Login

russian armor

Feelings after the Decemberpatch

PAGES (10)down
4 Jan 2019, 02:46 AM

One could say its unacceptable for elite assault engineers, special assault forces armed with M3a1 grease guns to not deal with a mainline infantry whether they are in cover or not. Its simply not acceptable for any American such low performance...

haha and i agree with you ageeing with me about the topic we agree with.
4 Jan 2019, 05:54 AM

Skip to the bottom to hear my on-topic response
--------------------------------------------------------------------
jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2019, 17:43 PMVipper

And USF have fighting positions and hmg that easy accessible

And USF have T0 mortar that counter the T0 HMG.

USF mortar is almost identical to the Ostheer one, especially give the different squad sizes.

In addition they have the pack howi that is very power even more so with white phosphorous (combine with critical kill weapon for extra fan)

And grenadiers are locked behind T1 that does not come with free bazooka squad.

Actually plenty of competition especially given price episodically anything medium and bellow (if one uses AP rounds it counter mediums and AP )

Only that armor is not that superior.

Now compare them with assault grenadier that have the same price are doctrinal and CP 0 and you will find them OP

First, Id just like to address that OST T1 building Will a vast majority of the time be built as soon as the game starts, giving you access to mortars and grens, as well as snipers, Which will counter AssEngies and any support squad.

FPs:
Squishy and the HMG doesnt do all that much damage/Supression. They're only meant for a deterrent, not to completely secure a point, and Echelon nade launchers are inaccurate as all buggery. If you're having problem with FPs, its not a balance issue. (Volks just drop fire nades, ISGs completely destroy it, Engi flamers destroy it). Not to mention, they're a stationary position, and can be built from the start, LIKE OST bunkers, and OST bunkers take a lot more to destroy.

USF mortars:
Do in fact have less range than OST mortars, and are less accurate, and OST Mortars have access to counter battery at veterancy. besides this, there is more value in a rifle squad than a mortar, and if mgs really do become a problem, an early grenade unlock is often preferable. (access to smoke and frags.)
The pack howie is not a viable answer to early MGs and will only become viable if you're teching captain first as well as being newly locked behind 2 upgrades (captain, then Command post unlock), And Phosphorous is Vet 1, which can either take a long time or a very short time, depending on how its positioned. in addition to this, assuming you've teched LT over captain, you will not likely see a howie until after a Major is on the field (LT+Major then Captain).

Grens:
LTs do not come with a free zook, it cost 50 muni to upgrade, and seriously decreases the DPS of the squad. Whereas, Grens, 60 muni=one of the best weapons in the game. and incidentally Shreds Assault engineers. In addition to that, They have Faust which is basically a cheap snare with a reasonable range and will not be canceled even if the target leaves vision, and Rifle grenades that do superb amounts to units in cover-and support squads!

Armor:
Pardon me for laughing, but if you believe USF armor is superior to OST armor you're mental XD

However, disregard this to stay on topic.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

back on topic, As it I save stated previously, Its a race to whoever gets to cover first. assault engineers will almost always trade down if they are not in cover first, they are a rather squishy unit that has a pretty expensive reinforcement cost. Not to mention the rest of the commander is nothing overly amazing, and is rather average.

I do not believe in the slightest AssEngies are Overpowered, they are competetitve now which is what seems to be a problem for a lot of people. however I do agree that the MP cost should slightly be ramped up to 290 or 300 at MOST. Another fix is give the extra member to its vet 1 bonus, but reduce the requirements for vet 1.
4 Jan 2019, 09:19 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Holidays are over and relic +the team is already working for the next hotfix patch.
Thx for the vote on the poll and the discussions and ideas!
4 Jan 2019, 09:22 AM

USF mortars:
Do in fact have less range than OST mortars, and are less accurate, and OST Mortars have access to counter battery at veterancy. besides this, there is more value in a rifle squad than a mortar, and if mgs really do become a problem, an early grenade unlock is often preferable. (access to smoke and frags.)

However, disregard this to stay on topic.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will stand only on this point since stats simply do not lie
That scatter values of the 2 mortars are identical
Scatter
Scatter angle 10 Distance offset 0 Distance ratio 0.08 Distance max 8
If you want debate anything else pls start another thread.

back on topic, As it I save stated previously, Its a race to whoever gets to cover first. assault engineers will almost always trade down if they are not in cover first, they are a rather squishy unit that has a pretty expensive reinforcement cost. Not to mention the rest of the commander is nothing overly amazing, and is rather average.

Not really Assault want to get close and bellow range 10 the point blank mechanism kicks in that makes cover useless.

I do not believe in the slightest AssEngies are Overpowered, they are competetitve now which is what seems to be a problem for a lot of people. however I do agree that the MP cost should slightly be ramped up to 290 or 300 at MOST. Another fix is give the extra member to its vet 1 bonus, but reduce the requirements for vet 1.

Then I suggest you play a game with you a friend of yours where you spam assault grenadiers vs his assault engineers and see who wins.
4 Jan 2019, 14:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If they have less range, at equal scatter values, they should still be less accurate. On the other hand, that difference should be minimal for it to basically don't matter.
4 Jan 2019, 14:08 PM

If they have less range, at equal scatter values, they should still be less accurate.

