Login

russian armor

Artillery Flares of OKW's Special Operations Commander

1 Nov 2018, 03:20 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I love you all :)

(Never change COH2.org forums, never change)
1 Nov 2018, 04:02 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Invis some comments. Next time stop quoting and feeding pointless discussion and just use the report tool.

If you guys have any issues which each other just use the PM or be short and quick on the shitbox. Sorry the shoutbox.
1 Nov 2018, 04:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Relic nerfing them to the point that the might as well have been removed is a greater possibility than actually removing them and replacing them with something useful. See demo charges for the most recent example

TBH, while i don't like the way they nerf demos, they are in a much healthy spot than before. I've seen them used with good results in recent games such as Von Ansten-Isildur vs Prodigy-Cpt Sprice finals.
1 Nov 2018, 04:49 AM

TBH, while i don't like the way they nerf demos, they are in a much healthy spot than before. I've seen them used with good results in recent games such as Von Ansten-Isildur vs Prodigy-Cpt Sprice finals.

the self spot gutted the only proper stock blob buster for Soviet (Katy CAN work, but is usually more of a force retreat than a blob buster) I would have much rather capped model kills at 3 per squad so it can inflict bleed.
As a building clearer satchels are better hands down, cheaper, on a squad you actually Want and because they are tossed Into the building the damage all the walls a bit better than planted outside, plus they can be used on the fly vs premediation (and again.. Are Cheaper)
Demos deal 160 more damage, but it takes 3 to kill an okw base, 3 satchels and 3 demos.... So save yourself 60 mu and just use satchels.

If demos are supposed to used as building ambush clearers they need to be cheaper still. It's like a building mine and 65mu for that is situational and over priced.

But all in all of demos were outright removed little would change atm
1 Nov 2018, 10:27 AM

Seems like the better solution would be to just change it to a recon loiter IMO. That way you still get the full recon functionality

I don't really like the idea of a plane loiter, it's generic and doesn't fit the doctrine theme. Also in team games recon planes generally become completely useless because there will always be some good AA around and the planes get shot down instantly. It should remain a unique recon ability IMO.

The solution you presented does definitely have merits though, especially for spotting with isgs or Stukas.

Which is why I proposed the solution of extending all units' view range by 2x (or whatever number) in an area for xx seconds in conjunction with flares being dropped for visual clue, which in essence has the same effect of using the current flare to 'scout ahead' for your units. This however removes the uncounterable and unbalanced synergy of flares being able to be dropped anywhere in team games, and one would have to be willing to risk diving a vehicle deep into enemy territory to scout artillery pieces or FRPs (but it would still be possible - although counterable now).
1 Nov 2018, 10:55 AM

2x the range might be a bit much but I really like the idea of increased sightrange. Would maybe be a good change for all flares of that route is taken for the sake of consistency
2 Nov 2018, 17:21 PM

Nerf too big. At least in the first case.

-I don't think i have seen competitive games with people using flares on infantry units. Not at a point which is relevant.

-In the case of ISG, it could work but i don't know if the tools are there for simply "copy pasting" Soviet flares into ISG.

Also most people don't like when abilities are completely removed (see the case in revamp rework).

However, the similar ability of Rifle Company works this way now.
2 Nov 2018, 19:17 PM

However, the similar ability of Rifle Company works this way now.

Pls use sense before spitting words. USF would be awfully OP if they had such arty flares, you are trying to justify nonsense with more nonsense.
Keep on point, arty flares give vision too far inside enemy lines, make it select only borderline sectors and shoot flares all around it, that way you achieve both, what you wanted to point out and give people using it something useful.
3 Nov 2018, 00:13 AM

Sander93, I do actually like the idea of increased sight, although 2x does seem to be a bit much. Fits thematically with the commander I think.

Pls use sense before spitting words. USF would be awfully OP if they had such arty flares, you are trying to justify nonsense with more nonsense.
Keep on point, arty flares give vision too far inside enemy lines, make it select only borderline sectors and shoot flares all around it, that way you achieve both, what you wanted to point out and give people using it something useful.

Why would USF be OP with something like that? It'd be nice to hear some reasons instead of you just blatantly attacking other people for saying anything about allies.
3 Nov 2018, 01:11 AM

Why would USF be OP with something like that? It'd be nice to hear some reasons instead of you just blatantly attacking other people for saying anything about allies.

Simple, I have no problem at all explaining my point.
If USF can have free vision as a flare call-in, they have clear advantage on intel for push strategies. USF infantry has the most variety of smoke cover of all factions. So you could clearly deny MG's and Pak's that way. Later on push with riflemen and obliterate or force retreat of support weapons. Without those mainline infantry will fall to shermans/arty support and finally tanks if present.
Also it will stack directly with P-77 air support, wich needs constant vision in order to planes to keep firing.
Finally but not the least of all, such spotting abilities in allied factions will tend to overpower even more heavy hitting call-ins (to name a few 240mm/Il2 sturmoviks/UKF howitzers) and also mention allied factions have more of those.
Simply put: Offensive faction + easy recon = OP
3 Nov 2018, 01:59 AM

Isn't... OKW an offensive faction?

Anyway, p. sure the guy wasn't saying USF should get eye-in-the-sky flares, but rather they currently do have riflemen flares.

I think pfusiliers get it too, and maybe jaegers?
3 Nov 2018, 09:33 AM

I mean any faction with current art flares would be OP. And similar abilities should be somewhat equivalent to each other.
Only borderline sectors would be fine.
However, I prefer replacing it with recon overfilght because this commander is expected to infiltrate enemy lines with radio slience and intel behind enemy lines. A glance of enemy defence is enough to plan an infiltration.
3 Nov 2018, 09:44 AM

Simple, I have no problem at all explaining my point.
If USF can have free vision as a flare call-in, they have clear advantage on intel for push strategies. USF infantry has the most variety of smoke cover of all factions. So you could clearly deny MG's and Pak's that way. Later on push with riflemen and obliterate or force retreat of support weapons. Without those mainline infantry will fall to shermans/arty support and finally tanks if present.
Also it will stack directly with P-77 air support, wich needs constant vision in order to planes to keep firing.
Finally but not the least of all, such spotting abilities in allied factions will tend to overpower even more heavy hitting call-ins (to name a few 240mm/Il2 sturmoviks/UKF howitzers) and also mention allied factions have more of those.
Simply put: Offensive faction + easy recon = OP

In fact, Okw can deny allies defence the same way with volks. Moreover, Okw got walking stuka that could effectively wipe out any team weapon. Let alone taking other combos(flares and zeroing art making any part of the field into a no-man-zone for example) in team game into consideration.
3 Nov 2018, 10:31 AM

In fact, Okw can deny allies defence the same way with volks. Moreover, Okw got walking stuka that could effectively wipe out any team weapon. Let alone taking other combos(flares and zeroing art making any part of the field into a no-man-zone for example) in team game into consideration.

Combining abilities from different player is really difficult to balance and their allot of combination that are OP from both Allies and Axis.

The specific one is strong but zeroing artillery is actually an over priced ability that does not really work without synergy from team players. It could actually be redesign to be easier to use and less powerful in combination with flares.

The flares should start by having their CD increased by allot and see how that goes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★