Login

russian armor

rocket arty available earlier

20 Jan 2019, 21:09 PM

1v1s?
Whats your average opponents build order?

Next time you lose against okw, look at the buil order and try it yourself as Okw.
You should be able to figure the strenghts and weaknesses the build comes with
20 Jan 2019, 21:19 PM

Not a good idea. Rocket arty is a lategame thing, and should be tiemd as such. OKW stuka is an outlier but IMO its not a huge issue due to how their tech is set up (it's also on the more expensive side). In fact I think it'd actually be worse for balance if it was in t4 because it'd be to easily accessed IMO (not that it's all that hard to get to right now though).
20 Jan 2019, 21:54 PM

A big problem of early katy would be that you force a retreat, snare his luchs and you can just drive up the katy close to his base and rocket arti it. Later on you cant do such anymore, because of mines, oneshotting tanks, anti vehicle infantry, snares etc.
You could get cheesy wipes and win cheesy matches in 7minutes by doing that and that is not right.
21 Jan 2019, 01:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2019, 20:23 PMtank4

I still dont understand how rocket arty can be too powerful in 1v1. If someone doesn't blob arty units wont do much against single infantry units and light vehicles except maybe stuka.

It wouldn't just be in 1v1 tho, it'd be in every game mode.
21 Jan 2019, 03:06 AM

well you see plenty of people in teamgames dedicating everything they have to indirect fire. guess you wouldnt see a mg + 5 mortars build, followed by a arty rush in a 1v1
21 Jan 2019, 03:27 AM

The stuka should be locked until they get their flak setup. That is the only change to rocket arty that is needed.
21 Jan 2019, 03:29 AM

no it shouldnt
21 Jan 2019, 04:46 AM
Donator 11

I occasionally see walking stuka and kat but everything else is a hit or miss as far as being in 2v2s.
21 Jan 2019, 08:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2019, 20:03 PMtank4

tell me why it such a bad idea

Because lategame would escalate into artillery spam even faster, which is not fun
21 Jan 2019, 12:02 PM

The game devolves into an arty fest because it's one of the only remaining ways to ACTUALLY punish blobs, not just delay them and not all factions can even delay them with mgs. Same reason the sturmtiger used to be so good, same with the demo same with the brumm. As long as patches make it harder and harder to bleed the enemy in any meaningful way something that does will take the spot light. Luckily for blobbers everywhere we're almost out of tools to do that.
21 Jan 2019, 12:26 PM

The game devolves into an arty fest because it's one of the only remaining ways to ACTUALLY punish blobs, not just delay them and not all factions can even delay them with mgs. Same reason the sturmtiger used to be so good, same with the demo same with the brumm. As long as patches make it harder and harder to bleed the enemy in any meaningful way something that does will take the spot light. Luckily for blobbers everywhere we're almost out of tools to do that.

And why all of these things are getting nerfs?

Because there is some unspoken rule and conviction that if it has legs, it should never die.
Much more expensive vehicles? Who cares, let them be killed in seconds, but 240-280 mp infantry? No, nothing should be able to wipe them and they should always live through whole game because reasons.

Everything that is even remote threat to blobs is being nerfed into oblivion, yeah, if its good vs blob, its also good vs single squad, but in that case, maybe that other player should bring more of combined arms with some mechanized units instead of infantry megablob and they cry that expensive flamethrower tank or big boom gun killed that blob.
21 Jan 2019, 12:38 PM

I said it 5 times already, i say it again: Give units a debuff when being blobbed.
And fuck off with artillery, it ruins the game.

"Because there is some unspoken rule and conviction that if it has legs, it should never die.
Much more expensive vehicles? Who cares, let them be killed in seconds, but 240-280 mp infantry? No, nothing should be able to wipe them and they should always live through whole game because reasons."

dont know what this nonsense is supposed to mean but i know who wrote it so it has probably no meaning behind it to begin with
21 Jan 2019, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2019, 12:38 PMBaba
I said it 5 times already, i say it again: Give units a debuff when being blobbed.
And fuck off with artillery, it ruins the game.

"Because there is some unspoken rule and conviction that if it has legs, it should never die.
Much more expensive vehicles? Who cares, let them be killed in seconds, but 240-280 mp infantry? No, nothing should be able to wipe them and they should always live through whole game because reasons."

dont know what this nonsense is supposed to mean but i know who wrote it so it has probably no meaning behind it to begin with

Arty is valid, too much is obviously bad but back when it really impacted map control it was better balanced I think. Now it delays armour but doesn't impact the infantry play nearly as much. Arty should be a thing, but over use should be punished. If even consider hardcapping them tbh.

As for katitof's comment he's talking about how using a 90mu demo to kill a squad was game breaking and awful to the point that the demo has been removed from the game, but the 50mu teller still exists and is able to outright kill light armour. Both had the same counter, but one was cheaper and higher impact. It's true you couldn't keep a sweeper with every infantry squad to protect against demos but you also couldn't really spam demos due to their price. They were Soviets best blob counter and now they are useless. Yet teller remains.
21 Jan 2019, 15:13 PM

I have never in all my games ive played seen a teller mine wipe a squad.

Neither do i see it getting spammed. Do you know what mine i see a lot? the tm 35 mine. i myself had games where i had about 700 ammo as soviet and started planting mines because i didnt know what else to do. i played axis alot lately and and a ammow overflow is sth you dont come by easy. sure, you can plant 1 or 2 tellers, but you cannot cover the map like other low ammo cost mines can. for almost twice the ammo cost i think it deserves some punch. its not rare that a teller survives the game without even being triggered.
and they didnt remove the demo, its still an effective razing tool
21 Jan 2019, 17:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2019, 15:13 PMBaba
I have never in all my games ive played seen a teller mine wipe a squad.

Neither do i see it getting spammed. Do you know what mine i see a lot? the tm 35 mine. i myself had games where i had about 700 ammo as soviet and started planting mines because i didnt know what else to do. i played axis alot lately and and a ammow overflow is sth you dont come by easy. sure, you can plant 1 or 2 tellers, but you cannot cover the map like other low ammo cost mines can. for almost twice the ammo cost i think it deserves some punch. its not rare that a teller survives the game without even being triggered.
and they didnt remove the demo, its still an effective razing tool

Teller won't wipe a squad, it wipes light armour. Insta kill, gonzo. The tm-35 kills 2 models at most.

And the demo is a cost in effecient razing tool. Satchel is far quicker, cheaper,and on a squad you actually want. If the demo was actually removed vs nerfed into useless mess there would be zero impact in gameplay or balance. If it didn't exist nothing would change.... At all.
21 Jan 2019, 17:24 PM

It was stated earlier that Tellers are wiping squads when more or less accidentely detonated. in that regard people mentioned the missing nerf of damage dealt to infantry that other mines did experience.
The satchel everyone sees coming, the demo can be hidden.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 157
unknown 5
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak