Login

russian armor

Flame Halftrack

PAGES (8)down
21 Sep 2018, 23:29 PM

Funny how no one mentions the soviet flame clown car that literally comes about 4 mins earlier not to mention the allies having fully fledged armoured cars on the field at the same time as the flame half track.
22 Sep 2018, 00:16 AM

Which soviet flame clown car?
22 Sep 2018, 10:42 AM
Admin Red  Badge

Offtopic posts #83 - #85 invised. If you deploy counter arguments keep them civilized and make an effort to explain more in detail instead of using polarizing language.
22 Sep 2018, 17:46 PM

Funny how no one mentions the soviet flame clown car that literally comes about 4 mins earlier not to mention the allies having fully fledged armoured cars on the field at the same time as the flame half track.

No One mentioned the UC too. Which costs no fuel at all, comes earlyer than 251 and has higher range than Clown car + pios (and has self repair ability).
23 Sep 2018, 08:43 AM

You all seem to overlook that axis have counters to that right off the bat? OKW has ATG + fausts (after teching) and OST has fausts that work very well. I don't play OKW but as OST I usually don't have problems with clown cars or UC. I just keep a gren squad close to MG since they always come for it and faust the car.
And it's not even close to being as effective as flame halftrack.

At the same time USF has nothing until they tech to ATG or to flacktrack. UKF is the same. Only soviets can deal with Flame Halftrack immediately though not always optimally.

Anyway I think Flame Halftrack is in a good spot and maybe needs just a little tweaking because it is extremely effective against retreating squads.
23 Sep 2018, 10:53 AM

You all seem to overlook that axis have counters to that right off the bat? OKW has ATG + fausts (after teching) and OST has fausts that work very well. I don't play OKW but as OST I usually don't have problems with clown cars or UC. I just keep a gren squad close to MG since they always come for it and faust the car.
And it's not even close to being as effective as flame halftrack.

At the same time USF has nothing until they tech to ATG or to flacktrack. UKF is the same. Only soviets can deal with Flame Halftrack immediately though not always optimally.

Anyway I think Flame Halftrack is in a good spot and maybe needs just a little tweaking because it is extremely effective against retreating squads.

Going ATG so early as OKW is suicide, Ostheer fausts are good counters to clown car but have a much harder time vs UC, whilst the clown car almost always fks OKW. USF doesn't have anything because they dont need anything against vehicles so early own except for kubel which a lone RE can deal with.
23 Sep 2018, 11:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2018, 10:53 AMAlphrum

Going ATG so early as OKW is suicide, Ostheer fausts are good counters to clown car but have a much harder time vs UC, whilst the clown car almost always fks OKW. USF doesn't have anything because they dont need anything against vehicles so early own except for kubel which a lone RE can deal with.

Not going OKW ATG is suicide. Because then they need to wait for teching for fausts which allows clown cars abuse sturmpios and volks easily losing map control and giving fuel advantage. Most the time that results in a win for soviets. Though you maybe right about USF.
23 Sep 2018, 11:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2018, 10:53 AMAlphrum

I dont see how going a early rak is suicide. Considering it is your only counter to clown car/UC until you tech up. Letting these units go around unopposed would only hurt you immensely.
23 Sep 2018, 11:27 AM

OKW is hopeless versus clowncar+flamer. I don't get why Sturmpioneers don't get a close-range AT-nade to have any tools in early game.
23 Sep 2018, 11:33 AM

I dont see how going a early rak is suicide.

Not going OKW ATG is suicide.

Because getting a rak is a gamble on if SU actually goes t1, actually goes clown car (opposed to the strong Penals and Snipers) and it actually hits the clown car. If it's bought in reaction to a clown car, the car has plenty of time to do work before the rak actually gets into a position to get a shot off.

Im not saying the above is imba, but the logic is that if there is a window of vulnerability vs the clown car, why is a similar window vs flame half track unbalanced?
23 Sep 2018, 11:49 AM

I don't get, why Volksgrenadiers don't the the At-rifle-grenade at start of game and make Faust an upgrade.

Because its the same ability, but with different name.

I also love the logic of people here.
"I am not going to get a hardcounter for that unit as soon as I can to get rid of it asap, which will potentially wipe 1 or more squads on my side, because getting that 1 additional unit is a suicide for me, but losing 1-3 squads early game apparently is not"
23 Sep 2018, 11:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2018, 11:49 AMKatitof

Because its the same ability, but with different name.

You are playing the game first time? It has way less damage.

At least Faust of Grenadiers are also op, because it arrives too early.

Sa, why not:

Give OST Grenadiers AT-Rifle-nade instead of Faust, make Faust be unlocked with T3 as Faust 60. (so Osttruppen become special, because of having it at start).

Give Sturmpios an AT-Grenade. Volks get their Faust 30 as now, after teching, or maybe only behind T2.
23 Sep 2018, 12:00 PM

You are playing the game first time? It has way less damage.

At least Faust of Grenadiers are also op, because it arrives too early.

Sa, why not:

Give OST Grenadiers AT-Rifle-nade instead of Faust, make Faust be unlocked with T3 as Faust 60. (so Osttruppen become special, because of having it at start).

Give Sturmpios an AT-Grenade. Volks get their Faust 30 as now, after teching, or maybe only behind T2.

Because ost grenadiers have access to faust from get go.
You can NOT have grens and NOT have faust.

And OKW has AT unit in T0, from the start as well.

You have tools, denial and refusal of them isn't changing this fact.
23 Sep 2018, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2018, 12:00 PMKatitof

Because ost grenadiers have access to faust from get go.
You can NOT have grens and NOT have faust.

And OKW has AT unit in T0, from the start as well.

You have tools, denial and refusal of them isn't changing this fact.

Grenadiers only have access to Faust with T1, if you lose it, you lose the Faust. (same for Osttruppen)

If you make AT-Rifle-Grenade non-tech nothing will change. You can still make enginee-damage, but can't finish everything without support. If Faust arrives later, T3 or T4 e.g. side-tech or a upgrade like Panzerschreck and maybe improve it's effect with e.g. 2sec vehicle Freeze… so early is more balanced and Germans become more individuality.

OKW has Püppchen, AT-ability with upgrade. Nothing that provide OKW from get complete finished by one clown-car. You have to set your base-building at complete useless sectors only to counter a 190mp, 15fuel and 60mun unit. And don't forget the penal blobb.

Allii fractions don't have the problem with early light vehicles, because the get the counter way earlyer. Soviet get AT-nade or penals, UK gets cheap and ealry Piats or AEC and US early bazookas, Vet1 at-grenade or Stuat.

And at that situation, Grens don't need early Faust with that high damage. And OKW need something previding the complete rape with a tricky ability like a close-range At-grenade.
23 Sep 2018, 13:15 PM

Grenadiers only have access to Faust with T1, if you lose it, you lose the Faust. (same for Osttruppen)

You for real here? There is waaaay less then 1% of games when you lose any base building.
Coming up with unrealistic scenario isn't doing much good here.
23 Sep 2018, 13:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2018, 13:15 PMKatitof

You for real here? There is waaaay less then 1% of games when you lose any base building.
Coming up with unrealistic scenario isn't doing much good here.

For playing Osttruppen, it is a usless tech. That's why it also gets unlocked with T2 since last patch.

So or so there were scenarios that happend. And the Question isn't about that, only changin ability a. with a less OP ability, with option b. getting it back, when needed.
23 Sep 2018, 14:45 PM

> Early
+ High Crit
+ High Damage
+ Chase units without snare fears
= OP OP OP

PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias