Login

russian armor

cavalry riflemen

15 Dec 2018, 21:57 PM

No, it is different. Players who use M3 or carrier can not capture so they use most time to drive off OKW infantry and play boldlier. Raketen's short range only good at hunting aggressive unit not at cautious one. Besides, M3 or carrier always combine with a flame thrower, this makes them effective range shorter so Raketen can ambush them easier.

M3 cost fuel so it should perform much better than wc51s. Universal carrier can not cap, so wc51s should have worse armor than universal carrier

That's just all excuses of a bad player.
I've countred M3s and had my M3s countered by puppchen many times, its perfectly possible and M3 is a combat unit on top, you're just making excuses, you have a hardcounter right there, you specifically choose not to use it, its not balance matter, its lack of skill matter.

USF vehicles can ALWAYS cap, ALL OF THEM, because VEHICLE CREWS, so that argument is completely irrelevant. Dodge presence also means LESS FIREPOWER on USF side at the time, you can build ONE KUBELWAGEN and it'll HARDCOUNTER LONE DODGE because it can FIRE and dodge CAN NOT at start, so it is YOU who can be aggressive here, not USF player.

And Dodge HAS worse armor then both M3 and UC.

At this point with what was already explained to you(twice at least), you're just dense or in denial about how you should provided tools.
15 Dec 2018, 21:59 PM

Sturms can easily ambush it.
3 volks can push it away by sheer volume of fire too.

Nope, I just tested in cheat mode. It takes roughly 9 seconds for a sturmpion squad to take out a wc51s at range 0.

I think it is your problem that you expose your wc51s in the face of a sturmpion squad for 9 seconds.
15 Dec 2018, 22:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2018, 21:57 PMKatitof

That's just all excuses of a bad player.
I've countred M3s and had my M3s countered by puppchen many times, its perfectly possible and M3 is a combat unit on top, you're just making excuses, you have a hardcounter right there, you specifically choose not to use it, its not balance matter, its lack of skill matter.

USF vehicles can ALWAYS cap, ALL OF THEM, because VEHICLE CREWS, so that argument is completely irrelevant. Dodge presence also means LESS FIREPOWER on USF side at the time, you can build ONE KUBELWAGEN and it'll HARDCOUNTER LONE DODGE because it can FIRE and dodge CAN NOT at start, so it is YOU who can be aggressive here, not USF player.

And Dodge HAS worse armor then both M3 and UC.

At this point with what was already explained to you(twice at least), you're just dense or in denial about how you should provided tools.

Sorry, I ceded here. Dodge has worse armor. I tested in cheat mode. It takes roughly 14 seconds for a sturmpion squad to take out a universal carrier.

Thanks for the advice. I didn't realize that I can use Kubel counter Dodge.
16 Dec 2018, 04:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2018, 13:08 PMKatitof
Also, you're greatly over exaggerating the effectiveness of cav rifles, they are pretty much USF assault grenadiers

Get a grip pal. That's so wrong its unfunny. Cav rifles are amazing CQB units. They shit all over every single unit that OKW has. Including 5 man MP40 volks squads. You might be getting them confused with the 0 CP assault engineers who are slightly better assault grenadiers with a flamer and no grenades. OKW struggles with early game CQB units as they have no suppression before 1st truck. Although from your post history, I'm not surprised that you don't know how any of the units in this game work.
16 Dec 2018, 04:33 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2018, 04:21 AMNaOCl

Get a grip pal. That's so wrong its unfunny. Cav rifles are amazing CQB units. They shit all over every single unit that OKW has. Including 5 man MP40 volks squads. You might be getting them confused with the 0 CP assault engineers who are slightly better assault grenadiers with a flamer and no grenades. OKW struggles with early game CQB units as they have no suppression before 1st truck. Although from your post history, I'm not surprised that you don't know how any of the units in this game work.

Okay duded check its at the table.

USF doesn't get early suppression either so idk what LARP that is. MP40s suck as their damage is super low and IMO it would be better to use the STG upgrade as a reference, 0cp ass engs ofc are better as they have a 5th man but their DPS sucks plus a flamer is a situational item that can either hurt or benefit depending on cover and unit positions.

Im not sure if its been mentioned however that cav riflemen on their commander card are 3cp but come out at 1 so it could be a bug.
16 Dec 2018, 04:56 AM

funny thing is, almost nobody had problem with Kubel with suppression and it took like 2 years to "fix" it.
USF had to have Mechanized Company just to get WC51 to counter them.

Sturmpios are given unit and have 4 stgs.
and now you have problem with M3 grease gun commander unit? sure..
16 Dec 2018, 05:14 AM

Not sure if you guys are really comparing Kubel with the Jeep. One is trash and trades early game combat presence for capping really fast, and the other is a troop transport which has serious wiping potential as well as a very decent lmg upgrade which contributes a fair amount of bleed.

I didn't compare them. I literally just gave reasons why you shouldn't compare them.

Then you decided to explain that a more expensive doctrinal unit performs better than a cheaper stock one. What a revelation.
16 Dec 2018, 05:48 AM

I'm pretty sure the wc51s armor is worse than the m3 even. Seems that almost every shot penetrates.

It does, we compared it (2s partner and i) m3 armpr is faster abd superior, and comes out only a little later
16 Dec 2018, 06:05 AM

I didn't compare them. I literally just gave reasons why you shouldn't compare them.

Then you decided to explain that a more expensive doctrinal unit performs better than a cheaper stock one. What a revelation.

Pretty sure a whole bunch of the usual "Axis OP" screamers did. In any case, I'm not even entirely sure about cav riflemen strength at this point, since their stats aren't on the spreadsheet.
16 Dec 2018, 09:26 AM

Pretty sure a whole bunch of the usual "Axis OP" screamers did. In any case, I'm not even entirely sure about cav riflemen strength at this point, since their stats aren't on the spreadsheet.

Yeah pretty much all the usual suspects have pitched in on this thread. Tried the Cavalry riflemen and they're nothing amazing. Especially compared to Thompson rangers, airborne or shocks.
16 Dec 2018, 11:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2018, 04:33 AMMittens

Im not sure if its been mentioned however that cav riflemen on their commander card are 3cp but come out at 1 so it could be a bug.

Big if true; as I do recall a lot of very early game pressure from cav rifles in that particular match which caused the OP.
16 Dec 2018, 11:13 AM

I'm pretty sure the wc51s armor is worse than the m3 even.

WC51 armor 3,9/2,5 health 240
M3 armor 5,4/4,2 health 200
UC armor 7/4,1 health 240
16 Dec 2018, 11:37 AM

Big if true; as I do recall a lot of very early game pressure from cav rifles in that particular match which caused the OP.

Cav rifles are supposed to be 1CP.
16 Dec 2018, 14:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2018, 09:26 AMGrim

Yeah pretty much all the usual suspects have pitched in on this thread. Tried the Cavalry riflemen and they're nothing amazing. Especially compared to Thompson rangers, airborne or shocks.

I don't think they're amazing either, tbh. They're not elite infantry though, they cost 280mp and come at 1cp, so probably not fair to compare them to true elite infantry.
16 Dec 2018, 15:32 PM

CavRifles have strong vet and arrive quite early, also have 3 good abilities, they are good units but they only get 2 Tommy Guns vs 4 that the elites get. It's a balanced and interesting choice.
16 Dec 2018, 15:46 PM
Donator 11

CavRifles have strong vet and arrive quite early, also have 3 good abilities, they are good units but they only get 2 Tommy Guns vs 4 that the elites get. It's a balanced and interesting choice.

^This guy(Or girl) gets it
16 Dec 2018, 16:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2018, 15:46 PMMittens

^This guy(Or girl) gets it

ok maybe I just had bad luck with the wipes they caused. I'm willing to give it another go
16 Dec 2018, 17:48 PM
Donator 11

ok maybe I just had bad luck with the wipes they caused. I'm willing to give it another go

Try playing with them, they are rather brittle and only rly start to do damage when its a 1 on 1 and you manage to close the distance.
16 Dec 2018, 22:38 PM

Pretty sure a whole bunch of the usual "Axis OP" screamers did.

Then quote them. I didn't say anything of the sort
17 Dec 2018, 05:54 AM

cav rifles are fine. They are potent early game but fall off late game. God forbid the faction with arguably the weakest late game have a commander that offers a strong early game. Sucks not being to win opening engagments on every close quarters map that okw enjoyed for ages.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment