Login

russian armor

Combat Engineers and its current state

10 Jan 2019, 12:08 PM

The only problem i have with them is that when you give them a sweeper right away (and sometimes you have to) it is so freaking hard to Vet them up.
10 Jan 2019, 12:35 PM

What veterancy bonuses do Combat Engineers get?

10 Jan 2019, 12:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2019, 12:35 PMLago
What veterancy bonuses do Combat Engineers get?

v1 Unlocks the 'Trip Wire Flares' ability
v2 +20% accuracy, +62.5% repair rate
v3 No longer takes extra damage while repairing, +15% accuracy, -15% cooldown

So pretty horrible bonuses to pretty horrible weapon and squad in the first place.
Ost pios also get them, but they have stronger weapon and additional bonus of extra vision out of the gate, making them perfect re-crew unit, while recrewing with CEs is worse option and more expensive one then recrewing with conscripts or penals.
DLC faction engineer bonuses are all overpowering in comparison + the fact that they can use weapon racks and get additional men(obviously excluding sturmpios, but their veterancy is stronger then mainline inf vet).
10 Jan 2019, 12:52 PM

In that case you could probably get away with giving Combat Engineers the extra vision and the base model stats of Conscripts.
10 Jan 2019, 12:56 PM

The CE reinforce allot cheaper than penals, so it cheaper option to recrew support weapons with them while they have small target size than Conscripts and are fine for re-crewing support weapons.
10 Jan 2019, 14:30 PM

No I mean the Conscript PPSh package which gives the PPSh upgrade to Conscripts can also give combat engineers an upgrade to shock trooper body armor because I also do believe that they'd be OP with a flamethrower and PPShs altho they could be made into exclusive upgrades or something.

Ahh okay, I misunderstood.
10 Jan 2019, 14:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2019, 12:52 PMLago
In that case you could probably get away with giving Combat Engineers the extra vision and the base model stats of Conscripts.

And increase the price ofc
10 Jan 2019, 14:42 PM

CE is fine

Real trash unit is rear echelon

Expensive cost, useless skill(volly fire), cant build 30muni mine...

10 Jan 2019, 14:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2019, 14:42 PMblancat
CE is fine

Real trash unit is rear echelon

Expensive cost, useless skill(volly fire), cant build 30muni mine...

And can carry 2 zooks, can get to 5 man, RETs might be pretty terrible out of the gate, but they actually scale well and are always useful later due to zooks.
10 Jan 2019, 15:08 PM

I'd like to see what a small amount of armour would look like on them. Something like 1.1 Soviet are supposed to be a faction built around durable infantry and CE fall flat there with little redeeming factors. That and reworking their rifles into the con version could be enough.
10 Jan 2019, 15:54 PM

And increase the price ofc

4/6ths of a Conscript squad is 160. 190 seems fair given their repair utility.
10 Jan 2019, 16:14 PM

A crazy idea here:

Why don't we merge CE and Conscript into one unit? A lot of Sov players complain about Conscript these days.
10 Jan 2019, 20:03 PM

ye and how about we give conscripts the ablity to build svts and dps? and equip them with bundle grenades? i mean they would still die like flies after but atleast they are more versatile and have more abilities than they already do

oh, and make ptrs and anti tank nades (the meme creating ones) non doctrinal.
since were already at it, lets also give them the ability to call in airstrikes, on a same level as ir pathfinders but for free
10 Jan 2019, 23:22 PM

Multiple commanders give the repair kit to conscripts already, and they can place trip wire flares. Tank hunter also gives them the mini anti-vehicle mine.

I think if anything the conscript support package ability could be buffed a bit to make it more desirable.
11 Jan 2019, 00:49 AM

CE aint broke. Dont fix them. If you want a close combat unit, get shocks. Doctrinal ppsh can do the job too. SU is quite flexible nowdays, dont push that line even further for no reason
11 Jan 2019, 01:42 AM

CE are not fine I can't think of a single instance playing as any faction where I thought to myself "ah too bad I don't have CE" there's nothing unique about them except their cost, as if you would want to pop out a bunch... Pios are worth easily 2x as much as CE since they are a threat in combat who can flank, can do all the same utilities that CE, still build Bunkers, heal allied troops... There is no way in HELL CE are worth 85% what pios are. But Soviet t0 is the single most ineffecient tier in the entire game so maybe being garbage with no redeeming qualities is just a trait.
11 Jan 2019, 01:50 AM
Patrion 14

they are fine
11 Jan 2019, 03:16 AM

CE are not fine I can't think of a single instance playing as any faction where I thought to myself "ah too bad I don't have CE" there's nothing unique about them except their cost, as if you would want to pop out a bunch... Pios are worth easily 2x as much as CE since they are a threat in combat who can flank, can do all the same utilities that CE, still build Bunkers, heal allied troops... There is no way in HELL CE are worth 85% what pios are. But Soviet t0 is the single most ineffecient tier in the entire game so maybe being garbage with no redeeming qualities is just a trait.

you seem to have some serious axis fanboyism there... I cant agree with none of the things you say, neither SU T0 is utterly trash (maybe you are using them wrong, who cares) or axis facts you say are in a modded game. Neither pios are that good, and the only thing they do have is a short range weapon, but its a short lived advantage and allied engineers have more utility.
11 Jan 2019, 03:35 AM

I don't think there was any axis fanboyism in that post...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★