Not really since the distance is within the equation that calculates scatter, that work only for weapon that use accuracy not for artillery weapons.

Difference in range is also 5 and not that important.
4 Jan 2019, 14:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2019, 14:08 PMVipper

Not really since the distance is within the equation that calculates scatter, that work only for weapon that use accuracy not for artillery weapons.

Difference in range is also 5 and not that important.

As i said, difference is minimal, but the values on scatter should vary if you are calculating it with 75 range or 80 range for a weapon with 80 range max.

Or the scatter possible area on which the shell will land is exactly the same at 75 and 80 range?
4 Jan 2019, 15:17 PM

As i said, difference is minimal, but the values on scatter should vary if you are calculating it with 75 range or 80 range for a weapon with 80 range max.

Or the scatter possible area on which the shell will land is exactly the same at 75 and 80 range?

the scatter area is decided by the range the unit fires.

for more in scatter area here:

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/231279/a-guide-to-d-p-s-basics#latest
4 Jan 2019, 17:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Nvm i understood you were referring to something else.
For others readings, equation is way simpler than DPS calculations cause values are static, having the only value changing been the distance.

Both USF mortar and OH mortar have the same scatter at range 75 for AUTOFIRE. (Barrage has different values).

4 Jan 2019, 17:48 PM

Nvm i understood you were referring to something else.
For others readings, equation is way simpler than DPS calculations cause values are static, having the only value changing been the distance.

Both USF mortar and OH mortar have the same scatter at range 75 for AUTOFIRE. (Barrage has different values).

Comparing them from how often I steal the Wehr Mortar as USF, I feel the Wehr Mortar Barrage has much better scatter, the USF Mortar barrage is only good vs houses, buildings and green cover.
4 Jan 2019, 22:02 PM

dunno if this is the right section, or was it mentioned, but valentine concetration ability doesnt work
4 Jan 2019, 23:34 PM

I have to disagree with sextons being fine.
They were already tweaked prior to patch release, and they are still overperforming, it's just that they haven't been used a lot since then, maybe most didn't catch on their actual performance?

I don't know how they do in 2v2, but in 1s they definitely do extra damage on a map like crossroads, where flares reveal a great portion of the opponent's side.

Whether it's a flare or sexton issue, I don't know, but if something is not quite right with this doctrine.
Valentine spam might be a new strat, being abusive or not, I don't think it's OP.

The sexton just wrecks ostheer.
5 Jan 2019, 00:09 AM

dunno if this is the right section, or was it mentioned, but valentine concetration ability doesnt work

I've noticed that too. You might want to put it in the bugs thread also created by sturmpanther.

IMO OKW's overwatch sector assault is a bit ridiculous at the moment. It's much better than any of the other CAS abilities since it has planes that pin infantry and bombs that have a good chance of killing anything and everything in the ability when they come down, and it's rather hard to escape soemtimes even if you retreat right away because its range is massive for some reason (it must be a bug because the minimap circle is much smaller than the actual ability). It's really broken in any teamgames IMO.
6 Jan 2019, 04:49 AM

Completely forgot about the Sherman bulldozer and the m10 lol.

No one cares about them, probably not even worth mentioning.
6 Jan 2019, 05:43 AM

Completely forgot about the Sherman bulldozer and the m10 lol.

No one cares about them, probably not even worth mentioning.

people in this forum dont play usf and only play axis
How did they know? M10? Bulldozer? What is it? ^^

They also said JLI need to be Op and AE is too op
AE get win from their 'free super pio', So they can see only AE not whole faction

6 Jan 2019, 06:42 AM
Donator 11

Stug-E is basicly USELESS now... was the change to them supposed to be a buff? Their slow rate of fire and low damage... why would i ever pay for that crap? The change was obviously made by a allied player in the mod team.
6 Jan 2019, 08:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2019, 06:42 AMspajn
Stug-E is basicly USELESS now... was the change to them supposed to be a buff? Their slow rate of fire and low damage... why would i ever pay for that crap? The change was obviously made by a allied player in the mod team.

The unit received a number of buff and more consistent damage. I actually use it more now, since it easier to keep alive.
6 Jan 2019, 09:09 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2019, 08:24 AMVipper

The unit received a number of buff and more consistent damage. I actually use it more now, since it easier to keep alive.

It was no problem to have stug-E deal consistant good damage before the patch if you simply had the tank stationary. Now even hits does not even kill models and it still misses a fair bunch... not to mention its slow rate of fire make it useless... there will never be a case where StugE will be a better choice than an ostwind or p4 now.
6 Jan 2019, 09:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2019, 09:09 AMspajn

It was no problem to have stug-E deal consistant good damage before the patch if you simply had the tank stationary. Now even hits does not even kill models and it still misses a fair bunch... not to mention its slow rate of fire make it useless... there will never be a case where StugE will be a better choice than an ostwind or p4 now.

Try make two they are really strong if u have good micro, maybe even two stugE are better than one brumbar
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 49
unknown 15
Germany 7
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W