Login

russian armor

Dropping mp price on the maxim and the soviet mortar.

4 Jan 2019, 05:12 AM

? Maxims were spammed because they would dumpster OKW where cons didn't. If we need cons to dumpster OKW as well I don't think you're in for a good reply.

Cons shouldnt dumpster okw... but likewise they should be VIABLE... but theyre not... they simply cannot compete with vg..
Giving them a nondoc weapon upgrade isnt too much to ask...
4 Jan 2019, 09:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2019, 00:19 AMVipper

Pre-nerf Dhsk had something like 70 DPS close so no it should no it should not be reverted. A slight buff might be OK but its DPS was simply too high.

The maxim I would test having its vet 1 ability scale with veterancy gaining lower reload with each vet level.

And incendiary rounds HMG42 got 80+ dps.
Close range DPS of HMG is as irrelevant as it could possibly be, because that's not the place you'll have your infantry shot at 99% of the time and if it is, you might stop walking up into the arc of deployed HMG at point blank range.

Plus, DSHK had literally all of its stats nerfed hard, not just DPS, making it most expensive and most cost inefficient HMG in game.

I'd argue if maxim or dshk is most useless one for the cost as both do not perform at all.

However, before buffing maxim, I'd first beat some sense into relic and made conscripts actually scale, without that it will ALWAYS be penals or maxim spam into elite infantry instead of cons being supported by a pair of maxims or penals.
4 Jan 2019, 09:55 AM

Maxim is not good atm. But sov is the most flexible and strongest Faction overall, so any maxim buff needs a nerf in some other aspect i fear
4 Jan 2019, 09:57 AM

And incendiary rounds HMG42 got 80+ dps.

A) You are comparing and vet timed ability with vanilla DPS of Dshk which is simply misleading.
B)Your stat seem to be wrong pls provide source

Plus, DSHK had literally all of its stats nerfed hard, not just DPS, making it most expensive and most cost inefficient HMG in game.

The suggestion was to revert change and that would mean also the DPS and that would simply be wrong unless in your opinion the DShk should have that high DPS.

I have to point out that the high DPS was actually due to an intentional change by Relic during a patch. (ninja buff)

However, before buffing maxim, I'd first beat some sense into relic and made conscripts actually scale, without that it will ALWAYS be penals or maxim spam into elite infantry instead of cons being supported by a pair of maxims or penals.

I would wish you good luck with that but I am against violence.
5 Jan 2019, 00:11 AM

I do think the outcome of this poll is very plain. As I write its 20:6 for a buff of the maxim (votes for stats buff and mp reduction counted together) and 20:8 for the mortar to leave alone in its current state. So there seems to be an agreement across faction borders about the performance of this units. Just interesting that it is not always about onesided fanboy op/up whining.
5 Jan 2019, 00:34 AM

Maxim definitely needs a price decrease. Personally I use it in pairs with Cons to try add another build to my 1v1 Sov lineup. Versus OST it works wonders as long they dont have Storms but versus OKW is plain suicide as they can just overwhelm you with pure numbers if the Maxims are caught in the open.
10 Jan 2019, 20:14 PM

Maxim definitely needs a price decrease. Personally I use it in pairs with Cons to try add another build to my 1v1 Sov lineup. Versus OST it works wonders as long they dont have Storms but versus OKW is plain suicide as they can just overwhelm you with pure numbers if the Maxims are caught in the open.

no it definitely doesnt.
11 Jan 2019, 04:41 AM

The maxim is the worst hmg ingame... do you just wanna play an ost stompfest against sov t2 or something?

Baba try a few games playing as the soviets going t2 and you might understand why the maxim sucks balls
11 Jan 2019, 14:23 PM

Lower mp cost will simply encourage spam and get it nerfed further. We need to go in the other direction. Embrace the strength of the 6 man crew and stop trying to balance it against mgs that only have 4 men for the same cost. Make it 300mp and suppress. Can't spam it but it does its fucking job for once
11 Jan 2019, 22:18 PM

Lower mp cost will simply encourage spam and get it nerfed further. We need to go in the other direction. Embrace the strength of the 6 man crew and stop trying to balance it against mgs that only have 4 men for the same cost. Make it 300mp and suppress. Can't spam it but it does its fucking job for once

Finally someone who understands, thank you gracious sir
12 Jan 2019, 05:35 AM

Change the arc back to what it originally wise, and lower the cost 10mp. It’s still so ridiculous on so many maps, especially since they are so damned hard to kill, unlike the MG42 which almost always dies on retreat if they catch a Moloto or have 2 models or fewer left..

I wouldn’t say anything else needs changing, the problem is OKW has problems getting around multiple maxims to toss a nade whereas Ostheer can rifle nade while suppressed. Can really not see why anyone thinks they need to be cheaper unless slightly nerfed, Soviet has no problem ever with manpower. Alternatively, you could raise the cost of the Zis so light vehicles are more of a problem for them.
12 Jan 2019, 08:24 AM

Change the arc back to what it originally wise, and lower the cost 10mp. It’s still so ridiculous on so many maps, especially since they are so damned hard to kill, unlike the MG42 which almost always dies on retreat if they catch a Moloto or have 2 models or fewer left..

You spelled maxim, volks flame nade, maxim death loop and 5 models wrong.

I wouldn’t say anything else needs changing, the problem is OKW has problems getting around multiple maxims to toss a nade whereas Ostheer can rifle nade while suppressed. Can really not see why anyone thinks they need to be cheaper unless slightly nerfed, Soviet has no problem ever with manpower. Alternatively, you could raise the cost of the Zis so light vehicles are more of a problem for them.

I honestly can't see how nerfing it even more with irrelevant cost decrease would affect anything but last 2 players trying to actually use the damn thing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★