Login

russian armor

New Commanders / Units discussion

PAGES (19)down
25 Sep 2013, 18:47 PM

Yes and I won't be purchasing the other content as I said... Sadly
25 Sep 2013, 18:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 15:36 PMScerun

I paid for a game, that isn't even the game it's made out to be. All I get are mundane commanders, with units that don't help me play the game as it's meant to be played, or how I want to play it. That's totally a shit thing to do.

At the very least - at the very least, give us in-game currency to unlock this shit. Turn it into a F2P game, which isn't F2P, where you earn super sweet and shiny Nazi-Gold to buy WW2-Points to buy sweet new commanders - whatever. Just don't do it this way.

you could have played the beta for free for a long time before ever paying a cent. i had over 150 hours of time in the beta without buying the game. if people took the time, they were able to know exactly what game they were buying. its unfortunate that the game isnt "how you want to play it" but you couldve figured that out before launch.

do you really think going f2p would make people happy? people are freaking out over not getting enough free content for CE and paying $3 for a new commander. how do you think people will respond if they paid $100 for a game that goes f2p?

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 15:45 PMA_E
I paid top dollar for Collectors Edition to get a 'command pass' that would mean I didn't have to do any of the micro transactions.

you misinterpreted what the CE got you then, because they never said you get free commanders forever. they specifically said you get 10
25 Sep 2013, 19:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 18:49 PMwooof

you misinterpreted what the CE got you then, because they never said you get free commanders forever. they specifically said you get 10

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/collection

Colection
2. A group of objects or works to be seen, studied, or kept together.
3. A line of products produced for one season, as those developed by a designer

collector

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/collector

A person who makes a collection, as of stamps (or commanders perhaps?).

english is not my main languge but god dam words have a meaning!! if they have had CALLED IT TOW EDITION i would not have bought it and i would not be complaning.

acording to relic i am the collector of an incomplete colection because i paied for the COLLECTOR EDITION the colecturmoney edition.

reposting from pay to whine
25 Sep 2013, 19:16 PM

Q: What is the Command Pass?
A: Company of Heroes 2 will be supported post launch with a number of free and premium content add-ons. The Command Pass entitles players to additional ongoing premium maps as well as allowing them to take part in member’s only events.

CoH2-PreOrder FAQ

They need to let the community support them, by not milking us like we are all cash cow's. Many of us want to support the coh series, and would really appreciate a fair deal, to not be ripped off, they should bring in a Season Pass or something.
25 Sep 2013, 19:26 PM

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/collection

Colection
2. A group of objects or works to be seen, studied, or kept together.
3. A line of products produced for one season, as those developed by a designer

collector

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/collector

A person who makes a collection, as of stamps (or commanders perhaps?).

english is not my main languge but god dam words have a meaning!! if they have had CALLED IT TOW EDITION i would not have bought it and i would not be complaning.

acording to relic i am the collector of an incomplete colection because i paied for the COLLECTOR EDITION the colecturmoney edition.

reposting from pay to whine

yes those are the definitions of the words collector and collection. that doesnt change the fact that people misinterpreted what they bought. i guess maybe relic could have been clearer, but i read what the CE included and never expected free DLC forever. it came with skins, a faceplate, and 6 more commanders than the preorder. i knew that and chose not to buy it.

the term "collectors edition" is used very frequently for video games. it should never be interpreted as "all DLC is free forever" unless it explicitly says so. it typically gives some in game bonuses and silly things like an art book, a soundtrack, or other physical items.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_ROME_II_Collector's_Edition

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/collectors-edition/

http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/ce

http://i1.wp.com/theultralinx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/GTA-5-Collectors-Edition.jpg?resize=960%2C1142

notice how none of these promise free dlc forever, despite the use of the word "collector"

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 19:16 PMFlux

CoH2-PreOrder FAQ

this might cause some confusion because it looks like it was posted when relic was still under THQ. for example, the tiered pre order bonuses no longer existed once sega took over
25 Sep 2013, 19:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 19:26 PMwooof

yes those are the definitions of the words collector and collection. that doesnt change the fact that people misinterpreted what they bought. i guess maybe relic could have been clearer, but i read what the CE included and never expected free DLC forever. it came with skins, a faceplate, and 6 more commanders than the preorder. i knew that and chose not to buy it.

the term "collectors edition" is used very frequently for video games. it should never be interpreted as "all DLC is free forever" unless it explicitly says so. it typically gives some in game bonuses and silly things like an art book, a soundtrack, or other physical items.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_ROME_II_Collector's_Edition

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/collectors-edition/

http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/ce

http://i1.wp.com/theultralinx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/GTA-5-Collectors-Edition.jpg?resize=960%2C1142

notice how none of these promise free dlc forever, despite the use of the word "collector"

this might cause some confusion because it looks like it was posted when relic was still under THQ. for example, the tiered pre order bonuses no longer existed once sega took over

the game might have changed producer or publisher. the promise cant be changed. its a buyer contract. i dont know about american laws, but buyers are protected from stuff like this.

you basically comercialized a collector version and now that sega bought it changed it for a not so collector. and took out the part that made it collector while keeping the ads and the campaing the same. it sure starts sounding like a scam to me.

WHERE THE HELL IS MY TSHIRT!!!
MY RUSSIAN COMRADE HAT!
THE MAXIM GUN TO KILL ME WHEN I LEAVE THE GAME.
THE PICTURES OF STALINGRAD.
AND THE HANFULL OF SNOW FOR MY OWN SNOWTECK MAPS.

when people offer you hats for a collector edition you know you wont get anything extra in the game. you just want the hat. COH2 has no hat. i am sure i did not paid 100 for a pat in the back and a thanks.
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 25 Sep 2013, 19:44 PM

We did change the pre-order when publishers were changed. We did our best to communicate this on these forums, our own and in the gaming media.

An FAQ related to this is here: http://community.companyofheroes.com/forums/community-news-feed/topics/-Company-of-Heroes-2-Collectors-Edition-PreOrder-FAQ?page=1#post-284776

25 Sep 2013, 19:52 PM

your best was not good enough.......

i am done with this 2 treads
25 Sep 2013, 20:07 PM

the game might have changed producer or publisher. the promise cant be changed. its a buyer contract. i dont know about american laws, but buyers are protected from stuff like this.

there is no law that says preordering at different times cant have different bonuses. people who pre ordered sooner got DoW 2 and that wasnt taken away from them. that would be a different story.

when people offer you hats for a collector edition you know you wont get anything extra in the game. you just want the hat. COH2 has no hat. i am sure i did not paid 100 for a pat in the back and a thanks.

no, you got 10 commanders, skins, a faceplate, and case blue. you couldve found this out before spending $100. you cant really blame relic for your buyers remorse if you purchased something without fully understanding it. before i preordered, i read the description on steam and never got the impression that i was promised free commanders forever. its unfortunate that some people did.
25 Sep 2013, 20:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 20:07 PMwooof

there is no law that says preordering at different times cant have different bonuses. people who pre ordered sooner got DoW 2 and that wasnt taken away from them. that would be a different story.

no, you got 10 commanders, skins, a faceplate, and case blue. you couldve found this out before spending $100. you cant really blame relic for your buyers remorse if you purchased something without fully understanding it. before i preordered, i read the description on steam and never got the impression that i was promised free commanders forever. its unfortunate that some people did.

its ok man, i already got the answers in this tread, not the ones i wanted but answers nonetheless. i will stop posting as i stated above, i just did it because i hate not replying to people adressing me.
25 Sep 2013, 20:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 18:49 PMwooof

you could have played the beta for free for a long time before ever paying a cent.

I could've, but I didn't. Unfortunately I didn't even know of the beta, and gave up hopes of seeing the game after I got wind of a rumour that after buyout from Sega, that the game wasn't being continued, so I simply stopped looking out for it.

I simply didn't expect to have to fork out for a game, and then continue to fork out for it.

I just absolutely hate that I can't be certain how much money I'll end up spending in the end. Really, how much will I have to spend to simply play the game to it's intended-potential, as is advertised and made-out? There's no answer for that, and with a five-year commitment plan they have for the game, and it being barely past the first few months of release, I forsee a great expense needed.

Not to mention how disappointing the balance changes were this month. It's as if all the time was spent on dealing with throwing out this DLC, instead of sorting out integral balance, or even that command-input lag. Or perhaps, they'll just release some DLC to fix that? The Ostheer Lightning Input Commander, perhaps?
25 Sep 2013, 21:37 PM

"Or perhaps, they'll just release some DLC to fix that? The Ostheer Lightning Input Commander, perhaps?"

Yes, its terrible to read this sad situation on our forum, but the only what relic do is close his eyes and to make more DLCs for selling it.
25 Sep 2013, 21:58 PM

okay, apparently i'm no longer allowed by the ohh so nice admins that rule this site to make my own topic about this subject, so i'll just say it here: i really feel like i'm missing out a part of this game because with these new commanders, i no longer have the feeling i have the complete game. it feels like i'm forced to spend another 12 euros just so i can compete with the people that already bought these commanders otherwise i'm getting powned by units that are unknown to me. it seems rediculous to charge money for the new commanders that everyone's excited for, but is forced to pay another 12 euros ON TOP of the game itself to experience the full potential of this game. i really hate relic(or sega) for doing these kind of actions
25 Sep 2013, 22:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 10:47 AMStoffa

Fully agree: this CE is the worst CE I have ever seen. How it can even be called a "Collectors Edition" when there is nothing to collect is beyond me. It is a fully digital release (except for the few steelboxes, which make up for like 1% of sales) so the "CE" title is terribly chosen.
You'd expect a damn lot of extra content when you pay for a Collectors Edition that has exactly zero goodies to go with it. Not so: you get a few silly skins, some singleplayer content most of us don't care about and a lousy faceplate some designer couldve made in an hour or so.
I really feel ripped off with this CE, it absolutely didn't give value for money one bit.

+1 epic ripoff, and the steam store description for CE is blatant false advertising. "25 camos" yeah right, more like 7-8 different camos counted three different times for the different vehicle types rofl. And when I preordered there was no commander information preview where I could see that the "extra" stuff was actually the same abilities I already owned reconfigured. Game has only been out for 3 months and three of the tournament winners have already stopped playing.
25 Sep 2013, 22:13 PM

There is a lot of heat in this thread, and I guess my answer will be just washed away by the sheer amount of replys.
I'm gonna post anyway, actually I just registered on this board to write this:

As long as the new commanders are balanced this has nothing to do with "P2W". This is just "pay to do something different", and that is totally fine.
It is true that the new commanders are not completely balanced. But what did you expect when they add something new to the metagame?

A patch will come out in some days or few weeks and will address all issues. I find this hostility so boring. I love the idea of new content. New commanders as DLC bringing new units and new strategies to the table is awesome, and I am more than fine to pay for that.

And if I am fine with the possibilities the game offers with it's 20 commanders distributed on two factions then I don't buy the new ones. Where is the problem with that?
It's not like the new German commander is the exclusive counter to the new Soviet commander (or vice versa).

edit:
and I hope that future updates will bring more new units as DLC, and I am totally fine to pay for relic's development time required to deliver that.
25 Sep 2013, 22:16 PM

As long as the new commanders are balanced this has nothing to do with "P2W". This is just "pay to do something different", and that is totally fine.
It is true that the new commanders are not completely balanced. But what did you expect when they add something new to the metagame?

A patch will come out in some days or few weeks and will address all issues. I find this hostility so boring. I love the idea of new content. New commanders as DLC bringing new units and new strategies to the table is awesome, and I am more than fine to pay for that.

If the new DLC commanders are OP it is P2W. When they balance them after the fact, they fucked over everyone that bought them because they were OP. Its a lose-lose for Relic.
25 Sep 2013, 22:41 PM

It also gets tiresome with new content bringing OP or bugged stuff every 3-4 months that again requires fixing/balancing over several patches (weeks/months more). It's why I much prefer new content in xpacs after a year - so the game has time to figure itself out and get balanced/bug fixed and find a rhythm and allow players a chance to mature at the game rather than throw everything in a blender on a regular basis.

If these 4 commanders were it for a while, then I'd feel a little more forgiving and patient and hope that in a couple months the balance would settle again but we really have no idea what the plan is. It's bizarre to me that this much game changing content would get released with no input from the balance team, no beta testing, nothing. What is the point of the opt-in beta balance testing or the balance feedback from the community up to now?
25 Sep 2013, 23:03 PM

I'm not raging, I'm just sad about the fact that I am supposed to pay 3,99 EUR (sale 2,99 EUR) for something I wouldn't even remotely call dlc. I know that I don't HAVE to buy it - what makes me sad is that I would need to buy it, if I want to be able to compete (or play a game with its full content). I bought the game when it was released and I would pay for an expansion that offers real content (as I do with other games), but things like these are ruining (my) gaming experience. This is very disappointing.
25 Sep 2013, 23:04 PM

Played my first automatch, landed on semoisky winter. Faced the brilliant new soviet urban cdr which apparantly allows infinite, instantly built forward HQs (really?) in every building on the map small or large (really?). Stacking offense/defense auras (really?). More medics on the field than conscripts .....

yeah what were relic smoking. this cdr betrays every no brainer tenant of basic game balancing such as, cost vs benefit. Do you really think its hard for a soviet player to float 80 fuel?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ImmortalCOH2/screenshot/579001433576880989

coh2 working as intended relic?

Gonna try some more matches and see how they go, maybe play a more aggressive early game to punish an urban player for an early hq purchase... but I already know whats going to happen. 1 conscript slips past my line on kholdny and all my buildings will magically turn into hqs around my cutoff/fuel, "gg wp".
25 Sep 2013, 23:08 PM

Played my first automatch, landed on semoisky winter. Faced the brilliant new soviet urban cdr which apparantly allows infinite, instantly built forward HQs (really?) in every building on the map small or large (really?). Stacking offense/defense auras (really?). More medics on the field than conscripts .....

yeah what were relic smoking. this cdr betrays every no brainer tenant of basic game balancing such as, cost vs benefit. Do you really think its hard for a soviet player to float 80 fuel?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ImmortalCOH2/screenshot/579001433576880989

coh2 working as intended relic?

Gonna try some more matches and see how they go, maybe play a more aggressive early game to punish an urban player for an early hq purchase... but I already know whats going to happen. 1 conscript slips past my line on kholdny and all my buildings will magically turn into hqs around my cutoff/fuel, "gg wp".

wow just wow. i might be done with this game for a while. this and the bulletins being broken are making me a sad panda.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS