Login

russian armor

Motherland HMGs rework

7 Jan 2019, 00:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2019, 13:30 PMVipper

Then all faction need similar tools do deal with HMG and similar mainline infantry.

HMG42 is better than other HMG by design.

Maxim could use have the vet 1 ability move to vet 0 and make it improve with each vet level.

Yeah when riflemen and sections can actually clear garrisons we can buff axis mgs' suppression up to decent leve- oh wait...
7 Jan 2019, 00:34 AM

IMO this suggestion is a lot more convoluted than needed. I think maxim just needs a suppression buff since it has a smaller arc than other mgs and doesn't really do more damage or anything, even taking into account that it's six men.

+1
7 Jan 2019, 00:41 AM

Yeah when riflemen and sections can actually clear garrisons we can buff axis mgs' suppression up to decent leve- oh wait...

But rifleman can easily clear garrisons.

RE comes up and fire a smoke grenade, rifles throw 2 nades. If you dont want to use RE, you can also use LT, Captain, Majors to do it.

T0 mortars, Pack Howitzers, mortar halftracks in a few doctrine... Come on, dont give me that "HERP DERP USF CANT CLEAR GARRISONS".

----------

*UKF is kinda sad tho.
7 Jan 2019, 00:56 AM

But rifleman can easily clear garrisons.

RE comes up and fire a smoke grenade, rifles throw 2 nades. If you dont want to use RE, you can also use LT, Captain, Majors to do it.

T0 mortars, Pack Howitzers, mortar halftracks in a few doctrine... Come on, dont give me that "HERP DERP USF CANT CLEAR GARRISONS".

----------

*UKF is kinda sad tho.

Easily clear garrisons for 75 muni after a sidetech and using 3 squads? Aight. Compare that to just waltzing up to a mg firing from max range and flamenading it though, or at least being able to use flamethrowers on it in pretty much the same fashion

I guess you are right that USF as a faction has enough garrison clearing tools though.
7 Jan 2019, 01:02 AM

Easily clear garrisons for 75 muni after a sidetech and using 3 squads? Aight. Compare that to just waltzing up to a mg firing from max range and flamenading it though, or at least being able to use flamethrowers on it in pretty much the same fashion

I guess you are right that USF as a faction has enough garrison clearing tools though.

Replace RE smoke with mortar and you can achieve the same result.

In fact you can literally just mortar the thing out with your glorious T0 mortar.

Sorry for coming off as a bit abrasive, I just wanted to get the point across that USF have plenty of tools to make things get out of buildings.
7 Jan 2019, 02:42 AM

Replace RE smoke with mortar and you can achieve the same result.

In fact you can literally just mortar the thing out with your glorious T0 mortar.

Sorry for coming off as a bit abrasive, I just wanted to get the point across that USF have plenty of tools to make things get out of buildings.

True, they do have the tools; they exist. Point I was trying to make was that in many cases its a lot easier/cheaper as axis to clear garrisons especially against machineguns that take literally 2 entire bursts to suppress if RNGesus isn't feeling particularly generous.

And meanwhile UKF...
7 Jan 2019, 03:20 AM

True, they do have the tools; they exist. Point I was trying to make was that in many cases its a lot easier/cheaper as axis to clear garrisons especially against machineguns that take literally 2 entire bursts to suppress if RNGesus isn't feeling particularly generous.

And meanwhile UKF...

meanwhile UKF indeed......
7 Jan 2019, 10:06 AM

My point is simply, the idea that all HMG should be of equal power in different factions facing, is simply flawed.

As for the VG grenade it should simply be replaced by a frag grenade.
7 Jan 2019, 12:27 PM

Equal power? No... equal viability? Yes... the maxim is not viable and requires buffs
7 Jan 2019, 14:13 PM

The only things maxims need is a man reduction to 5 men.

No faction should ever have 6 men weapon teams its just broken.
7 Jan 2019, 14:33 PM

No faction ever should have stock heavy tank, its just broken.
No faction ever should have unlocked weapon upgrade or grenades without paying additional menpower and fuel.
No faction ever should have access to map hack vehicle that ignores LOS blockers.
No faction ever should have access to durable forward structures you can reinforce at.
No faction ever should just have access to anti tank gun from start of the game, regardless of tech.
No faction ever should be allowed to upgrade weapons on enemy territory.
Or, now pay attention, all factions should have something unique for them that no other faction gets.
7 Jan 2019, 14:33 PM

+1
7 Jan 2019, 14:41 PM

how about we just remove hmgs from the game?
i mean surpression is buggy, incomprehensible and just annoying. we would do ourselfes a favor^^
7 Jan 2019, 14:51 PM

I cant agree anymore with you Katitof

No faction ever should have stock heavy tank, its just broken.

And it got trash-nerfed. Wait, does that still counts? Ahh Its a broken sink of resources, now i understand.

No faction ever should have unlocked weapon upgrade or grenades without paying additional menpower and fuel.

So you're saying that SU shoulnt have weapon upgrades?

No faction ever should have access to map hack vehicle that ignores LOS blockers.

Old valentine had that pudding, glad it got nerfed...

No faction ever should have access to durable forward structures you can reinforce at.

Yeah UKF fordward post is BS, and ambulance wtf, does it create soldiers inside the truck? (+18)

No faction ever should just have access to anti tank gun from start of the game, regardless of tech.

Yeah those guard troops really do some damage without any kind of upgrade, no tech neede neither.

No faction ever should be allowed to upgrade weapons on enemy territory.

But man, paratroopers are so fun to use! Why so much hate on Allied factions!

Or, now pay attention, all factions should have something unique for them that no other faction gets.

Yeah, the game you ask is quite boring, not even mentioning that is all the same, just better/worse clones of each other, it must be because people complaint because the game is unbalaced, blabla...
7 Jan 2019, 15:07 PM

As a crazy experiment I would try giving the Dshk high (long range) DPS but very low suppression, to make them sort of like an Obers squad. Supplement the Cons or Penals with long range damage without being forced to pick a Guards commander.

As far as the Maxim goes I would just like to see the squad go down to 5 men so the gun can get some better stats.
7 Jan 2019, 15:59 PM

Maybe all that maxims need is a suppression buff and the vet1 ability of penals, as they loose models the remaining ones get RA and the burst last longer... Like a last standing mechanic. Although moving buffs and set up buff could be added too
7 Jan 2019, 16:01 PM

it just doesnt need a buff
7 Jan 2019, 19:51 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2019, 16:01 PMBaba
it just doesnt need a buff

This. I think mg-42 should be buffed instead to have old maxim setup time and 6-man
7 Jan 2019, 19:55 PM

Can somebody PLEASE fix that damn retreat mechanic for maxims, JESUS CHRIST!
7 Jan 2019, 20:01 PM

What if the set up time remains the same BUT the pickup time is instant? It would both fix the deathloop and also "buff" maxims durability
(in the end no one really wants to steal a maxim)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★