Login

russian armor

Advanced emplacement regiment

25 Sep 2018, 20:23 PM

this doctrine needs more nerfs, it's pretty telling how sub 30 players can cheese their way to brit top 10 abusing it (not naming any names but it's obvious if you follow twitch like myself). Luckily the top UKF players that were actually skilled at axis as well that made it to the GCS2 finals felt better than abusing this.

Repair stations should take up popcap and the howitzer ability shouldn't be in the game

EDIT: I have seen an added cancer to this which is british trench spam, certain players are just spamming 50 of them around their base or side of the map to mess with tank pathing and base dives. It's also impossible to use them against your UKF enemy as they usually have them under bofor or mortar cover (all repair by forward HQ and impossible to kill). They should return to 80mp to stop this bs
25 Sep 2018, 20:32 PM

Stuve did nothing wrong
25 Sep 2018, 20:42 PM

Just vote for it in (hopefully) the next commander rework patch.

I myself have a few ideas for it like replacing the counter battery with something more useful and practical. As well as the Fortification upgrade being swapped with something like Tank Traps so Sappers have something going for them as well.

The most simple solution for the FA repair stations is just replacing them with Stand Fast I think.

Overall the commander can be made more practical and less cheesey only given a chance.
25 Sep 2018, 21:37 PM

The doctrine is a meme now, just like the rest of brits.

If anyone in top 10 is losing to that, they shouldn't be in top 10 most likely.
25 Sep 2018, 21:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2018, 21:37 PMKatitof
The doctrine is a meme now, just like the rest of brits.

If anyone in top 10 is losing to that, they shouldn't be in top 10 most likely.

Said from a man who have only a handfull game with brits...so he have no clue from them
25 Sep 2018, 21:52 PM

Said from a man who have only a handfull game with brits...so he have no clue from them

And you are rank 2000 as brits and rank 5000 as soviets.

I see you are making progress ullumulu, keep going

:)
25 Sep 2018, 23:32 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

And you are rank 2000 as brits and rank 5000 as soviets.

I see you are making progress ullumulu, keep going

:)

WOO PLAYERCARD TRAIN!

Arn't you rank 1 axis 3s AT?

26 Sep 2018, 00:20 AM

WOO PLAYERCARD TRAIN!

Arn't you rank 1 axis 3s AT?

I mean just look at that 95% winrate. Those numbers are rookie numbers
26 Sep 2018, 00:29 AM

I mean just look at that 95% winrate. Those numbers are rookie numbers

6 losses :lolol: My grandmother has less losses than that :lolol:
26 Sep 2018, 00:46 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Ive gone through individual gcs qualifiers with way fewer losses than that too. :romeoPro:

Edit:ive gone through a not-at-all relevant faceoff against stuve and had fewer losses than that
26 Sep 2018, 12:55 PM

Ive gone through individual gcs qualifiers with way fewer losses than that too. :romeoPro:

Edit:ive gone through a not-at-all relevant faceoff against stuve and had fewer losses than that

B...But all 6 losses were cuz of sync errors or drophack, or the slow loading bug where everyone gets kicked at the start if someone (from the opponents) needs too long to load/connect to the game :guyokay:

:bananadance::bananadance::bananadance:
26 Sep 2018, 15:14 PM

edit: very immature of me but I won't let this turn into character or fanboy wars. There's too much baiting going on already

26 Sep 2018, 15:16 PM

Can you kiddos stop with the dick measuring contest and get on with the topic at hand before it's locked?
26 Sep 2018, 15:26 PM

Just vote for it in (hopefully) the next commander rework patch.

I respectfully disagree, I don't think emplacements or defensive sim city fortifications should have any place in CoH. Certainly not enough to build a commander around.

Other brit commanders could use a rework first, especially the one with BOYS AT rifles. The halftrack could use some adjustments to make it worth the pricetag and doctrine pick.

I mean doctrines with unique units like that should have priority, advanced emplacement didn't add a single new unit apart from stat tweaks on emplacements and some code for the base howitzers ability. Not much worth salvaging there with the limited work the community balance team can do.

26 Sep 2018, 15:35 PM

Counter barrage should simply be moved to Royal arty.

A hard counter to indirect fire in a commander designed to turtle has is simply bad design.
26 Sep 2018, 16:57 PM

Well if we're being serious, I don't think there's any viable strategy here which doesn't have respected counters. I'm not sure what strategy OP is talking about, which I assume Stuve used, but from my experience and knowledge setting up fort UKF with all the bells and whistles is just too expensive when you can just tech and get a tank.
26 Sep 2018, 16:59 PM

I respectfully disagree, I don't think emplacements or defensive sim city fortifications should have any place in CoH. Certainly not enough to build a commander around.

Other brit commanders could use a rework first, especially the one with BOYS AT rifles. The halftrack could use some adjustments to make it worth the pricetag and doctrine pick.

I mean doctrines with unique units like that should have priority, advanced emplacement didn't add a single new unit apart from stat tweaks on emplacements and some code for the base howitzers ability. Not much worth salvaging there with the limited work the community balance team can do.

And I can whole heartedly tell you that I can make it practical and not cheesy.
26 Sep 2018, 18:59 PM

Can people stop namedropping other players in my thread, keep it on topic about this commander

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2018, 15:35 PMVipper
Counter barrage should simply be moved to Royal arty.

A hard counter to indirect fire in a commander designed to turtle has is simply bad design.

I feel like it's just too powerful, it's a zero micro ability. Even if you swapped it into royal arty you would have to sacrifice a perfectly good unit like valentine or such.
26 Sep 2018, 19:04 PM

And I can whole heartedly tell you that I can make it practical and not cheesy.

you'll need a lot more than tank traps to make it interesting for me, the only way I can see it being rescued is some sort of new units (maybe a different engineer variant that can tear down emplacements and have them work as semi-mobile heavy support weapons for teamgames). But relic already said any new units or major code changes is out of scope.
26 Sep 2018, 19:14 PM

you'll need a lot more than tank traps to make it interesting for me, the only way I can see it being rescued is some sort of new units (maybe a different engineer variant that can tear down emplacements and have them work as semi-mobile heavy support weapons for teamgames). But relic already said any new units or major code changes is out of scope.

Yep, I was planning on suggesting a "withdraw and refit" but for emplacements like some other people already suggested.

That and adding some improvements to the Sappers, so both the IS and Sappers would benefit from the commander instead of primarily the IS.

And lastly, you shouldn't confuse new units, which exist in the files and can be added, and new models, which we sadly cannot make or even if we did we can't import, and Relic have specifically stated that they can't be bothered with making new models, so new units as they are being added in the rework mod are entirely possible.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 19
United Kingdom 106
United States 6
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %