Login

russian armor

New Commanders / Units discussion

PAGES (19)down
24 Sep 2013, 17:16 PM

I don't mind DLC or paying for new content at all - it is 2013, everybody has ridiculously priced DLC nowadays. That's just how it is. But to charge us for new content while the original $60-100 we paid (I don't know about the rest of you, but I paid the full $100) hasn't even gotten its money's worth is just fucking ridiculous. Anyone who thinks otherwise is honestly just kidding themselves (I mean, for fuck's sake, infantry flanking wasn't even in the game until the most recent patch - what the hell is up with that?).

i know that feel,

i am not putting more than 100 into this game. it saddens me that this is the last dlc that is free. (free maps are not dlc) the game does not even have a year. and its just money money money, i sincerely hope they make an expansion so i can wait for it to go on offert. and get back what i think its rightfully mine!
24 Sep 2013, 17:26 PM

Why are people willing to pay $25 to $40 or whatever for new factions, maps, and single player content (expansions are essentially bundled DLC after all IMHO) but unwilling to pay $2 for the option to make tradeoffs in how your faction plays (Commanders). You're still paying for more content.
Hux
24 Sep 2013, 17:27 PM
Patrion 14

Will Relic be streaming tonight with the introduction of this new content - does anyone know?

If they are, and any of you who are present for it and have a problem, I would advise you to get into the chat and voice your concerns. If it's done in a respectful way then I don't see why they shouldn't listen.

If they do stream, and I can catch it, I will be voicing my worries.
24 Sep 2013, 17:29 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 17:01 PMCaeltos

I don't know how you managed to completely twist the message from "Dissapointed in the game" to anything related with "DLC"

On second thought, you're Nullist. I'm not surprised.

Because you are missing the fairly obvious and crucial considerations that someone disappointed in the game, or in the DLC, isn't going to buy it.

That is what I'm saying. Dont know how you managed to completely twist that.

On second thought, youre the guy who put a second jump unit on Chaos. I'm not surprised.

The "vocal minority" will not buy the DLC.
Only a small minority of players overall will buy the DLC.
The people who do buy it, and say so, are no less a "vocal minority" than those who chose not to buy it, and say so. I'd think thats pretty basic and, frankly, fucking obvious.
24 Sep 2013, 17:44 PM
Patrion 14

I can't believe they have increased the price on them. It's stupid. It's like they found our sore spot and now want to keep pushing.

Hope there is a discount pack...
24 Sep 2013, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 11:04 AMSpanky

CoH2 was a half rushed product from the start.

So was COH1 and you seem to get a boner thinking about COH1.
24 Sep 2013, 17:50 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I tend to side with the likes of Le Mazarin, Caeltos, Wayward etc I see these dlcs as the necessary financial lubricant to keep the game fully supported, balanced and patched.

I do think that those who support expansions and nothing more, forget how pitiful at times was the support for the vCOH patches. And it bears remembering that version 2.602 emerged almost as an afterthought in the wake of the COHO destruction, with a good deal of out-of-hours free time spent particularly by Kolaris (player) and Mora Failes (dev), if memory serves correctly. Without them, vCOH would have hobbled on, it might have been patched intermittently (if at all) and withered on the vine, I think. It was not a good business model: support needs income to pay for support. You cannot rely on goodwill from the likes of Kolaris all the time.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think that Krebs mentioned in one of his broadcasts that he had paid £180.00 for War Thunder material. That is way over what I have paid for units there, but remember that War Thunder is ftp. That game is technically still in beta,since they have not even released the land or naval sections.

It will be necessary for Relic to keep issuing dlc, and good for them if they do. Nobody is ever going to be satisfied with all they do. But at least dlc = cash = continuing support and therefore eventually, improvements.

I was perturbed to see the arrival of trenches -anybody recall the Brit Recon Squad and aggressive early positioning, before it was eventually abolished in 2.602? But Grenades and 'Mortah' should see to this. If FHQ brings back Magpies FLight X, I will not complain (too hard)
24 Sep 2013, 18:01 PM

@MajorBloodnok: There is nothing wrong with Sega/Relic offering DLC. They've already done that. Skins, faceplates, extra commanders from the DCE. There is nothing wrong with those DLC's because they do not add any additional gameplay features that are exclusive to those who purchased them.

This, on the other hand, is a completely different story.

