Login

russian armor

The Overwatch Problem

PAGES (11)down
12 Jan 2019, 14:39 PM

overwatch seems to be a bit too strong at the moment with a combination of sector assault... free flares... goliaths... an LEFH.. for the fatherland... and of course JLI the cream of the crop... now i know a JLI nerf is definitely coming to tone it down but it seems the commander overall still seems a bit too powerful...

ideas

1. remove JLI from overwatch separate goliath from EWS
(probably the best option)

2. remove LeFH from overwatch separate goliath from EWS
(at least without the LEFH they dont punish UKF and USF soo heavily)
12 Jan 2019, 19:19 PM

Removing JLI would turn it into a buffed version of its old self, and JLI Spam would move to Scavenge.

I personally think that'd be a good thing. You could probably get away with a softer nerf to JLIs if they were Scavenge only again.
12 Jan 2019, 19:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2019, 19:19 PMLago
Removing JLI would turn it into a buffed version of its old self, and JLI Spam would move to Scavenge.

I personally think that'd be a good thing. You could probably get away with a softer nerf to JLIs if they were Scavenge only again.

Yeah IMO the doctrine is too versatile right now even without accounting for JLIs overperforming.

I still think JLIs are way too efficient for no reason though. They're also pretty tough for what is supposed to be a support/recon squad.
12 Jan 2019, 22:11 PM

Yeah, the problem ovewatch doctrine has is that it feels way to useful. I dont know about the lefh but all other abilities just makes sense and it feels good to have a commander you know you can use all abilities of and they are actually useful. I dont think hes OP, he s just too well rounded compared to others. I mean the flares alone make the commander viable
12 Jan 2019, 23:00 PM

If you can fix the sector assault nuke to be predictable, in other words so planes don't appear out of nowhere and bomb the other side of the map, then that ability would be fine as well. The problem isn't that it can kill clustered armies in a few seconds, the problem is you can't tell where or how it will go off, and once that ability is used it effectively means that sector and nearby is lava for 2 minutes.
12 Jan 2019, 23:21 PM

i like the sector assault alot. you blob you lose. that easy
13 Jan 2019, 00:04 AM

well the soviet demo was similar... but relic decided to make it useless...
13 Jan 2019, 00:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2019, 00:04 AMgbem

The Soviet demo was way cheaper, more consistant,used on smaller squads, and non doctrinal.
13 Jan 2019, 00:33 AM

The Soviet demo was way cheaper, more consistant,used on smaller squads, and non doctrinal.

True. True. True. Whats your conclusion?
13 Jan 2019, 00:44 AM

the soviet demo had to be planted... could be disarmed by sweepers and was vulnerable to arty... sector assault is consistent in landing its bombs and guaranteeing a minimum of 1 wiped squad...

if sector assault stays then the old demo must come back!
13 Jan 2019, 01:00 AM

I dont mind bringing back the old demo. I mean wheres the difference between getting wiped by a demo or a b4 shell. right, one needs good placement, the other just relies on RNG. Relic priorities :D
13 Jan 2019, 02:41 AM

Permanently Banned
13 Jan 2019, 04:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2019, 23:21 PMBaba
i like the sector assault alot. you blob you lose. that easy

It's fine if it punishes blobbing, the problem is the bombing plane can go way beyond the scope of the targeting circle.

If it comes, and you hit mass retreat, the bombing planes will drop bombs on your base.

The point I bring up again is that it's not _predicitable_, not that it does a ton of damage. The damage is fine, the difficulty in reading where the hell it's going isn't. You have to frantically move your units around for fear that they may have been targeted even if you shot the first plane down.
13 Jan 2019, 04:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2019, 14:39 PMgbem
overwatch seems to be a bit too strong at the moment with a combination of sector assault... free flares... goliaths... an LEFH.. for the fatherland... and of course JLI the cream of the crop... now i know a JLI nerf is definitely coming to tone it down but it seems the commander overall still seems a bit too powerful...

ideas

1. remove JLI from overwatch separate goliath from EWS
(probably the best option)

The problem is how op allies are
13 Jan 2019, 04:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2019, 01:00 AMBaba
I dont mind bringing back the old demo. I mean wheres the difference between getting wiped by a demo or a b4 shell. right, one needs good placement, the other just relies on RNG. Relic priorities :D

Well the problem was it was essentially a 90 muni free wipe... kinda a bit too powerful for 90 muni...

Same with sector assault... now its a 250 muni free wipe that suppresses... doesnt need to be planted and gives free recon...
13 Jan 2019, 04:25 AM

The problem is how op allies are

King tiger in the profile pic?... check... first post?... check... no playercard visible? Check... claims allies OP? Check

Probability of wehraboo identification 80%
13 Jan 2019, 08:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2019, 14:39 PMgbem

then be consistent and remove the gardening mortar pit as well
13 Jan 2019, 08:52 AM

then be consistent and remove the gardening mortar pit as well

last time ive seen a mortar bit barraging across the map was.. wait i havent.
The mortar pit is fine. i mean it makes up for brits inability of indirekt firing outside from doctrines and adds much needed utility with smoke.

the bofors on the other hand.. GOD DAMNIT RELIC
13 Jan 2019, 09:36 AM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2019, 04:25 AMgbem

King tiger in the profile pic?... check... first post?... check... no playercard visible? Check... claims allies OP? Check

Probability of wehraboo identification 80%

where is ur card? KappaClaus
13 Jan 2019, 11:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2019, 00:04 AMgbem

Spoken like a true ridiculously-biased, Soviet-only fanboi, who thinks "Soviet demos were okay". Instead of stopping blobs the old demos forced people to blob your cutoff 24/7, because all your infantry needed to stick close to your sweeper squad, or be instant-wiped. Trying to cap anywhere on the map was auto-lose since you can't have 3 or 4 sweeper squads running around - even if Axis factions had a 170mp 30muni sweeper squad the pop cap would be unsustainable. Oh and the best part was that each of those sweeper squads needed to be microed properly, or they themselves would get instant-wiped. Oh, and vehicles also took massive damage from demos, with many LVs being insta-gibbed.

1) You could only capture territory with engineer squads equipped with sweepers
2) You needed to manually watch over and micro your engineer each time you cap a territory
3) Your opponent could shift-click cap the whole map with 170mp units

Everyone in Top 50 and Top 100 was spamming demos because they were the current-patch equivalent JLI (which you spend all your time creating threads and raging about). The fact that you're so wilfully ignorant of how completely OP the old demos were only goes to once again prove your over-the-top bias.

PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak