Login

russian armor

Recon Support this patch

16 Feb 2019, 00:26 AM

Is this seriously an issue? I've been playing Recon for long before this patch, and every day since the patch and I never see USF players make more than 1 I&R Pathfinder. Myself I usually only made 1 per match, as my first unit so I could contend with OKW sturmpio rushes.

I really only think it needed a price increase, it is already a more expensive unit than Grens, and the cooldown is pretty ridiculous. Might as well just make it a 1CP unit and be done with it, and remove all 0CP units in general. I've honestly never really encountered the scenario you describe in the hundreds of matches I've played using Recon (that is spamming I&R Pathfinders), then again I'm mostly playing 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 not 1v1.

Other options they could have taken was moved the I&R Pathfinders sight range to 40 at vet0, and then 50 at vet1 or 2.

Anyways, I&R Pathfinder spam would be a hilariously bad strategy, as it would deprive you of grenades / snare and a core infantry unit, which you need Riflemen to fill in that void. Maybe instead they could have also limited USF players to only 1 I&R pathfinder squad at a time?

I mean there's so many options to balance this unit and they picked a very poor choice IMO.

Sanders dont play allies

He always just saying "axis view"

290mp for ir pathfinder?

what a ridiculous patch

Sanders, go to play recon support and comeback here
16 Feb 2019, 00:45 AM

While I'm quite happy with the changes, I think I&R paths cost are a tad bit too high me thinking more around 270-280mp.

There combat efficiency isn't as strong as people think and there barrage while potent is nearly unaffordable due to how extreme muni intense this commander is.

Also Raid is a joke.

Edit: just saw the pack neft, like wtf is that shit.

Agreed. I suggested earlier in the thread (before patch) that 270 or 280mp would be a reasonable price for I&Rs and yet they went up to 290 for some reason. They're really not that great of a unit, making more than 1 is a mistake IMO from much experience playing the commander, you're much better off getting 1 I&R and then riflemen after that.

I also agree that Raid tactics is useless, I don't think I've ever once used it when playing Recon. You simply do not have the ammo to use it in the first place with that commander because of how ammo-intensive its requirements are (200ammo to get Airborne and upgrade them for example). Thankfully, the other aspects of the commander made up for its uselessness.
16 Feb 2019, 03:19 AM

RIP Recon Support.
Didn't even last a week.
16 Feb 2019, 03:24 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

RIP Recon Support.
Didn't even last a week.

2 months of overwatch, one week of recon support :loco:
16 Feb 2019, 04:13 AM

RIP my lendlease ATG
16 Feb 2019, 04:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2019, 03:24 AMTobis

2 months of overwatch, one week of recon support :loco:

Remember they also nerfed Soviet AT Overwatch pretty fast, but left JLI as they were for a month, Classic.

16 Feb 2019, 05:50 AM

Guys, JLI is still overperfroming any other inf right now. 280 for JLI, 290 for much worse I &R Pathfinder.
16 Feb 2019, 06:36 AM

Permanently Banned
Allied players can suck it. They forgot that the Brum was triple nerfed to the ground in the hotfix and they still can't stop crying about JLI. I don't even play OKW so u can't say that I care. I'm just happy these allied crybabies are getting a taste of their own medicine.
16 Feb 2019, 06:54 AM

I can understand increasing the cost to match Airborne pathfinders but why the 50 second cooldown at start? Just when you give Relic credit to take things slow and incremental they pull this kind of stuff. The Pack Howie nerf is also kind of strange seeing as how it's not very meta.
16 Feb 2019, 06:55 AM

StuPa was preventing any kind of comeback by obliterating it's cheapest counters (ATGs)
JLIs pretty much ignore one of the game core mechanics (Cover)
Neither of these units dissapeared after their nerfs, for they still remain strong choices, maybe a bit too strong in certain situations.

RS got eviscerated and will likely vanish into nothingness after this change, which resulted into the Pack Howitzer getting nerfed too, for some unfathomable reason only Relic knows.
16 Feb 2019, 07:05 AM

The brumbar is trash now? I guess someone should tell the game...
16 Feb 2019, 07:06 AM

Allied players can suck it. They forgot that the Brum was triple nerfed to the ground in the hotfix and they still can't stop crying about JLI. I don't even play OKW so u can't say that I care. I'm just happy these allied crybabies are getting a taste of their own medicine.

I always enjoy how you call everybody crybabies despite the fact that you can't seem to get over the Brumbar nerf from over 2 months ago. But yes, I agree 100% with you that the Brumbar should totally have more armor than a Tiger at Vet 2 and really needed that extra 5 range to regularly 2 shot any infantry squad/ AT Gun. (Which it still does BTW).
16 Feb 2019, 07:44 AM

Honestly, this says alot about you.

I can understand increasing the cost to match Airborne pathfinders but why the 50 second cooldown at start? Just when you give Relic credit to take things slow and incremental they pull this kind of stuff. The Pack Howie nerf is also kind of strange seeing as how it's not very meta.

The only reason the pack might have been neft is because of its inclusion in the para-drop having paths to allow them to reinforce on the field which if so, is no way near a good enough reason considering the neft to paths and affecting the stock pack too. The Pack is um-believably to fragile now and dosnt gain really any benefits vetting up.

16 Feb 2019, 11:22 AM

I like idea with pack howitzer or even cost increase to pathfinders but 50sec cooldawn its too much. Change that to 30sec and we gut.
16 Feb 2019, 20:26 PM

Permanently Banned

I always enjoy how you call everybody crybabies despite the fact that you can't seem to get over the Brumbar nerf from over 2 months ago. But yes, I agree 100% with you that the Brumbar should totally have more armor than a Tiger at Vet 2 and really needed that extra 5 range to regularly 2 shot any infantry squad/ AT Gun. (Which it still does BTW).

The difference between getting one shotted and 2 shotted is massive. Any allied flame tank is better at killing at guns than a Brum now due to them all having more survivability and reliable damage. I'm just saying allied players are ungrateful for the fast nerfing of the Brum while things like the USF mortar took 3 patches to fully fix. I already got over the Brummbar, it's the allied scrubs that still complain JLI wasn't nerfed hard enought (ie. into the ground)
16 Feb 2019, 20:53 PM

The difference between getting one shotted and 2 shotted is massive. Any allied flame tank is better at killing at guns than a Brum now due to them all having more survivability and reliable damage. I'm just saying allied players are ungrateful for the fast nerfing of the Brum while things like the USF mortar took 3 patches to fully fix. I already got over the Brummbar, it's the allied scrubs that still complain JLI wasn't nerfed hard enought (ie. into the ground)

It might come as a shocker to you, but extremely spammable and extremely strong early game infantry which also ignores all kinds of cover have a tad more impact on the game then very late game unit.

Remember when penals and guards were top of the food chain?
The REEEEEEEEEEEEE from you had no end, so how about you stopped being a hypocrite and either focus on the actual thread or eat your own advice and show yourself to strategy desk.

Now, on the topic, I'm pretty confused about why PACK howi was nerfed, understand why it was added instead of ATG, but why the nerf is beyond me, it isn't exactly "tanky", is extremely situational and just doesn't have a place in game in current form at all with T0 mortar and T3 scott.
16 Feb 2019, 21:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2019, 20:53 PMKatitof

Now, on the topic, I'm pretty confused about why PACK howi was nerfed, understand why it was added instead of ATG, but why the nerf is beyond me, it isn't exactly "tanky", is extremely situational and just doesn't have a place in game in current form at all with T0 mortar and T3 scott.

it is called preventive nerf hammer.
ddd
16 Feb 2019, 21:48 PM

Can we just remove usf already. You are just scamming people who are paying money for that shit.
17 Feb 2019, 14:03 PM

Why adding the 50 sec cooldown?No one wants to build rifleman !!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 31
unknown 27
unknown 4
Russian Federation 80

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %