation map hack and OKW MP40+smoke nades+rec acc boost, while soviet ppsh and USF LMG is plain weapon upgrade*

There's plenty others too.

PPSh and hit the dirt were merged, so yes it's a straight up weapon but they can benifit from the ability even without the weapon.

On topic mark target on the CP compared to the Soviet version isnt equal, as said the Soviet one can be called any time any where, and provides a recon of the target, the CP version requires an expensive unit that locks out the KT.

But to be frank they should change them both to the superior design of the USF since damage modifiers screw with balance alot more than combined arms abilities like *target size and - armour.

Also 3 abilities with the same name that functions different from each other.... Come on relic..
5 Mar 2019, 23:46 PM

Also 3 abilities with the same name that functions different from each other.... Come on relic..

Same thing happens to the HEAT round.
6 Mar 2019, 00:13 AM

Sad thing you compare 2 different commanders that are mutually exclusive.

People have been comparing them this entire thread, are you blind? I was responding to the comparison, not starting it.

And no one says CP is UP, read agin please.

The entire thread starts on a request for a cost decrease. It deserves a decrease, if it's moved behind tech.

And one demands a unit to be present, wich demand muni in addition to the unit cost(manp, fuel and not getting a KT) and the other is a call in.

Since when does soviet Mark target not require any units? You mean it does damage by itself? You mean I can mark units that I can't see? And yeah the CP version requires other resources. You're also getting a call-in unit that doesn't require any tech, last time I checked...

I won't dispute that the Soviet one is better, but that's the whole point. Why is it a problem that it is?

SU has greater impact (reducing 1 shot to kill on mediums) and OKM does not

Is accuracy no longer a part of tank engagements? Are medium tanks the only units in the game that can damage other tanks? Soviet Mark target does squat if a shot misses, CP Mark makes misses less likely.
6 Mar 2019, 00:38 AM

@SkysTheLimit by needing a unit a I mean if all you have as the Soviet is conscripts and AT nades you can still mark target. T70 spam? Yeep no units at all? Yessir.
For the okw one you need the command panther AND has to be in range. It's the same reasoning for flares that are not okw spec op flares are fine but spec op flares are not. (not saying that the Soviet version isn't OK, just its justified for the okw one to be better I guess by the reasoning that it's locked to the CP itself)
6 Mar 2019, 02:21 AM

@SkysTheLimit by needing a unit a I mean if all you have as the Soviet is conscripts and AT nades you can still mark target. T70 spam? Yeep no units at all? Yessir.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say here? Edit: I believe I'm properly reading the sarcasm now lol

The soviet one is better exclusively because it's more flexible. The command panther offers flexibility in other ways IMO. If it gets moved into tech I think options for improving it are much greater
6 Mar 2019, 02:44 AM

Most of the issues with this unit is with tech skipping. You can go heavy into mech and not pay for it.
6 Mar 2019, 04:18 AM

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say here? Edit: I believe I'm properly reading the sarcasm now lol

The soviet one is better exclusively because it's more flexible. The command panther offers flexibility in other ways IMO. If it gets moved into tech I think options for improving it are much greater

Basicly the way I see it is that it's more effective because it costs more (cost of the CP as a requirement)
The panther certainly offers SOMETHING but flexibility isn't what I would call it.

The tech skipping is absolutely bullshit and should be tied to schwere or hell, even all 3 trucks like the KT it locks out, but in the end no CP=no mark target.

Just to be clear, I think all the versions of Mark target should do the same thing at the same value, but I can see the reasoning behind the CP having a better version. But 50% bonus damage is bad, in team games where there can still be a KT or elefant or JT or something being able to 450 damage in a single shot (and have the panther shoot as well) you could nearly alpha strike some tanks. I much prefer the usf version that improves the odds of doing damage over decreasing the units EFHP but still possibly doing nothing. That goes for the Soviet version as well.
6 Mar 2019, 06:01 AM

Just to be clear, I think all the versions of Mark target should do the same thing at the same value, but I can see the reasoning behind the CP having a better version.

Would be simpler, but I would argue there's a reason for the difference. Unless your fighting a Churchill as OKW, a vast majority of the allied tanks you're fighting will have lower or equivalent health pools, and lower armor unless its an IS2. They will also *usually* be smaller in target size to make up for these things, hence the accuracy buff and lower damage bonus on the german version. But that's all just theory on the reasoning

If the t34/76 misses a shot (is that really an IF?) in one of these medium on medium fights with soviet mark target, then we're back to 4 shots. Meanwhile the CP version makes misses less likely. I think the only way they're not equal is in terms of usability, but I don't really know what you can do about that. You could give recon tracking like the soviet one has, but in their actual effect on tanks I dont think their as unequal as people say.
6 Mar 2019, 06:04 AM

The entire thread starts on a request for a cost decrease. It deserves a decrease, if it's moved behind tech.

OP was changed, now its about CP LoS... Gj reading
6 Mar 2019, 06:09 AM

OP was changed, now its about CP LoS... Gj reading

You wanna talk about the command panther go ahead and quote me. If you want to keep being a jerk to everyone, dont bother
6 Mar 2019, 10:49 AM

doesn't the command panther need to be stationary for the 50 range?

But now is the OP asking for a price reduction of the Jackson or command panther?
6 Mar 2019, 11:02 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Command Panther has 50 view range.

Small note that apparently its sight range is actually 55.
6 Mar 2019, 11:19 AM

Woops. Yes 55 sight range indeed.
6 Mar 2019, 11:46 AM

All command units should follow the brit format. Inferior combat stats, but a buff to adjacent units, whatever that buff may be.

As for the cost - I agree. Make it cheaper but bought from the T3 HQ because tech skipping is still bad.
6 Mar 2019, 12:14 PM

The Command Panther used to cost 200 FU. It was kicked up to 225 because it's a call-in.

Stats are from memory and may be slightly off.
6 Mar 2019, 12:29 PM

All command units should follow the brit format. Inferior combat stats, but a buff to adjacent units, whatever that buff may be.

As for the cost - I agree. Make it cheaper but bought from the T3 HQ because tech skipping is still bad.

Actually the CP panther bonuses are better design since they improve with veterancy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★