Login

russian armor

Arty Friendly Fire is broken

27 Oct 2018, 19:22 PM

Why on earth friendly fire for arty is so low? And before anyone says "because of trolls" there must be a better way to figure out that. Keep track of friendly casualties, then punish/lower rank/ban IDC.
I saw too many times allied infantry running under land mattresses fire or katyushas rockets. Also for axis they just run under LefH or panzerwefer volleys. 3v3 or 4v4 matches become an arty fiesta and only foes die from it.
Only exceptions are mayor arty call-ins like 240mm or sturmtiger
Its simply wrong and its used even worse ingame.
27 Oct 2018, 20:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Friendly fire should not be as friendly. Also FF from what i remember is all over the board with different values for similar units.
27 Oct 2018, 22:11 PM

The best feature of coh2 is friendly fire: an enemy can destroy your base with AT guns no problem, but try to de-crew those AT guns to stop.... Not a chance.
27 Oct 2018, 23:02 PM

Its like that for 5 years and now you noticed?
28 Oct 2018, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2018, 23:02 PMKatitof
Its like that for 5 years and now you noticed?

what did you do to change it back then?
Let me guess... nothing.

Back to topic!

Seriously, let the mod devs release a "no FF" mod, in order to test if it will break the game.
28 Oct 2018, 14:38 PM

what did you do to change it back then?
Let me guess... nothing.

Back to topic!

Seriously, let the mod devs release a "no FF" mod, in order to test if it will break the game.

Why would I do anything to change that?
I'm not dropping arty on allies.
28 Oct 2018, 15:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2018, 14:38 PMKatitof

Why would I do anything to change that?
I'm not dropping arty on allies.

I cant believe an old fart is telling me "he had never dropped arty on allies", cmon! And my point was not using arty to cause friendly casualties, but in certain chokepoints if you know the arty is coming from an allie, then you just let it rain, otherwise its time to push that "R" key real hard.

I am flattered to have a chat with you katitof, i do respect you, but your ways are too hostile and cinic.
28 Oct 2018, 15:49 PM
Donator 11

It suits the arcade style of this game. Why should it be changed, if you need to wait every time a teammate drops something on someone, the game would probably go longer than it already is.
Although i think for low health units its still risky to walk under FF.
28 Oct 2018, 15:55 PM

It suits the arcade style of this game. Why should it be changed, if you need to wait every time a teammate drops something on someone, the game would probably go longer than it already is.

Thanks sir, i do think the same way too.
Still the way the game runs allows some really cheesy abuses, and that breaks the arcade style. My whole point in a single sentece.

At least, make any unit allied get suppressed, or pinned when friendly arty blast nearby them.
28 Oct 2018, 18:45 PM

Permanently Banned
Fun fact: all UKF arty does ZERO friendly fire damage. They can stand in their arty all day because Churchill made a deal with the devil to give eyes to all British artillery shells.
28 Oct 2018, 20:15 PM

Fun fact: all UKF arty does ZERO friendly fire damage. They can stand in their arty all day because Churchill made a deal with the devil to give eyes to all British artillery shells.

Actually the damage received a buff in December 2017.

"Friendly-Fire AOE damage from 0.025 to 1/0.25/0.1"
29 Oct 2018, 05:46 AM

At least make it consistent and for the love of God if it's Going to be the way it is make bases IMMUNE to friendly fire. Why always with the half assed and inconsistent relic WHY
29 Oct 2018, 07:06 AM

Panzerwerfer, Stuka and Brit base howitzers all deal a big amount of friendly fire tho. Maybe you should get your facts straight first
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★