Login

russian armor

Flame Halftrack

PAGES (8)down
26 Sep 2018, 00:21 AM

The lines when you set up an AT gun is the firing arc. If you are outside of that it can't shoot you (this rule doesn't apply to machine guns for some reason) after you take the first hit, move OUT of the arc instead of remaining in it, your units will survive much longer. Exit arc stage left, not backwards. You can thank me later for revolutionizing you game experience.

Unless the halftrack got some kind of speed buff added to the flame upgrade that I'm not aware of, it isn't capable of moving out of an AT gun's arc of fire in time to avoid the second hit even if it starts moving within half a second after being hit due to its horrific acceleration, nightmarish turn speed (which comes into play unless you miraculously give a move order directly in front or behind, which barely ever happens) and low movement speed overall.
26 Sep 2018, 01:53 AM

Unless the halftrack got some kind of speed buff added to the flame upgrade that I'm not aware of, it isn't capable of moving out of an AT gun's arc of fire in time to avoid the second hit even if it starts moving within half a second after being hit due to its horrific acceleration, nightmarish turn speed (which comes into play unless you miraculously give a move order directly in front or behind, which barely ever happens) and low movement speed overall.

Maybe don’t drive your flametrack halfway into an at gun’s arc and just stop then.

@armadillo: the machine gun arc thing is a bug with garrisons I think. The visual arc you see if you click on an mg in a garrison originates from the center of the building and not the actual weapon. The real arc is visible if you select the squad in the garrison rather than the building.
26 Sep 2018, 02:09 AM

@loop that actually makes a lot of sense, thank you for relieving that frustration for me.
26 Sep 2018, 06:27 AM

Wait, people actually invest 90 munitions into a vehicle that dies to two AT gun hits and can't move fast enough to avoid the second AT gun hit after the first lands even at max AT gun range?

I always thought people bringing up "but the flame halftrack" as some kind of argument about Ostheer's T2 being potent was a joke/troll.

^How to spot someone who did not watched CGS2 at all.
26 Sep 2018, 19:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2018, 06:27 AMKatitof

^How to spot someone who did not watched CGS2 at all.

Honestly its been painfully obvious in a lot of these nerf/buff threads that the people crying the hardest are the shit at the game. Go watch the high level play if you're not that experienced and draw some conclusions and realize the FHT is fucking awesome.

It's not a joke, or a meme, you're the joke if you're unable to use this sweet ass unit in your OST games.
26 Sep 2018, 22:27 PM

@loop that actually makes a lot of sense, thank you for relieving that frustration for me.

Yeah it pissed me off for years and then one day I accidentally clicked on the mg squad and I was like “oooooohhhhhh” lol.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS