Login

russian armor

Generalist balance.

20 Sep 2018, 16:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2018, 16:40 PMKirrik
For real? Do you even know that everyone can write everything in wikipedia? here is actual source in Russian. It deals mostly with human casualties during operations not vehicles loses
http://lib.ru/MEMUARY/1939-1945/KRIWOSHEEW/poteri.txt
TL;DR Total amount of lost vehicles =/= amount of vehicles lost in combat, these are different things. Tanks and SPG's captured in early war after being dumped due to no fuel or ammo is also counted in there

Krivosheev isn't "anyone", russian website about some book that they can't even possibly translate in english is.

Try presenting a proper counterargument.
20 Sep 2018, 16:50 PM

Russian website is literally book you're talking about.
20 Sep 2018, 16:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2018, 16:50 PMKirrik
Russian website is literally book you're talking about.

And how does it extrapolate from it ? Is it any different from the figures shown in the wiki ? I guess i will never know because that is russian i'm trying to read.
20 Sep 2018, 17:07 PM

And how does it extrapolate from it ? Is it any different from the figures shown in the wiki ? I guess i will never know because that is russian i'm trying to read.

Learn some Russian then cyka. ;)

You can also use the handy Internet to translate it for you. It's not perfect but it can help you discern simple data like statistics quite nicely.

Chrome on my phone automatically offers to translate that link. I think it suffices well.
20 Sep 2018, 17:08 PM

That book is huge you know? The thing I'm reading states only plane loses counted are direct combat loses, rest includes abandoned stuff. Overall numbers are not that far from wiki, it's just clarified those are not direct combat loses, and "tank loses" includes SPGs and other stuff in it
20 Sep 2018, 17:12 PM

Well, it made King Tiger playable at the very least.

Anyway that's another game.

Ps: I don't think they kept the russian bias tho, mainly because the whole aphe meta and french and UK tanks being nerfed into oblivion backfired.

Righ now the game is trying to survive with 20k players.

They deserve it. Digging their own grave, one patch at a time.
20 Sep 2018, 17:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

After reading the first page...yeah moving it out of balance.
20 Sep 2018, 17:18 PM

3-85k destroyed russian tanks is correct. Learn the facts
20 Sep 2018, 17:19 PM

This Thread has it all and its great fun to read.
20 Sep 2018, 17:29 PM

They deserve it. Digging their own grave, one patch at a time.

They did, they are now trying to cash in with OPremiums n stuff for mad collectionists that want every single tank. But the game is decaying, not a single air/ground mode has been added for years.
20 Sep 2018, 18:53 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

So how does this have 70 posts in 9 hours?

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2018, 14:15 PMKatitof
The very best part about this thread is ullumulu openly denying germany starting ww2.

Holy fuck, he literally went for super axis fanboy god blue here.

I got that DBS reference :thumbsup:

Although it can be debated when WW2 started because of things like the 2nd Sino-Japanese war occuring long before the invasion of poland, most people agree that WW2 started when Germany AND the Soviet Union invaded poland.
20 Sep 2018, 19:09 PM

Wow... Why did I just read through every post in this thread? It´s like a trainwreck that you can´t take your eyes off.
20 Sep 2018, 19:14 PM

Wow... Why did I just read through every post in this thread? It´s like a trainwreck that you can´t take your eyes off.

Its a lot of fun to read honestly

So how does this have 70 posts in 9 hours?

I got that DBS reference :thumbsup:

Although it can be debated when WW2 started because of things like the 2nd Sino-Japanese war occuring long before the invasion of poland, most people agree that WW2 started when Germany AND the Soviet Union invaded poland.

People mention Real Life stats of tanks and immediately turns into a armchair general flame war, with an occasional German alt history boy, and a mix of trolling.
20 Sep 2018, 19:38 PM

[...] while IRL [...]

in real life those tanks would fight each other like over 3 screen lengths and get 1 shotted.

please close thread
21 Sep 2018, 06:42 AM

They did, they are now trying to cash in with OPremiums n stuff for mad collectionists that want every single tank. But the game is decaying, not a single air/ground mode has been added for years.

Just checked some of the new patches out on their website. They now have modern Era tanks lol. The entire appeal to me about their ground forces was the ww2 aspect, which was a real thing in the early stages of ground forces release. I had the most fun with it back then.

Air battles were cool too, until they butchered simulator battles unfortunately.
21 Sep 2018, 14:21 PM

maybe u shouldnt only read the school history books.

try to start with the british Historician Alan John Percivale Taylor..

What an utter nonsense. I am most aware of the work of AJP Taylor, (keeping it very simple for you) his work focuses on other historical triggers that may have had a strong influence over the political choices that Germany may have had. His hypothesis underlines that WW2 erupted because of Great Britain and France's policies with Germany and that certain German figures had the opportunity provided by these policies to rise to power, as population suffered. To sum it up, he does not deny what happened on the first of September '39, he points the finger at every major actor in the world around that decade, saying that things would have been different if they enacted differently. His work is still controversial, but it helped to reduce the "bad people" stereotype Germans have had. And all in one, his work is still a populist hypothesis with a strongly biased view.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 63
Germany 19
unknown 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak