Login

russian armor

Buff Ostwind

PAGES (11)down
13 Nov 2018, 21:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2018, 21:25 PMKatitof

AA gun that can't shoot down planes, bofors up.

And yes, it is balanced.
Its just going to be standing there.

You will be hit by it exclusively if you specifically choose to once you know where it is.

It works wrong, it should work like OKW base, not like a Centaur.

Next thing, Centaur. Too much pen for a AI-tank.
13 Nov 2018, 21:29 PM

I don't think I'd wish the stats of the maxim on the worst of my enemies.

Maxim isn't a bad gun, has better suppression as Vickers, don't stop shooing by if suppressed. And with the Vet of Vickers (more range in garrison, more sight in garrison, passive DPS buff) it would be a good weapon.
13 Nov 2018, 21:34 PM

Are you saying that maxim has a higher suppression build up stat than Vickers?

Sir, you go too far.
13 Nov 2018, 21:45 PM

Are you saying that maxim has a higher suppression build up stat than Vickers?

Sir, you go too far.

It depends on the situation. Maxim ignores suppression by its own, so it will shoot and shoot... that is why it wins versus a HMG42 even if the Maxim is out of cover and HMG-crew in medium-cover.

And the stats say it so, in Stats Maxim has the higher nearby_suppression_multiplier and Suppression_multiplier. Vickers has some more amount by it own.

Vickers has some crazy burst multiplier, it is a complete broken weapon. (same with HMG42, which arrieves way too early) And Maxim become some crazy rate of fire Multiplier too...

Edit: If you put all together… Allii HMGs have stupid stats. xD

13 Nov 2018, 21:49 PM

Looking at the stats in Cruzz's calculator Vickers has higher rate of fire and a higher suppression rate. Though you can easily see this in game, too, assuming the Vickers doesn't drop a targeted model before suppressing.

My own experience is that you don't have a maxim and an mg42 face off in an old timey duel, but rather they are supposed to suppress mobile infantry...

... in which case, I'll gladly take the vickers over the maxim, even with only 4 members, any day.

Though I'm definitely going off topic now.
13 Nov 2018, 21:52 PM

Looking at the stats in Cruzz's calculator Vickers has higher rate of fire and a higher suppression rate.

My own experience is that you don't have a maxim and an mg42 face off in an old timey duel, but rather they are supposed to suppress mobile infantry..

... in which case, I'll gladly take the vickers over the maxim, even with only 4 members, any day.

Though I'm definitely going off topic now.

I also put a Vickers over a HMG42. In most situations you don't need suppression, instead you kill the enemy by ignoring cover. Vickers in german hands is so broken.

But yes. Back to topic:
-Ostwind is too weak as AI tank with such less pen.
-Centaur is too strong as such a good AI with such high pen.
-OKW-base is balanced.
-Bofors is stupid as is... etc.
13 Nov 2018, 21:53 PM

I would definitely not put Vickers over MG42, but this is all beside the point so I'll drop it.

13 Nov 2018, 21:57 PM

I would definitely not put Vickers over MG42, but this is all beside the point so I'll drop it.

Vickers is good in combo with Osttruppen. Your biggest enemy of Osttruppen is suppression, suppression of their enemys. ^^

And the stats of HMG34 would be also ok for Vickers.

EDIT:

I think one problem of Ostwind is the hole line-up of Ostheer.

1. You can use 222 as FlaK.
2. You can use Panzer4 as AI.
3. Don't build T3 and build a Brummbär instead. lol
13 Nov 2018, 22:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2018, 21:25 PMKatitof

AA gun that can't shoot down planes, bofors up.

And yes, it is balanced.
Its just going to be standing there.

You will be hit by it exclusively if you specifically choose to once you know where it is.

Also fun fact:
Vickers has lower DPS then HMG42.
Why does it kill so much?
Because its suppression is so shit, suppressed squads take lower damage from small arms for some time.

So your perception of it being too strong, ironically, comes out of it being too weak in the one single role HMG should be doing.

That information is incorrect according to Cruzz the Vicker has more dps than hmg-42 at almost all ranges.
13 Nov 2018, 22:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2018, 22:09 PMVipper

That information is incorrect according to Cruzz the Vicker has more dps than hmg-42 at almost all ranges.

And that range is only 1 :lolol:

For what it matters, the damage is similar besides 0-10 range, which almost no infantry squad manages to get into range.

Random thought. Would Ostwind with MG suppression be broken ? Talking about 1/2 bulletins level of suppression.
13 Nov 2018, 22:24 PM

With that low performance of Ostwind it would be better if its main gun has suppression and the bulletin gets removed.
13 Nov 2018, 22:37 PM

And that range is only 1 :lolol:

For what it matters, the damage is similar besides 0-10 range, which almost no infantry squad manages to get into range.

Random thought. Would Ostwind with MG suppression be broken ? Talking about 1/2 bulletins level of suppression.

One can simply make it a timed ability costing MU or a barrage similar to bofors.
13 Nov 2018, 22:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2018, 22:37 PMVipper

One can simply make it a timed ability costing MU or a barrage similar to bofors.

That would be a good solution. Something like rapid-reload, so it becomes like OKW-base e.g.

Instead of Blitzkrieg.

E.g.: so also the slow fire-rate of Ostwind becomes more logical. ^^

But don't fixes the broken Bofors animation. :P next toipic!
13 Nov 2018, 23:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2018, 22:09 PMVipper

If HMG42 is at vet1, which comes incredibly fast, then that information is correct as HMG42 with inc rounds will have most DPS of all HMGs by a long shot(don't even attempt to contest this argument, you have used the exact same one in the other discussion just now).
13 Nov 2018, 23:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2018, 23:03 PMKatitof

If HMG42 is at vet1, which comes incredibly fast, then that information is correct as HMG42 with inc rounds will have most DPS of all HMGs by a long shot(don't even attempt to contest this argument, you have used the exact same one in the other discussion just now).

Word of advice, post less and pay more attention on what you write.

If you want to claim that "a HMG42 using AP round have more DPS than Vickers" than write that and not "Vickers has lower DPS then HMG42." That actually means some completely different, it is simply wrong and you are spreading misinformation.

On the other hand you can stop acting like 5 year old boy with his hand in the jar of marmalade pretending that he has done nothing wrong and simply admit your mistake. Then you will stop wasting all our time and we can simply move on. People might even start taking more seriously.

Have a nice day.
14 Nov 2018, 13:26 PM

i wonder could ostwind work if it was avaiable from tier 2 upgrade from same building where you get pak and 222
14 Nov 2018, 13:38 PM

i wonder could ostwind work if it was avaiable from tier 2 upgrade from same building where you get pak and 222

Remember how bad it was when we had 7 minute T-70?
Why do you think it would be a good idea to put even stronger unit in that time frame?
14 Nov 2018, 14:32 PM

I just think its AI and AA should be buffed. Maybe be with a cost increase. The Problem of this unit is it doesnt stand out, and doesnt have an particular time frame becouse 1 min longer and you get a P4
14 Nov 2018, 16:18 PM

I think its problem is just shitty performance.

It fires a volley and kills a grand total of one or two models. You get "one or two volleys" from any other AA vehicles and you are either suppressed (Halftracks), or dead (Centaur)
14 Nov 2018, 19:05 PM

I just think its AI and AA should be buffed. Maybe be with a cost increase. ,,,

You are pushing ostwind even farther into the useless land if you raise its cost. There has been plenty of ideas of how to "solve" Ostwind lackluster situation, take a minute and read some.
Anyway if ostwind had its firing rate doubled when stationary could be a way to improve its AA but also not making it a destruction machine.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS