russian armor

The dark truth about 4v4.

7 Dec 2018, 21:00 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2018, 20:47 PMnigo
Relic dont care about this game mode.

The map list is the same for years.

?

I've been saying for about a month new maps are coming, and a new map was put in rotation less than a two months ago. Also the huge update that just happened. Plus not to mention the huge tournament they are funding, and the donation to GCS2. How do they "not care"?
7 Dec 2018, 22:19 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2018, 21:00 PMTric

?

I've been saying for about a month new maps are coming, and a new map was put in rotation less than a two months ago. Also the huge update that just happened. Plus not to mention the huge tournament they are funding, and the donation to GCS2. How do they "not care"?

Read again:

Im saying about 4v4. They dont care (this a fact) about 4v4 and this mode is the most played in automatch.

4v4 dont receive the same attention as 1v1 and 2v2 from Relic. The OP is right.

So GG Relic.
7 Dec 2018, 22:32 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2018, 22:19 PMnigo

Read again:

Im saying about 4v4. They dont care (this a fact) about 4v4 and this mode is the most played in automatch.

4v4 dont receive the same attention as 1v1 and 2v2 from Relic.

So GG Relic.

4v4 doesn't receive the same attention because it is a casual mode, is far above and beyond impossible to balance properly and to get new maps would take the community mappers MONTHS to make just to be told off when it is released. So in reality, it kinda the communities fault that 4v4 doesn't get love, especially when it comes to maps, as the track record for treatment of mappers doesn't really incentivize anyone to care about anything that requires a huge investment of our time for free, if I am not mistaken there are a total of 4 (?) mappers that are active, and I use active very loosely.
7 Dec 2018, 22:40 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Balance is not the only thing for 4v4. Maps is a big thing too.

The last new map added for 4v4 was Hill from MonoBacon in 2015 ( I think). This is disgusting.

If this game mode is so casual (like you said), why not add casual maps for this casual audience? They dont add because they dont care, its simple. ;D

Back in time Quinn Duffy, Lynx and others care more about this matter.
7 Dec 2018, 22:49 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2018, 22:40 PMnigo
Balance is not the only thing for 4v4. Maps is a big thing too.

The last new map added for 4v4 was Hill from MonoBacon in 2015 ( I think). This is disgusting.

city 17 now?

and as tric said.
I looked into some 4vs4 maps from AA and co, but they were terrible from balance and gameplay in automatch.

7 Dec 2018, 22:51 PM

Permanently Banned
How many players play in 4v4 and 1v1? Keepo
7 Dec 2018, 22:58 PM
Senior Editor Badge

city 17 now?

and as tric said.
I looked into some 4vs4 maps from AA and co, but they were terrible from balance and gameplay in automatch.

City 17 is one of the first maps in the game. Dont make jokes here.

And AA maps is not the only Relic maps outhere. Theres s lot of community maps ready to play for casual players (like you said).

Are you using my suggestion about AA maps to attack me this discussion????

You are a terrible unnoficial community manager, like others in the past. Who only thinks in their personal agenda.

Pede pra sair gringo safado.
7 Dec 2018, 23:00 PM

Permanently Banned
Coh2 is not game for elite meta mastrubate callin warriors, its for all players, who will be buy next coh if Relic care about mediocre players in 4v4? PauLa, Prodi, Price?
If its not competitive game mode or if relic care about it, why thay dont write official? No balls? Scary about money?
Its realy very stupid and sound like rasist when players who have wooden PC and play 1v1, blame players who have good PC and play 4v4, like fun game mode. Ye, its look like, 4v4 have more ways to make combinations with units, docs. But ye, we are elite coh 1v1 and 2v2 players that care about 4v4 plebs, nice one guys.
7 Dec 2018, 23:28 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2018, 22:58 PMnigo

City 17 is one of the first maps in the game. Dont make jokes here.

And AA maps is not the only Relic maps outhere. Theres s lot of community maps ready to play for casual players (like you said).

Are you using my suggestion about AA maps to attack me this discussion????

You are a terrible unnoficial community manager, like others in the past. Who only thinks in their personal agenda.

