Login

russian armor

Looks like SEGA will sell relic to MS without franchises

27 Feb 2019, 19:46 PM

It would be so amazing if the DoW3 team would do CoH3. I know this sounds crazy at first but what screwed DoW3 was its design and Relic wont do the same design mistake again. From a programming standpoint, DoW3 was just amazing. No bugsplats, no lag, no crashes, almost no bugs etc etc

maybe because it looks and feels and has animations like a mobile game
27 Feb 2019, 19:51 PM

why y'all have to destroy my hopes for a CoH3 that 1) looks amazing, 2) has amazing gameplay and 3) doesnt crash if you dont restart after every 2 games :guyokay:
27 Feb 2019, 20:14 PM

Relic comes out and say "do you guys not have phones?" and releases COH3 on mobile LOL.
27 Feb 2019, 20:47 PM

It's gonna be available for XBOX, mark my words :sibHyena:

And so will be mouse and keyboard support.
4 Mar 2019, 11:49 AM

He kinda has a point, they released Halo Wars on PC after almost like 10 years and then did Halo Wars 2 on both PC and console. What's stopping them from dumbing down both AoE4 and CoH3 to make them also fit on consoles? That's why I'm keeping a close eye on Iron Harvest as well since I'm scared that they're wish to also be on console might ultimately hurt the game more than it would help.

Console?

I'm more thinking they'll want to do like Blizzard...
Release Diablo III for smartphone exclusively.
I can't forget those gorgeous cosplayers being focused and grim-faced
as they tapped away at their cellphones during the presentation ;)

I'm now thinking... of COH3 on cellphone. As an app.
Wouldn't that be glorious?

As a return to COH1 no less, just dumbed down a lot but with more micro-transactions.
Something like COH-Online.

4 Mar 2019, 11:49 AM

Relic comes out and say "do you guys not have phones?" and releases COH3 on mobile LOL.

EXACTLY!
4 Mar 2019, 11:51 AM

COH3.
Made by DOW3 team.
As a mobile game.
With Sega micro transactions.
That require access via Window's Gamer portal.

And it being a redux dumbed down version of COH-Online.

I see it already.
4 Mar 2019, 12:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It could be worse, it could be Clash of clans type of game. Basically what happened to Command n Conquers IP.
4 Mar 2019, 14:58 PM

You guys are depressing.
5 Mar 2019, 00:28 AM

I dont really post very often.I wish this was a big joke,but its not.......

5 Mar 2019, 03:37 AM

"Without Franchises", so this means that CoH and DoW won't go with relic and stays at SEGA, which is the worst case possible since MS will have to use another name and SEGA will use another team to make new games under those IPs.
What a mess...
5 Mar 2019, 06:03 AM

just a rumor

dont believe this post

5 Mar 2019, 08:20 AM

"Without Franchises", so this means that CoH and DoW won't go with relic and stays at SEGA, which is the worst case possible since MS will have to use another name and SEGA will use another team to make new games under those IPs.
What a mess...

You can tell that part is an utter bullshit, because GW doesn't allow their IP to be handled outside of their supervision and 40k liecense owned by Relic is for Relic only and exclusively, for that reason alone that rumor is bullshit.

CoH also equals relic, so that's another one and they would let go of it only in case of studio disbanding completely.
5 Mar 2019, 10:26 AM

the next Win 10 Updates will be included a possibilty to play XBOX Games at pc when im informed right... (its not that hard when u think abut it: the xbox has nearly 100% PC-Hardware with a windows based OS (virtuell machine))
5 Mar 2019, 11:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2019, 17:21 PMTobis
Completely unsubstantiated theory time.

AoE4 will be Victorian era up to ww1. AoE3 ended in about 1850, I think they will start off there again and then go 1875, 1900, 1920 getting more advanced each time. The game itself will release in early 2020.

CoH3 will follow that up in early 2021 as a WW2 game, keeping the timeline rolling. Relic has 2 teams, they already have the old DoW3 team doing preproduction for CoH3.

Is there any confirmation about AoE4 timeline? Don't think they would stop only in Victorian Era which let's be honest, isn't too encouraging for a big playerbase.

I would understand they will try rather reach mainly WW1-WW2 timeline therefore hard me to believe that Relic would release year after another game set in WW2. Not saying it's impossible, just unlikely. Coh3 would have to fight for a players with their own game - AoE4.

Of couse i can be wrong. Who knows what Relic acually plans.

About Microsoft, they will try to do everything that AoE4 will also hits Xbox. It's possible that they will try to release it with next gen of Xbox consols. Let's just hope it won't be exclusive to MicrosoftStore like Age of Empires 1 definitive edition
5 Mar 2019, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2019, 11:36 AMStark

About Microsoft, they will try to do everything that AoE4 will also hits Xbox. It's possible that they will try to release it with next gen of Xbox consols. Let's just hope it won't be exclusive to MicrosoftStore like Age of Empires 1 definitive edition

And... what was the last game published by MS that wasn't MS store exclusive?

Obviously, minecraft doesn't count.
5 Mar 2019, 19:49 PM

I
And... what was the last game published by MS that wasn't MS store exclusive?

Obviously, minecraft doesn't count.

For that reason alone their investment has already signed it's death warrant.

5 Mar 2019, 20:25 PM
Donator 11

I would take AoE4 being M$ Store exclusive as a given. At least as long as the game is good enough. If it flops like DoW3 did, they will have to release it on steam to get their money back.
5 Mar 2019, 21:43 PM

I would take AoE4 being M$ Store exclusive as a given. At least as long as the game is good enough. If it flops like DoW3 did, they will have to release it on steam to get their money back.

Yeaaaaaa, no.

DirectX 12, which ALL MS store win10 exclusives use.

So even if it would for whatever reason be launched on steam, you'd still have to have win10.
5 Mar 2019, 21:56 PM
Donator 11

Yeaaaaaa, no.

DirectX 12, which ALL MS store win10 exclusives use.

So even if it would for whatever reason be launched on steam, you'd still have to have win10.

The discussion was about M$ Store, not win10. Yes, win10 is a pain in the butt, but there are plenty of people who would prefer steam version of the game even though they have win10 already installed. Most cite convinience of having games in one place and M$ Store being generally not very intuitive and useful as their reasons.

The only upside of M$ Store, which is the xbox integration, is pretty much useless for rts players, as many of them don't own any consoles either way.

Being exclusive reduces audience among win10 users as well, even if they don't have to face as many new problems when they decide to get the game either way.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 39
France 26

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment