Login

russian armor

Veto maps

22 Feb 2019, 12:04 PM

Map favor specific faction so one has to veto map according to what faction ones plays. This is a process that one has to go thru if one changes faction after a game.

Would it be possible to have different map setting veto for Allies and Axis or for each faction?

24 Feb 2019, 21:55 PM

Permanently Banned
Another idea is that Ost gets 4 doctrines because it needs to face 3 factions. Initially I thought OKW should too but they don't even have that many docs, so I'm not sure about that. Plus Ost doesn't have any glaring OP docs unlike OKW's overwatch.
24 Feb 2019, 22:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2019, 12:04 PMVipper
Map favor specific faction so one has to veto map according to what faction ones plays. This is a process that one has to go thru if one changes faction after a game.

Would it be possible to have different map setting veto for Allies and Axis or for each faction?

If the number of vetoes itself is hardcoded, I doubt the game remembering vetoes on a faction basis is possible at this point. As far as I know, the patch team is pretty much limited to the mod tools at this point.
5 Mar 2019, 11:47 AM

Example : 11 maps. 5 favor allies, 5 favor axis. One is blank.
Axis vetoes the ones that favor allies.
Allies veto the ones that favor axis.
Both complain they never get a match...
... or that they always get the completely blank map.

They should allow us to veto every map at this point.
... All simulteanously, I mean.
5 Mar 2019, 11:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2019, 12:04 PMVipper

I am sure this would require a Relic coder... it's impossible to do for someone in the community.

But CoH3 definitely should have this feature.
5 Mar 2019, 11:58 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Example : 11 maps. 5 favor allies, 5 favor axis. One is blank.
Axis vetoes the ones that favor allies.
Allies veto the ones that favor axis.
Both complain they never get a match...
... or that they always get the completely blank map.

They should allow us to veto every map at this point.
... All simulteanously, I mean.

I am sure this would require a Relic coder... it's impossible to do for someone in the community.

But what is when all maps are in favour of axis/ allies?
Then every map is vetos in all.
--> Then you have no games at all....

Every map favours at some point closerange or longrange etc
5 Mar 2019, 12:24 PM

Vetos do NOT remove maps from your map pool, they simply put them on lowest possible priority.

If you have half maps on veto and teammates/opponents have other half, one map still needs to be played.

This is why if you play especially larger team games, you will eventually end up on maps you've had previously put veto on.

And its completely unneeded to have vetos bound to side as maps do not favor any side to an extend it would be auto win/loss, plus its not really a problem unless you're one of these weirdos who switch sides after every single game.
5 Mar 2019, 13:58 PM

I guess people who play only one faction consider others, that play all factions as weirdos.
5 Mar 2019, 14:18 PM

I find it amusingly hilarious that some people, despite literally living on forums struggle so much with reading comprehension and understand exclusively absolutes.
5 Mar 2019, 18:03 PM
Donator 11

Exactly right. They don't even consider UI improvements, otherwise they would have fixed the commander bug ages ago.

As for solutions in current game, simply don't use the vetos when you change factions a lot. It is a bit more of a challenge, but the game is much more interesting with more variety in maps and I guess variety is also the reason why players change factions a lot. That said I would love the feature in question to be in the game.

Btw. From my experience coh2 maps favour specific starting positions much more than they favour factions, as long as you are able do alter your build depending on a map. As you can't really veto half of the map, this fact leaves you with either not using vetoes, or using vetos the way they were designed: not to fit your faction, but personal preference.
6 Mar 2019, 18:20 PM

I think it'd be great to have a selection of vetos saved the same way you can save commanders/intel bulletins.
6 Mar 2019, 20:41 PM

The current veto system is still a bit of a mystery to me, so I'm not so sure.

When it comes to bias I find certain maps favor spawns more than particular factions. For example I think road to kharkov favors the South spawn.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★