Login

russian armor

EA will remaster the first two 'Command & Conquer'

15 Nov 2018, 00:40 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Both games in 4K:

Command & Conquer 1 (GDI vs NOD)

and

Command & Conquer Red Alert 1 (Allies vs Soviets)

https://www.engadget.com/2018/11/14/command-and-conquer-4k-remaster/
15 Nov 2018, 08:23 AM

Anyone else sees it as a bad news?

It means they are unwilling to create new entry that people would actually want and instead go for easy, low budget solution which equals to throwing meat scraps at a bunch of angry dogs in hopes they won't tear them apart.

Also, both of these already are "remastered" with modern QoL solutions and improved balance in OpenRA project.
15 Nov 2018, 11:09 AM

Whenever i look at coh, i see next gen RTS. that's the way i always imagined it:
"Alive" units, soldiers that give hand signs, crouch, prone, seek cover etc.
tanks, from which shells bounce off, brning, out of control, turret gunners that have to reload etc.

and what wil we get here?
-1-second loop firing animations
-ultra hardcore rock paper scissors gameplay
-no interaction with surroundings

like it is with literally every other RTS since 1998 with 2 exception (maybe 3: CoH, total war, dawn of war)

no thanks
15 Nov 2018, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2018, 08:23 AMKatitof

It means they are unwilling to create new entry that people would actually want and instead go for easy, low budget solution which equals to throwing meat scraps at a bunch of angry dogs in hopes they won't tear them apart.

Also, both of these already are "remastered" with modern QoL solutions and improved balance in OpenRA project.

Yes. Remasters are two sides of a coin.
- On the one hand, this is an old great game.
- On the other hand, this reluctance to invent something new that would repeat the same success.

Remaster is not a game - it is a business, it is an attempt to sell what has already been sold at minimal cost.
The only question is which side do you tolerate more.
15 Nov 2018, 15:10 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

I cant see the bad news here.
Okay. To be honest i cant judge it because the remaster version will be done by Petroglyph. Petroglyph made one of my all-time-favorite games; STAR WARS Empire at War. So i hope they will be able to remaster CnC. Cant wait to see the first game screenshots.
15 Nov 2018, 16:51 PM

Petroglyph made one of my all-time-favorite games; STAR WARS Empire at War. So i hope they will be able to remaster CnC.

I think the main game was pretty ok (there was horrible unit balance in Forces of Corruption tho) but the only thing which made the game super awesome IMO were the mods, mainly AotR and S.A.U. from Steiners Modding Group

I know... the mods would never have existed without the main game... but still :D
15 Nov 2018, 18:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well, this is the best result you could expect coming from EA. Reminder that their ideas for the IP was basically relegating it to a mobile game after the disastrous final releases of the game and the cancellation of the last project.
16 Nov 2018, 06:03 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

For me, it all started from RA1, the fascination with RTS. This news makes me happy, as RA1 has been my second most played game to date and i would like to see it refreshed.
16 Nov 2018, 06:15 AM

EA pretty dead for me. No trust in them of focusing making a game compared to just trying to get money.
16 Nov 2018, 12:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2018, 06:15 AMThamor
EA pretty dead for me. No trust in them of focusing making a game compared to just trying to get money.

This :clap:
F#@$ EA
16 Nov 2018, 13:58 PM

I see it as a validation of the dirty tactic more than anything else. "remastered" and "HD" are going to be the new buzzwords that translate to "we are out of ideas".

On the other hand, while I never would have bought a NEW Age of Empires game or Empire Earth, I can see myself being bored enough and nostalgic enough to buy AoE Remastered, play it for an hour, try online and get destroyed, and never pick it up again if it were cheap. Full Price?? lol fuck off Microsoft.

You will never see a Starcraft or Warcraft title "remastered" and that is because Blizzard can at least make decent sequels.

16 Nov 2018, 14:04 PM

Okay. To be honest i cant judge it because the remaster version will be done by Petroglyph. Petroglyph made one of my all-time-favorite games; STAR WARS Empire at War. So i hope they will be able to remaster CnC. Cant wait to see the first game screenshots.

Just recently started playing around with mods because I enjoyed that game but hated the corruption mechanic. I love how all the mods seem to embrace the EU and ignore the new movies. As for the game itself, I still remember Force Commander and the land battles barely feel better than that game. The Space battles were pretty good and a massive improvement over Rebellion. Fuck I wish there was a new Rebellion. I can remember editing that game for new units and scaring the shit out of people online by renaming my first Death Star under construction Death Star 3 and making it obvious it was there.

Have some nostalgia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCU_6IFc9t0
17 Nov 2018, 10:56 AM

Permanently Banned
Imo its good news, EA must make money, its there job, make few fat guys to be rich, but its EA with its money politic, so i dont trust them.
17 Nov 2018, 19:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This :clap:
F#@$ EA

Yeah, I never played C&C, but I'm not wishing for any of its fans' hopes no doubt getting soon ruined by whatever-bad-stuff EA will think up.
17 Nov 2018, 20:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2018, 19:59 PMVuther

Yeah, I never played C&C, but I'm not wishing for any of its fans' hopes no doubt getting soon ruined by whatever-bad-stuff EA will think up.

Iplayed Red Alert 2 and generals ( and many other great EA games from the 2000s) and both were great but i stopped supporting this #$@%#ckers a long time ago because they are only about sucking us dry. They dont care about games and gamers anymore, only the money.
19 Nov 2018, 12:40 PM

They´ll need more than a remaster to make C&C1 interesting to play today.
They would have say a reboot with new design, I would have had some hype but even if I slept hundred of hundred of hours on the original when I was 14, today the game mechanism and design is just out of date.
20 Nov 2018, 01:13 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2018, 12:40 PMEsxile
They´ll need more than a remaster to make C&C1 interesting to play today.
They would have say a reboot with new design, I would have had some hype but even if I slept hundred of hundred of hours on the original when I was 14, today the game mechanism and design is just out of date.

At least they'll have squishing. I don't think RTSes ever really do that much, strangely enough. If it happens in CoH, it's almost a bug.
20 Nov 2018, 06:30 AM

OpenRA its all the remaster C&C ever needed, also the OpenRA dev team patches the game regularly and dont ask any payments in return. EA is trying to rob us all, again
13 Feb 2019, 19:44 PM

I have played RA1 like once or twice but I really got into RTS & C&C games starting with RA2. I wish they would remaster RA2 as well with new animation similar to what Donnie said above ^^.
14 Feb 2019, 12:43 PM

Slap some micro-transactions on that bitch and call it remastered baby.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★