Pede pra sair gringo safado.

Tho city 17 was gone for a long time.
Its funny that on this forum people very often see everything as an attack LUL.
It was just a simple fact. But I know facts can hurt.

And yes there are 4vs4 maps out in custom. But when you are for casual player or the people, who want to play on a 1 bridge only map arty map. Fine for me. Then they can go and play on custommap against each other. No need to have this map in automatch mit vp and ranks.

And ofc I would love to see good 3vs3 maps, who are ONLY 3vs3 maps. But the time and effort is the problem.

And what you personal think from me. Well that is your beer. When you think for 2-3 years coh2 was better from balance and maps. Fine :P

P.S What is my personal agenda.?^^ 1vs1 modus? 2vs2? 3vs3? 4vs4?
7 Dec 2018, 23:28 PM

7 Dec 2018, 23:29 PM

Yeah I think there was an old discussion about making the larger 4v4 maps have the same number of resource points as 1v1/2v2 and just make their zones larger to compensate for the high amount of players. The biggest issue in 4v4 is that the mid-game goes very quickly and t3/t4 rushes are the best bet because of the resource gain.

Many maps have the same amount of ressource points with somewhat larger areas (5 standard 1 fuel and 1 ammo per side) with some exceptions but the ressourcegain can be boosted pretty easily especially on maps where certain areas are hard to attack without light vehicles as retreat paths take quite some time (General Mud is a good example).
7 Dec 2018, 23:36 PM

To be honest, I was not expecting this post could be this popular. I will be updating the description for this post later today to further explain the problem.
7 Dec 2018, 23:38 PM

Coh2 is not game for elite meta mastrubate callin warriors, its for all players, who will be buy next coh if Relic care about mediocre players in 4v4? PauLa, Prodi, Price?
If its not competitive game mode or if relic care about it, why thay dont write official? No balls? Scary about money?
Its realy very stupid and sound like rasist when players who have wooden PC and play 1v1, blame players who have good PC and play 4v4, like fun game mode. Ye, its look like, 4v4 have more ways to make combinations with units, docs. But ye, we are elite coh 1v1 and 2v2 players that care about 4v4 plebs, nice one guys.

I am not sure about the number of the player base of each mode, personally. However, to give u a rough look. It only took me a 20 games winning strick to reach top ten as USF.
7 Dec 2018, 23:42 PM

The decemberpatch 2017 was focused on 4vs4.
But yes most changes are for 1vs1, tho are good in 2vs2-4vs4 too.

Jackson buff, ele and JT nerf in past
now brumbär and flamerhft and t70 nerf.
so this is for 4vs4 as well :)

Undeniably true. However, it is only in the early stage of the battle. In the late stage of the game when the battle is very chaos, those changes are hardly noticeable.
7 Dec 2018, 23:57 PM

It isn't that bad sure they might be issues with some starting positions where you should rush certain positions where WFA factions usually have a better time, there are highly coordinated teams that might play against way lower ranked single players, there probably will always be maps where forward retreat points are easy to abuse (WFA factions again) on the other hand some maps are pretty open and facour sniper play and light vehicles EFA factions and brits profit from that the most.

In case you mean that there are huge imbalances between axis and allies and the game turns unwinable as either side after a certain mark (25min) you should maybe try to improve your own playing as it is certainly not.

I mostly play 3v3 both with randoms and a team and 4v4 from time to time in teams as i prefer the 3v3 mappool and dynamic gameplay compared to clustered chokepoints and even worse artillerypartys.

Incase you have troubles playing as allies which quite often is the case with people that complain about imbalanced teamplayer modes you could watch this replay of a game that lasts way longer then the 25 minute mark:
https://www.coh2.org/replay/83335/80-min-slugfest-on-la-gleize
or you are welcome to upload a replay (or even more) of your own, contact me and i will watch them and might give you some hints where you did mistakes and how to improve.

Personally, I really appreciate your help. I as myself do not have any trouble beating the axis in the late game. There was one game I played lately last more than 70 mins, and I still won even though my team was 3 vs 4. And, as my personal opinion only, I think 3vs3 compare to 4vs4 is actually more different than 2vs2 compare to 4vs4.

The reason that I said I am sick of 25 mins mark is because it is really passive and unnoticeable but hugely affect the gameplay experiences regardless of your effort output. As a very experienced player, and I believe you are too, know that allies should put out everything they have in the first 25 to 30 mins to win the game or the game will be very hard and not in your favor at all. However, for those who do not aware of this, will mostly fall into this trap passively due to the fact that most of the players who play 4v4 are there hoping to see a very chaotic battlefield and huge tank battle. And it is extremely not fair for them to lose a game due to the imbalance of the game.
8 Dec 2018, 00:03 AM

Imbalance is basically just a part of 4v4, its almost impossible to balance considering the interactions between teammates. Things that have obvious weaknesses in 1v1 or 2v2 work in 3v3 or 4v4 because you have 2-3 teammates to cover those weaknesses.

Many maps have the same amount of ressource points with somewhat larger areas (5 standard 1 fuel and 1 ammo per side) with some exceptions but the resource gain can be boosted pretty easily especially on maps where certain areas are hard to attack without light vehicles as retreat paths take quite some time (General Mud is a good example).

IMO general mud is a perfect example of too big. Map is not fun at all to play. And yeah caches is much easier in 3v3 and 4v4 since a lot of the back points will never see any fighting.
8 Dec 2018, 00:06 AM

Imbalance is basically just a part of 4v4, its almost impossible to balance considering the interactions between teammates. Things that have obvious weaknesses in 1v1 or 2v2 work in 3v3 or 4v4 because you have 2-3 teammates to cover those weaknesses.

IMO general mud is a perfect example of too big. Map is not fun at all to play. And yeah caches is much easier in 3v3 and 4v4 since a lot of the back points will never see any fighting.

I do not have a lot of comments about the maps specifically. But I do want to mention that larger maps are most favored to the axis and smaller maps are more favorable to allies.
8 Dec 2018, 00:20 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2018, 22:32 PMTric

4v4 doesn't receive the same attention because it is a casual mode, is far above and beyond impossible to balance properly
+1

This is the center of everything. You cant balance 4v4. It is a casual mode.

I have also urged any mapper to remake Dust and Stones from COH1, the best 3v3/4v4 map ever made. I started to remake it but got busy in RL. Maybe should pick that project back up..
8 Dec 2018, 00:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2018, 23:57 PMHarry

Personally, I really appreciate your help. I as myself do not have any trouble beating the axis in the late game. There was one game I played lately last more than 70 mins, and I still won even though my team was 3 vs 4. And, as my personal opinion only, I think 3vs3 compare to 4vs4 is actually more different than 2vs2 compare to 4vs4.

The reason that I said I am sick of 25 mins mark is because it is really passive and unnoticeable but hugely affect the gameplay experiences regardless of your effort output. As a very experienced player, and I believe you are too, know that allies should put out everything they have in the first 25 to 30 mins to win the game or the game will be very hard and not in your favor at all. However, for those who do not aware of this, will mostly fall into this trap passively due to the fact that most of the players who play 4v4 are there hoping to see a very chaotic battlefield and huge tank battle. And it is extremely not fair for them to lose a game due to the imbalance of the game.

I think especially USF with the Priest to turn the Lategame artillery fights into allied favour and allies in general usually have a better time adapting to axis gameplay as the single tech choices and lategame units are sometimes cheaper (t34 vs p4 or jackson vs panther or katy vs stuka) and can be used in a efficient manner if needed. I jsut think that the game usually gets won by either side easily by the 25 minute mark as you might get close to the popcap and if you didn't lose much you can make pretty strong coordinated pushes that take out many enemy units.
8 Dec 2018, 02:00 AM

Just remove 4v4, gets rid of all the bitching and balance issues. 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 is plenty.

I really hope COH3 doesn't have 4v4, reading these whinging threads gives me cancer, yet I cant stop.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 34
Peru 30
unknown 14
United Kingdom 212
Germany 44
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W