Login

russian armor

USF players, how are you finding the new Tech Revamp?

13 Dec 2018, 10:08 AM

P.S. also wanted to say thanks a lot to the balance team. Time will tell if these changes really work or not, but it's at least a serious and well-thought-out attempt to make USF viable again (even if they didn't do exactly what I wanted :p).
13 Dec 2018, 10:17 AM

Please try and keep it on topic guys. I am genuinely curious to hear how you find the new change, particularly when it comes to early game offensive options. Would a fast weapon rack upgrade be necessary now? Is the USF early game faster or slower than before?
13 Dec 2018, 10:48 AM

they are good thow i will miss lieutenant already having Bar and i personally liekd old USF 2014 tech and abilities
13 Dec 2018, 12:02 PM

Can't say I like the Bar transfer from the Lt to the Cpt and costing muni on top of it. It removes the USF ability to be all-in offensive in the infantry war, and together with it, some of the faction's unique strength and feel.

It's true that the lack of the starting BAR has weakened the Lieutenant a bit, but it would have been crazy strong as the third unit.

However, the Lieutenant hits the field faster, and double teching Lieutenant/Captain without buying the LV unlocks also unlocks Major. That's two 300 MP squads for 400, and you've got your HMGs and AT guns available.

The BAR and Bazooka being swapped between LT and CPT is actually pretty smart. It gives you a reason to consider going Captain first. Otherwise, LT would be the strictly superior first pick in all teching paths that involve it.
13 Dec 2018, 12:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2018, 03:45 AM4c3r
Can't say I like the Bar transfer from the Lt to the Cpt and costing muni on top of it. It removes the USF ability to be all-in offensive in the infantry war, and together with it, some of the faction's unique strength and feel.

But now the USF get much faster access to .50 cals. If the LT still had the BAR that would've made the LT tier godlike AI and it would've either snowballed the early/mid game or forced enemies into LV play. Now there's the added benefit that the LT tier has soft AT and as Lago said, that the captain is more attractive as first choice.
13 Dec 2018, 12:31 PM

USF is amazing to play as, very oppressive early game, transitioning through to mid and late well, with lots of options.

One note, pathfinders should probably have to buy their guns like jaegers, its very strong early game.
13 Dec 2018, 13:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2018, 12:31 PMNaOCl
One note, pathfinders should probably have to buy their guns like jaegers, its very strong early game.

They are not like Jaegers, who have Kar98K and thus do not have shock value. The Pathfinders however have airborne carbines that have excellent DPS so their 2x M1 Garand sniper is actually what makes them counterable early game. Volks and Grens can charge them and 1v1 them at close-mid range because after dropping 1-2 models the PF will be left with only 2x snipers with no DPS at close ranges.

The current implementation should be counterable. If it proves too strong after all, their entire weapons profile (before upgrading) would have to be changed.
13 Dec 2018, 13:47 PM

Where can i find the patch notes?
13 Dec 2018, 14:39 PM

It's good.
You got options and can come up with some interesting builds, depending less on 3-4 Rifles because you couldn't tech and floated too much MP early on, will keep testing today.
13 Dec 2018, 16:25 PM

I played some games today and i really need to get used to it. I somehow messed up my builds and got obliterated to pieces with my friend (it's some kind of new meta now for Wehrmacht players to just use engineers only, and some Grenadiers with a gun upgrade -can't remember the name of the gun), but i just need to get used to it. I'm still wondering why they changed the Lieutenant and gave him a bazooka upgrade instead of a BAR, but then i remembered "oh wait, Lieutenant has a Thompson by default!". Grenade cost is amazing, you can yeet grenades all day long to entrenched opponents. Build orders need re-adjustment
13 Dec 2018, 16:44 PM

Fell from 100th to 300th 1v1 place today, so overall a pretty great patch :D

The bazooka/BAR switch is great. The rest will need getting used but the tech change does not address any of the problems the US had. Early rifles are still as cost-ineffective as they ever were. Ambulance is still as unpractical as it ever was. Early M2 seems nice against OST but useless against OKW. All in all, some 8 games in and the great USF question still remains - what is going to be done about Volksgrenadiers?
13 Dec 2018, 19:39 PM

After some live automatch testing, this USF play way better. It feels like you've got a lot more freedom of composition.
13 Dec 2018, 19:50 PM

You aren’t shoe horned into one build, you have room for USFs Elite infantry, You actually get to use all your tools. Feels great imo.
13 Dec 2018, 20:13 PM

Lol
I am switching OKW ez mode with Spaming JLI in team games
13 Dec 2018, 20:15 PM

I love how people complaining about LT's bar and thompson, while they have no problem with Sturmpios with 4 STGs being given unit.

I don't know why Thompson is so tabooed in this game.
13 Dec 2018, 20:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2018, 07:28 AMblancat
MORON "community group" spoils airborne company

Useless 2 skill(50cal, 57mm drop) still in here and there will be no hope

I like airborne more now. Pathfinders at cp 0 is great, helps you avoid/flank MG42s. The weapons probably should be 1 commander ability kinda like the brit drop that *use to give* 6lber and Vickers. That said I always put down a muni cache or 2 when I go airborne and I think anybody picking that commander probably should too. Plan ahead for that need

*thx vipper
13 Dec 2018, 20:41 PM

I like airborne more now. Pathfinders at cp 0 is great, helps you avoid/flank MG42s. The weapons probably should be 1 commander ability kinda like the brit drop that gives 6lber and Vickers. That said I always put down a muni cache or 2 when I go airborne and I think anybody picking that commander probably should too. Plan ahead for that need

UKF ability has been changed provides a mortar and an ATG (and faster movement reinforcement and a medic kit)
13 Dec 2018, 20:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2018, 20:41 PMVipper

UKF ability has been changed provides a mortar and an ATG (and faster movement reinforcement and a medic kit)

Oh I missed that in the notes, I like that change a lot. Do you agree about the airborne drop being merged?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★