Look at LoL or DotA 2. Neither of those games offer exclusive gameplay features for money and yet they're making money by the truckload. Whether or not you purchase a skin for your character has no correlation with how well you will play the game.

This, on the other hand, does.

There is a difference between offering optional content and forcing new content down our throats. The latter option pisses people off.

If you and "the others" think that this kind of DLC whoring is good for the health of the community then by all means you're welcome to your opinion. Doesn't mean it's right.
24 Sep 2013, 18:07 PM

LoL is the epitome of "optional content" unless things have changed recently. Selling heroes with *unique skills* that behave in *unique ways* not to mention tune pages full of runes you have to purchase (that change the way your characters play)... How is that not just what CoH2 is doing, if not more extreme?

Dota 2 is AFAIK the only game that manages to make money purely from tournament passes and cosmetic items alone. League is certainly not like that.
24 Sep 2013, 18:25 PM

LoL is free to play and allows heros to be unlocked by grinding as well - quite different.
24 Sep 2013, 18:25 PM

New Ostheer commanders look crazy powerful.
24 Sep 2013, 18:27 PM

LoL is the epitome of "optional content" unless things have changed recently. Selling heroes with *unique skills* that behave in *unique ways* not to mention tune pages full of runes you have to purchase (that change the way your characters play)... How is that not just what CoH2 is doing, if not more extreme?

Dota 2 is AFAIK the only game that manages to make money purely from tournament passes and cosmetic items alone. League is certainly not like that.

Does LoL offer you an in-game currency to unlock those things you mentioned things with? Yes.

Does CoH2 do that? No.
24 Sep 2013, 18:31 PM

LoL is free to play and allows heros to be unlocked by grinding as well - quite different.

please share a "grinder" with full set of champs and 9+ rune pages.
24 Sep 2013, 18:39 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Hi Johan :)

@MajorBloodnok: There is nothing wrong with Sega/Relic offering DLC. They've already done that. Skins, faceplates, extra commanders from the DCE. There is nothing wrong with those DLC's because they do not add any additional gameplay features that are exclusive to those who purchased them.

This, on the other hand, is a completely different story.

I see where you're coming from and I understand your PoV. I doubt if we are that far apart. But honestly, the cost of this new stuff will not break the bank,and as long as I know it is being applied to support the game and improving it,I feel no need to complain. Ultimately, Relic has to be commercially successful and I think we can agree on that? I would say that vCOH was not a commercial success, since it never exploited its huge advantage. Maybe you disagree?

Look at LoL or DotA 2. Neither of those games offer exclusive gameplay features for money and yet they're making money by the truckload. Whether or not you purchase a skin for your character has no correlation with how well you will play the game.

This, on the other hand, does.

I don't like playing with green men, but that's me.I still come back to the point that this dlc is not going to break the bank, but if purchased, it will not break either the game - or Relic, but rather it will support it.

There is a difference between offering optional content and forcing new content down our throats. The latter option pisses people off.

Ye-e-e-essss..but this board, for example,does not represent the majority of the people who bought the game.It is better supported than any other English-speaking board for CoH2 about which I am aware, but I do not know, for instance,if Germany or Russia have better supported boards in terms of membership. Assuming, however, that this CoH2 board is as large as any other, I am dubious about drawing too many conclusions over what
pisses people off

If you and "the others" think that this kind of DLC whoring is good for the health of the community then by all means you're welcome to your opinion. Doesn't mean it's right.

We must agree to disagree, other than we both hope our respective views may prevail :)
24 Sep 2013, 19:55 PM

While I don't think relic should pursue this sort of business model in future games due to it detering new players, I think there is a way for them to save a bit of face here.

1. Offer new ability commanders for free and sell the mix and match commanders. (This makes sure new players don't miss out on abilities and will buy others to open up new playstyles when they start to enjoy the game).

or

2. Offer the new ability commanders bundled with the TOW DLC, as well as sell them seperate. (This gives more of the feeling that they are being sold as an expansion pack, but are also selling them seperate for those who do not want the full expansion.)

24 Sep 2013, 20:01 PM

While I don't think relic should pursue this sort of business model in future games due to it detering new players, I think there is a way for them to save a bit of face here.

1. Offer new ability commanders for free and sell the mix and match commanders. (This makes sure new players don't miss out on abilities and will buy others to open up new playstyles when they start to enjoy the game).

or

2. Offer the new ability commanders bundled with the TOW DLC, as well as sell them seperate. (This gives more of the feeling that they are being sold as an expansion pack, but are also selling them seperate for those who do not want the full expansion.)

3. By reaching a new rank in the game you unlock the new or buy commanders, maybe get them at high level; reach level 85-100 to get the 4 new ones (for example Assault Support Doctrine was unlocked at level 45).
24 Sep 2013, 20:13 PM

3. By reaching a new rank in the game you unlock the new or buy commanders, maybe get them at high level; reach level 85-100 to get the 4 new ones (for example Assault Support Doctrine was unlocked at level 45).

Well let's be serious, In the end they want to sell something. I hardly think that no matter how much we complain that they are going to just release everything for free, but there is still the problem of how they are selling it. It looks greedy and makes people who buy the full game angry seeing how much content they are missing even though they bought a full game.

At least with my suggestions they could say that the new content is part of an expansion pack which is why it wasn't originally available, or that the purchasable commanders aren't really anything new so you don't feel ripped off after purchase. They should atleast come up with commander bundles so buying them all at once doesn't seem so expensive.

The current model is just bad business, and it makes the game look bad, leading to less sales of the game as a whole.
24 Sep 2013, 20:24 PM

Charging $60+ for a game and then nickel and diming an already rapidly diminishing player base - and THEN to hear people use the excuse of "they need the $$$ to continue the game"...seriously?

If the game were 3 years old and $10 - SURE - I think most would agree they DO need the $.

This is 3 MONTHS old and STILL charging a AAA price.

I really feel bad for the those that put their $100 and faith behind the company in the Beta/Alpha of this - they're the true fans and they're the ones who got the full shaft on this.
24 Sep 2013, 20:26 PM

IT HAS BEGUN.....

New "PAY 2 WIN" DLC commanders have arrived to milk the sh1t out of the People.

Here is COH 2s future:

King Tiger DLC Commander = 4$
Jagdpanther DLC Commander = 4$
SU-100 DLC Commander = 4$
KV-2 DLC Commander = 4$
Jagdpanzer IV/70 DLC Commander = 4$
Hetzer DLC Commander = 4$
KV-85 DLC Commander = 4$
Hummel DLC Commander = 4$
SU-122 DLC Commander = 4$
ISU-122 DLC Commander = 4$
Puma DLC Commander = 4$
BS-3-at-gun DLC Commander = 4$
FLAK 88 DLC Commander = 4$
Marder 3 DLC Commander = 4$
Land-lease sherman DLC Commander = 4$
Panzer III DLC Commander = 4$
StuH 42 DLC Commander = 4$
Wirbelwind DLC Commander = 4$
Jagdtiger DLC Commander = 4$
T-26 DLC Commander = 4$
IS-1 DLC Commander = 4$
german 210mm morser 18 howitzer DLC Commander = 4$
Stormtroopers DLC Commander = 4$
soviet naval infantry DLC Commander = 4$
german paratroopers DLC Commander = 4$
soviet paratroopers DLC Commander = 4$
24 Sep 2013, 20:29 PM

my main concern is for the new people who are wanting to buy the game. They look at the $60 for the base game and then look at the $3 commanders. everyone will look and know you have to have the recent stuff to stay competitive. they are going to have to shell out $130+ for a game that still has problems that should have been resolved in beta. I for one am telling my friends who love vcoh but cant afford to sell their house to buy coh2 to just wait until its on sale in a couple years. that is if it gets balanced and the bugs are worked out. but if it keeps going like this and the input lag etc isnt fixed and they keep pumping out new commanders that screw the balance i dont think they care about the lag etc. just money. i seen maybe 3 new players from that sale in team games. i was expecting alot more. but like i said who would want to start playing this game as a casual player when you have to spend $100+ to not get raped by people with dlc. what will happen by the time its the 1945 TOW and the multiplayer commanders with the units from the time(t-44 and kingtiger etc)? by then we will all have payed over $200. this is not cool Relic. especially when we all payed $60 for the base game that has MAJOR bugs. those of us who have endured your stupid unit lag should get the content free up until you fix this. not to mention there is already people developing hacks for this game and there is NOTHING different between the anit cheat in it and vcoh. we all know what happened to vcoh. even the steam version is full of cheaters.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS