Login

russian armor

Teller mines and OHKs

PAGES (7)down
30 Sep 2018, 04:40 AM

Permanently Banned
To be fair, its a lot easier to wipe with demos as there are many points that squads need to cap. Vehicles have plenty of paths to choose and may drive off road so the chance of losing a vehicle to a teller is far lower than wiping a squad with a demo.
30 Sep 2018, 04:54 AM

To be fair, its a lot easier to wipe with demos as there are many points that squads need to cap. Vehicles have plenty of paths to choose and may drive off road so the chance of losing a vehicle to a teller is far lower than wiping a squad with a demo.

you know that cap areas are circular right? you can just cap on the opposite side of the point if you suspect a demo is there.

another thing that I used to do was simply using infiltration nades on the point as a sweeping method (most useful okw commanders have these nades and they only cost 15 munis)
30 Sep 2018, 06:02 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2018, 04:54 AMzerocoh

you know that cap areas are circular right? you can just cap on the opposite side of the point if you suspect a demo is there.

another thing that I used to do was simply using infiltration nades on the point as a sweeping method (most useful okw commanders have these nades and they only cost 15 munis)

Oh right, if micromanaging capping circles was that easy, you can just drive offroad because 50 munis isn't cheap to spam tellers on random off road locations.
30 Sep 2018, 06:35 AM

Yeah well look at demos now. They can’t be placed in cap zones (or even in the general vicinity lol) and get revealed when you walk within like 10 meters of them. We could do something like that for tellers too I guess if we’re really gonna compare the two. Demos are also more expensive (I think thy used to be 90 muni back when they were actually good too). Booby traps on obers and jaegers are also still a thing, and you don’t even need to manually detonate them.
30 Sep 2018, 08:07 AM

Booby traps on obers and jaegers are also still a thing, and you don’t even need to manually detonate them.

They also do far less damage, are only placeable on points and as you said you can't detonate them by yourself, which actually is a disadvantage compared to old Demos since you can't pick your target.

30 Sep 2018, 09:31 AM

which is why its 50 munitions? and besides thats 90 munitions killing a 300-400 mp squad vs 50 munitions killing a 260 mp + 70 fuel tank... which is more ridiculous?
30 Sep 2018, 09:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2018, 09:31 AMgbem

which is more ridiculous?

Both are, which is why neither should be in the game IMO. Demos shouldn't oneshot squads and tellers shouldn't oneshot light tanks.
30 Sep 2018, 09:36 AM

Both are, which is why neither should be in the game IMO. Demos shouldn't oneshot squads and tellers shouldn't oneshot light tanks.

exactly my point... its time for tellers to get the hammer aswell...
30 Sep 2018, 10:46 AM

Tanks had no armor on their bottom side, so a OHK on ligh tanks is absolutly accurate. Teller mines were effectively the most dangerous mine to any armor. If you cant accept that then COH2 is not your game...
30 Sep 2018, 10:53 AM

Tanks had no armor on their bottom side, so a OHK on ligh tanks is absolutly accurate. Teller mines were effectively the most dangerous mine to any armor. If you cant accept that then COH2 is not your game...

I don't remember you preaching similar thing when demos were nerfed out of the game for killing squads and I thought humans have rather low resistance/perception against hidden explosives.
30 Sep 2018, 10:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2018, 10:53 AMKatitof

I don't remember you preaching similar thing when demos were nerfed out of the game for killing squads and I thought humans have rather low resistance/perception against hidden explosives.

Maybe because indeed humans have low shock wave resistance? Also no smart man would leave demo charges at plain sight to be destroyed? Maybe im not a developer and did not pushed those changes at all? Maybe my opinion is just similar as yours, but you dont know it yet?
30 Sep 2018, 11:04 AM

Maybe because indeed humans have low shock wave resistance? Also no smart man would leave demo charges at plain sight to be destroyed? Maybe im not a developer and did not pushed those changes at all? Maybe my opinion is just similar as yours, but you dont know it yet?

soo lets bring back the old demo and make it even?
30 Sep 2018, 11:08 AM

then the TM-33 should oneshot lights too... and the IS-2 ISU-152 should rip off king tiger turrets in one shot... bad idea? it is...

this is a game with a bit of history and should be balanced accordingly

if you want REAL history... wait for steel division 2 or play MOWAS
30 Sep 2018, 11:08 AM

Tanks also do not have health pools IRL but here we are. Games need to sacrifice some realism for playability.
30 Sep 2018, 11:15 AM

scratch MOWAS though... doesnt display penetration potentials properly... and range scaling still occurs in that game... plus really big HE rounds still arent lethal enough... and according to MOWAS the jagdtiger has 250mm armor on its glacis... what?
30 Sep 2018, 11:26 AM

I want to ask something, is the problem that teller mines do 0HK tanks? or is this a demo charges got nerfed and then should something in axis get nerfed too debate?

Apart from that. Maybe teller mines could get the damage/cost reduction. I agree that is a good way to improve their usage and remove the 0HK feature.
Another way to reduce their huge damage but in a balanced way could be making them seriously shock the crew inside, stunning them for a few seconds. Enough for a pak to finish them if they are properly overwatched.
Im running out of ideas to be honest...
30 Sep 2018, 11:44 AM

I want to ask something, is the problem that teller mines do 0HK tanks? or is this a demo charges got nerfed and then should something in axis get nerfed too debate?

Apart from that. Maybe teller mines could get the damage/cost reduction. I agree that is a good way to improve their usage and remove the 0HK feature.
Another way to reduce their huge damage but in a balanced way could be making them seriously shock the crew inside, stunning them for a few seconds. Enough for a pak to finish them if they are properly overwatched.
Im running out of ideas to be honest...

tellers and demos should not OHK targets... pointing out the demo nerf is there simply to point out wehraboo hypocrisy...

actually i think beast hunter got it right... heavy engine damage instead of standard engine damage but a reduction to 400 damage... it prevents the OHK but it leaves the tank absolutely helpless if unsupported...
30 Sep 2018, 11:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2018, 11:44 AMgbem

...heavy engine damage instead of standard engine damage...

Is heavy engine damage implemented in the game?
How it would differ from a broken tread? Just asking, im curious.
30 Sep 2018, 11:53 AM

Is heavy engine damage implemented in the game?
How it would differ from a broken tread? Just asking, im curious.

ever tried ramming with a T-34? or recrewing a tank that was about to be destroyed? it cant move at all... and even if it can its moving at extremely slow speeds...
30 Sep 2018, 14:28 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2018, 11:04 AMgbem

soo lets bring back the old demo and make it even?

It's already even. S-mines are visible. So Ost and SU both have a visible mine and an invisible mine. How would you like invisible s-mines?
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS