Login

russian armor

I think the comet tank is due for a buff.

PAGES (9)down
8 Feb 2019, 14:29 PM

Comet tanks are bad, until you get 2, then when you land 3 of them in the battlefield the game its over for your enemies and anyone in the server...
It reminds me of apocalypse tank of RA2. Simple mass them and stop the crap out of them...
Thats why its awful, because it CAN be spammed. It SHOULDNT be spammed, but thats not how this works, thats not how any of this works...
with regards 1v1 everyone agrees churchill does fit the bill, so i dont see the reason of OP complaints...

I miss the Apocalypse tank :( RIP Westwood Studio :(
8 Feb 2019, 14:32 PM

I miss the Apocalypse tank :( RIP Westwood Studio :(

But C&C is alive and well!
Don't you have a phone?
8 Feb 2019, 16:58 PM

But C&C is alive and well!
Don't you have a phone?

LOL
8 Feb 2019, 17:15 PM

It is like a Tiger, simply bad alone.

like @distrofio said, use the option to get a critical mass of them to perform better.
8 Feb 2019, 20:58 PM

Comet tanks are bad, until you get 2, then when you land 3 of them in the battlefield the game its over for your enemies and anyone in the server...
It reminds me of apocalypse tank of RA2. Simple mass them and stop the crap out of them...
Thats why its awful, because it CAN be spammed. It SHOULDNT be spammed, but thats not how this works, thats not how any of this works...
with regards 1v1 everyone agrees churchill does fit the bill, so i dont see the reason of OP complaints...

But then why would I not just get 2 churchills and a firefly? It would be a much better investment for the fuel cost.
8 Feb 2019, 20:59 PM

cause they are different tank, why pick panther/tiger when stugs and P4 exist ?
9 Feb 2019, 00:01 AM

A unit that has to be massed to be effective isn't good balance *cough maxim* and a unit being like that out of fear of it being massed, yet forced to be is just plain stupid
9 Feb 2019, 00:23 AM

A unit that has to be massed to be effective isn't good balance *cough maxim* and a unit being like that out of fear of it being massed, yet forced to be is just plain stupid

^That is extremely good comment.

Unless its osttruppen, osttruppen are pretty much meant to be massed, but most certainly not end game premium tier level tanks.
9 Feb 2019, 02:51 AM

+1

Big fax.
10 Feb 2019, 00:58 AM

How does its vet stack against the cromwell? I wouldn't see issue with mirroring it (the t34s are the same, commit to that sort of design) but for the price difference to the cromwell the comet is acceptable. It has the most armour of any medium now does it not?

As for the p4 and panther matchup, it shouldn't be a no Brainer no matter the enemy lineup, it will Excell against some builds and be less effective against others. Against panthers you would be better off with a churchill and firefly than comets and cromwell anyways, but against p4s you can do no better than the comet. I think that's reasonable.

Comet deals less dmg against Infantry than Panther or P4 (both mg upgraded of course). And lose to Panther in tank combat.
+ Comet does not have any fire rate bonus on vet.

I really don't see why brit player must go for comet with extra 50 fuel for tech and 185 fuel for the tank that only better thing than cromwell is armor.
10 Feb 2019, 02:00 AM

Comet deals less dmg against Infantry than Panther or P4 (both mg upgraded of course). And lose to Panther in tank combat.
+ Comet does not have any fire rate bonus on vet.

I really don't see why brit player must go for comet with extra 50 fuel for tech and 185 fuel for the tank that only better thing than cromwell is armor.

Andc range. And health. And pen. And abilities..
You are literally getting a cromwell that's wetter in ever metric except vet, which seems plenty reasonable to adjust.
10 Feb 2019, 02:15 AM

I think the biggest problem is pen and range for it (on anything better than p4). Granted I don't want Panther v Comet spam again. I'd either give it a range increase or better vet bonuses.
10 Feb 2019, 09:58 AM

Comet deals less dmg against Infantry than Panther

That isn't true, however Panther doesn't lag behind too far comet on AI performance.
10 Feb 2019, 13:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2019, 09:58 AMKatitof

That isn't true, however Panther doesn't lag behind too far comet on AI performance.
that's only with 0 cover, yellow cover cuts the panther dps by half and let's not talk about green; comet has no problem with those
10 Feb 2019, 14:46 PM

that's only with 0 cover, yellow cover cuts the panther dps by half and let's not talk about green; comet has no problem with those

With its 960 hp, it can without any thread of engine damage drive up point blank to all but AT squads with AT nades. After all, it'll be engine damaged only after 3rd AT nade or 240 damage.
10 Feb 2019, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2019, 14:46 PMKatitof

With its 960 hp, it can without any thread of engine damage drive up point blank to all but AT squads with AT nades. After all, it'll be engine damaged only after 3rd AT nade or 240 damage.

Yeah but that doesn't happen a lot. Too risky of a move without knowing whether there's other AT in the area except for maybe doing it defensively.

Comet just won't hit stuff at all behind cover though, it seems like. I'd only count on it killing infantry out in the open, and pretty slowly at that.
10 Feb 2019, 16:40 PM

Yeah but that doesn't happen a lot. Too risky of a move without knowing whether there's other AT in the area except for maybe doing it defensively.

Comet just won't hit stuff at all behind cover though, it seems like. I'd only count on it killing infantry out in the open, and pretty slowly at that.
???? scatter doesn't count cover, it is as good as P4 at least, they have same scatter and comet has more AOE
10 Feb 2019, 17:26 PM

???? scatter doesn't count cover, it is as good as P4 at least, they have same scatter and comet has more AOE

Yeah but it'll hit the cover instead of the squad. Same as every other tank though, that was just in response to the comment that the panther's dps is halved against inf in cover.

EDIT: Are you sure your stats are up to date? Because I'm looking at coh2db and the only thing I see in the comet's favor is that it does more far and mid AoE damage. If I'm reading it right, the comet seems to have more scatter and inferior AoE distances across the board. The comet's reload is also ~2 seconds slower and doesn't get any vet bonuses for firerate.
10 Feb 2019, 18:17 PM

Yeah but it'll hit the cover instead of the squad. Same as every other tank though, that was just in response to the comment that the panther's dps is halved against inf in cover.

EDIT: Are you sure your stats are up to date? Because I'm looking at coh2db and the only thing I see in the comet's favor is that it does more far and mid AoE damage. If I'm reading it right, the comet seems to have more scatter and inferior AoE distances across the board. The comet's reload is also ~2 seconds slower and doesn't get any vet bonuses for firerate.
not all cover bounce, and i get the stats from coh2db too
it says 6.3 aoe on p4 and 6.7 on comet
10 Feb 2019, 21:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

not all cover bounce, and i get the stats from coh2db too
it says 6.3 aoe on p4 and 6.7 on comet

And you know what that number means?

It would be easier and better to trace a line graph to see the damage dropoff of the AoE than saying that Comet or PIV have better AoE.

The PIV has a bigger LETHAL AoE
80 DMG distance0.88 vs 80 DMG distance1.13

But the Comet has ways to deal more reliable damage outside of it. That's what happens when you have a smaller near damage (0.25 vs 0.75) but a better damage profile (by seeing the dmg difference on the far region (32vs8)

For some reason all PIV variants are listed with damage all in hold at false. This means it should be doing less dmaage to garrisons compared to most if not all tanks.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS